Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 50 questions
vote
Yes, but you have to order the film holders for it. Mine did not come with them. I was able, however to manage to fit them into the regular 35mm holders and manipulate them. I have been playing around with scanners though for a long time. It does have a setting for 110 film. I sucessfully scanned a bunch of negatives this way, but I will invest in a holder as well. It was very difficult positioning them without one.
May 1, 2013 by Kenny1948
vote
I checked the instructions. 35mm only.
Jan 19, 2014 by John P. Carrithers
vote
No. You can rotate the images, but not reverse them. The slide would have to be put in again the correct way.
Aug 16, 2013 by rilefty
vote
I have not tried others. I did, just like you, a lot of reading, research and looking at options on the internet. Then I selected this machine. My goal was to somehow copy my old slides so I had a backup which allowed me to try other things such as converting the slides to DVDs. It was an insurance policy for my historical slides. I was not going to let the original slides out of my possession without some sort of backup. This machine fit the bill, gave me a good, very good, or a decent copy of every slide. Perfect? no. But it gave me the assurance to now let me send the original slides for making DVDs etc. This machine was a $100 insurance policy on memories I could not afford to loose. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Once I had the backup, I sent the slides away amd had ownderful DVD's with background music made. I am extremely pleased with the final results and this machine helped me get the assurance of a backup I needed.
Jul 15, 2013 by JC
vote
Manually fed. It is very easy and quick. We went through several thousand slides in a few days. It was concentrated effort, but it was easy. My daughter just watched tv while she did it.
Nov 18, 2012 by Brook
vote
I had not worked with negative film until I read your question, so I got out a strip of 35mm color negatives and put it in the scanner. After selecting "negative film", I looked at the first negative on the strip, and discovered that the image looked exactly like previous slide images had looked! There is no additional external software with the scanner, but conversion from negative to positive is built into the internal conversion program. What you see in the scanner viewer looks like a small print. Transferred to the computer, you wouldn't know whether the image came from a slide or a negative. To me, this makes the conversion process even more simple. (Any manipulation you may want to do after getting the images onto your computer can of course be done with any of a number of different image processing programs.) Hope that helps!
Jan 1, 2014 by Matthew C. Furze
vote
dvd would be the best, Bill
Dec 20, 2013 by Amazon Customer
vote
No...You can directly upload the files to an computer, then send via email, or thumb drive.
Nov 26, 2013 by Grape
vote
I just checked a slide and it scanned at 3072x4608 pixels. I have been very pleased with the resolution.
Nov 4, 2013 by tomiswho
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers