5.0 out of 5 stars SHE'S BACK!!!
Published on November 19, 2012 by Amazon Customer

I guess what I was wanting was the Keyshia from from the first two albums, as I love the songs on those albums. The songs on this album are good, just nothing that grabbed me so I listened to the album a few times & went back to Rihanna. If you are a fan you should love this album but if you are like me & wanted Keyshia from the early albums you may find this just okay.
Published on December 1, 2012 by H. MCGEE

5.0 out of 5 stars SHE'S BACK!!!, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Woman to Woman (Audio CD)
I've been a Keyshia Cole fan since 2005, I loved all of her albums including the last one "Calling All Hearts", if you were a true Keyshia Cole fan you heard and saw growth that she displayed on C.A.H. I've been waiting since Dec. 2011 for this CD when she first did the UStream previewing "Can't Make You Love Me" and the title track "Woman To Woman". She's came a long way, and I'm so happy to be a fan.

Now, Woman To Woman is really up there with my favorite album of hers "Just Like You". You can listen to it straight though. Stand Out tracks for me are "Zero Feat. Meek Mill", "Woman to Woman Feat. Ashanti", "I Choose You", "Stubborn", and my TWO FAVORITES "Missing Me" and "Hey Sexy".

You won't be disappointed!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Return or a Return to Form?!?!, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Woman to Woman (Audio CD)
Having been onto Keyshia before her debut broke through selling 90k in its opening week, I have chosen to buy each subsequent album. "Just Like You" signaled a new kind of soul coming from the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area and to date is her most satisfying album. That is not to say "A Different Me" did not hold its own, it certainly did. Was "Calling All Hearts" a disappointment? Wouldn't say that either though the wrong single choices my have impeded its ultimate chance of success.

I still bought "Woman to Woman" without the benefit of hearing enough snippets. I have learned not to judge a project solely on its first single. I do like "Enough of No Love" especially the line "had me thinking 'bout calling that bitch last night and tell her where she could meet me". And her stylings in the video are fascinating....funny on one hand, oddly eye-catching with the hair and the dress and the starry decored boot shoes. It is also that punk emo soul that is a dimension Keyshia seems to work well with her Oaktown roots. When the song hits a major then minor key that reveals remnants of a San Francisco Bay Area homegirl. The San Francisco sound that prevailed in the 70s is a certain emotive experience best captured by a stroke of Carlos' sensual guitar or a piano riff from Rachmaninov. But as time has gone by, I find myself really enraptured by the first two singles and their accompanying video. If ever a song has grown on me, "Enough of No Love" is hypnotic. To think that those lyrics actually belonged to another track....because it seems so ideal. Benny Boom has created two creative videos. Keyshia is an interesting contrast. Without a doubt, she is hood. But her melodies are often pretty and fluid.

Now that I have spent quality time with the album, "Get it Right" is the standout. The lyric, "You don't stroke me like you use to" is fully erotic and very vivid. I love the chorus. She worked with new writers and producers along with the marquee named writers/producers. It seems like the new writers have the edge.

For an album with a plethora of writers and producers, it still has a consistency that makes it quite compelling a listen. Of all the tracks from initial listenings, "Hey Sexy", "Stubborn", "Forever", "Trust and Believe" and "Who's Gonna Hold Me Down" rise to the surface immediately. The Rodney Jerkins track nor The Dream produced tracks do not sound like anything they have done previously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, well-produced, radio-friendly, November 19, 2012
tim morrison (8500 Peña Blvd, Denver, CO 80249) - See all my reviews
Keyshia Cole has her own niche and a loyal fan base. These are important factors for an artist to keep delivering his or her musical consistency. 'Woman to Woman', her 4th album, demonstrates that Keyshia still has many stories need to be told, and that characteristics of her voice always shine best in R&B.

Having known Keyshia Cole since her début 'The Way It Is', I agree with many mainstream critics that she reminds us of how Mary J Blige was in the time between '411' and 'Share My World'. However, I would argue that there are an obvious distinction between Keyshia and young Mary Jane while these both share the same experience of being desperate and heartbroken. That is, the young Mary J Blige embodied rebelliousness, blindness, adventure and outlaw in her early era. However, in modern days, these values represent the bold and daring attitude of such young women as Keyshia Cole. In other words, they are socially accepted. That's why Keyshia Cole can reveal tougher, more aggressive reactions towards relationships than Mary J Blige did. This kind of freedom enables Keyshia voice to release the anger of revenges. Keyshia Cole's musical persona is so damn consistently defined throughout four albums. It is sincere and raw.

Since her 3rd album, 'A Different Me', her feelings have become less intense than before. This trend continues in 'Woman to Woman'. The songs now are less personal. I believe that she emotionally changed over the motherhood. Like I said earlier, there are still many themes and topics out there for her to explore naturally, nevertheless.

In terms of production, 'Woman to Woman' is a solid urban record. What I like best about Keyshia Cole's albums is that they are well-produced, radio-friendly while not distorting the uniqueness of her voice. The electro-influenced track 'Stubborn' can affirm that opinion.

My picks: Enough of No Love, Zero, Trust & Believe, Wonderland, I Choose You, Why Lie, Signature.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those albums you can listen to straight through...no skipping over tracks!, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Woman to Woman (Audio CD)
Keyshia Cole has worked hard to establish a name for herself in the industry. With tons of setbacks and vocal woes initially, this rose has truly blossomed from the concrete and it radiates in her latest effort 'Woman to Woman'! Beautiful music at it's best. I have always supported Keyshia, and all of her albums are worthy of a purchase. She makes great music and I've never been disappointed by what she puts out there for our listening pleasure. Keyshia keeps the melodies, the pain, the hurt, the love, and the joys all warped into her music. A real singer has to experience real life situations before they can make a song that we can all relate to; Mrs. Cole-Gibson personifies this. I won't do a track by track evaluation because I love all the songs on this album. I do have to shout out the song 'Hey Sexy' because Keyshia you went old school on us throwing in the Betty Wright 'Tonight Is The Night' reference: "I know you not going to sing that song!" I Love It! Keep making beautiful music Keyshia, you will always have our support. I was really hoping for another duet from Keyshia and my favorite singer Monica on this effort but maybe on a future project! You ladies sounded great together on 'Trust'! Excellent job with this album Mrs. Cole-Gibson! We thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy The CD, November 21, 2012
This review is from: Woman to Woman (Audio CD)
Keyshia, Keyshia, Keyshia Cole. This is Keyshia's best cd hands down. I love it. Her vocals are smooth but soulful and the songs are completely on point when it comes to most relationships. And whether she is keeping it sexy with "WONDERLAND" or speaking truth with "ZERO" or "MISSING ME", this cd hands down is going to win her many awards,even though the timing for the AMA's has past and it maybe too late for a Grammy nomination but in the following year to come this cd is going to get her many awards. The pictures are beautiful as well each photo of her includes a look back at her past cd's up until this present. Keyshia, Keyshia, Keyshia Cole has totally re-introduced herself with this cd. To sum it all up, BUY THE ALBUM!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars No songs really grab me on this album, definitely better than the last one.., December 1, 2012
H. MCGEE (Apopka, FL USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars BlackAmarillo.com Review, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Woman to Woman (Audio CD)
Since giving birth to her first child and releasing "Calling All Hearts" in 2010. Keyshia Cole got married to Cleveland Cavaliers Daniel Gibson, did another reality TV show, entitled "Keyshia & Daniel: Family First" and now has released her 5th project entitled "Woman to Woman"

After listening to this project from start to finish I can honestly say that "Woman to Woman" arguably is her best project to date. The first person who came to mind while listening was Mary J. Blige first 3 projects "What's the 411?", "My Life" & "Mary" all classic projects.

Also like Mary J. Blige "Woman to Woman" is very heart felt with Keyshia singing with so much passion and full of emotions as you will hear in her lyrics like "Enough Of No Love", "Zero", "Trust And Believe", "Woman to Woman" & "I Choose You".

I also like "Hey Sexy", "Forever", "Wonderland", "Missing Me", "Get It Right", "Who's Gonna Hold Me Down' & "Why Lie"

That's 12 out 15 tracks I can say that I really like and I'm not a big Keyshia Cole fan but as a music critic I recognize good music when I hear it and "Woman to Woman" is a very good project. I won't yet go as far to say a "CLASSIC" as I was referring to Mary J. Blige but with the right Marketing & Promotion it has a very good chance of becoming one.

Definitely a must buy for any "TRUE" Keyshia Cole fan.

4 1/2 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST YET!!!, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Woman to Woman (Audio CD)
This album has got to be one of her best albums yet. Fave tracks are "Woman to woman", "Stubborn", "Wonderland" which is differnt for Keyshia & "Missing Me".

5.0 out of 5 stars Keyshia Cole is making her crown of Queen of Hip hop & R&B:, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Woman to Woman (Audio CD)
First of all R&B Songbird is back with her Fifith Studio Album Woman to woman she is more tougher than ever with tough R&B Beats and personal heartbreak songs the most personal album to date if your looking for Hearbreak and Sad love Songs Keyshia Cole is the Girl. I strongly agree with some of the writers Keyshia Cole is another Mary J. Blige she has been through alot in her personal life she has that same Trial Story and her music heartfelt with pain, Love, Brokenhearts.

Standout Tracks

Enough of No love Feat Lil Wayne.

Zero Feat Meek Mill.

Get Right

missing Me

Trust and Believe

I choose You

Stubborn

Why Lie

Woman to Woman Feat Ashant1.

Forever

Who's Gonna Hold me Down

I can't make you love Target Exclusive Song.

Signature my favorite Song

Wonder Target Exclusive Song.
Next move Duet Robin Thicke.

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a Waste of a Beautiful Voice, November 29, 2012
C. Gray (Brooklyn, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Woman to Woman (Audio CD)
Keyshia Cole has one of the best voices in R&B today. Unfortunately, the subject matter on this album is limited to juvenile love-drama, mainly orchestrated around break-ups, cheating, and circumspect relationships. Lyrically, she comes across far younger than her 31 years, relying far too much on slang and occasional vulgarity. It's hard to get past the first song, "Enough of No Love" where featured guest Lil' Wayne raps tastelessly with over-the-top curse words. I experienced a difficult time listening to the album once, with no interest in listening to it again. Hopefully, she will present a mature album her next time around.

Woman To Woman [Explicit]