Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on February 10, 2008
I read this book very recently, and it really helped me with some relationship issues I was having.

The book is divided up into two sections (Leave, and Love), what women do wrong and what women do right. The things I was doing that were unproductive to my relationship were right there in black and white, to read and learn from. It helped also knowing that I'm not the only woman who has done these things, and it also helped that the authors explain psychologically why women do these unproductive things that can hinder the relationship, and also MOST IMPORTANTLY how you can think differently and process things to turn it around and eliminate the unwanted behavior.

It was also reassuring to read the section on what men love and to see the things that I have been doing right.

In part of the Love section, one thing I found very beneficial is where the authors speak about how women keep the passion and sex alive in the relationship. I appreciated hearing it come from the perspective of two men (the authors).

I highly recommend this book.
0Comment73 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2009
I know I was. Six months ago, I finally decided it was time to understand why every relationship ended in drama and disaster. I felt so out of control because I invested so much and then ended up with nothing.

This book (along with Why He's Dating Her (Instead of You) - Why He Didn't Commit, Why He Left, and Why You're Still Hooked - 10 Ways to Be the Woman Every Man Wants) helped me turn things around.

This book helped me to get honest. I always thought it was the guys I was choosing who had the problem. To my surprise, I had deep feelings of resentment toward men and really made things hell for them and myself.

Not only did this book help me recognize what I was doing, the author gave very wise and very sound suggestions on how I could stop behaving the way I had been. It's taken some practice, but I am getting better.

Awareness is everything.
0Comment35 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2007
this book is AWESOME! i enjoyed reading men are from mars women are from venus, and this is my 2nd book on relationships/men. i enjoyed this book a little more than men are from mars b/c it really goes into depth abt the psychological aspects of behavior; and knowing is half the battle...right?!

what was also great abt this book was the way they started it off. to really understand the way guys think/feel you need to understand how men bond/are intimate versus the way women are.

as women, when we become intimate, we tend to become "attached." with guys, they tend to go back and forth between attachment and separateness. i guess scientifically, that's just how we are. already, this poses a problem. -=o\ men often need their space but will always feel the need to be with someone at the same time. (pfft, and guys think GIRLS are confusing)

anyway, part one highlights mistakes women make to withdraw the man they're with. they talk abt women who secretly fear intimacy, women who secretly feel contempt for men, & women who give to freely amongst other things. then it goes on to say why these behaviors may draw men away.

part two explains things women can do to improve our relationships and what turns men on (not necessarily in bed).

overall, this is a great book and in the back there's a few quizzes on styles of loving.

i'm actually reading it again.
22 comments70 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2007
This is money well spent and I would do it again. I bought the book and started reading it right from the get go it helps. I knew I was making some mistakes I wasnt picking up in my dating life and this book clued me right in. I starting dating someone two weeks after I had started reading this book. We are now a couple of months in and we havent even had a disagreement. This book teaches you how to communicate with the opposite sex about everything and anything in a way that is accepted. It teaches you to focus on "what you need and want" without losing yourself in the new relationship. This is the first time I am dating someone and still enjoying my separate social life with a great guy in my life too. This book is a jackpot of great information. My guy thought I connected with him so well he went to the library to get a copy to see what was so interesting about it. He learned great things from the book.....thank you, thank you.
0Comment35 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2007
I had to send to the States to get this book, and it was well worth the wait and the dollars. What I loved about this book is that it has something unique to say (and I own a LOT of books on relationships), and any woman would benefit from its message. If you find yourself working hard in your relationships, and they keep blowing up in your face, get this book and apply what it says. For most women this means relatively small shifts in behaviour and attitude, that pay off big time. This time when my prince showed up I didn't unwittingly sabotage my happily-ever-after ending!
0Comment21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2008
Reading this book from a man's perspective I can say this is a must read book. It speaks volume from the heart of men to women. Reveals secrets women should know.
Dr. Israel King,Ph.D. Author of How To Keep A Man
HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon January 27, 2006
Loved this book Women Men Love, Women Men Leave : What Makes Men Want to Commit? not because I am looking to snag a man, but because as a widow after thirty eight years with my best friend I wanted to hear from a man what men think and why these days. It is a very informative read and one I would like to see more women read. Even married women whose marriages seem headed for rough waters. There are no games, just direct wisdom for women willing to be quiet and listen and learn.
0Comment68 of 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2010
The title of this book is completely misleading - it gives the impression that it is about how women should behave to "get" a man. There is a bit of disucssion regarding female behavioral attributes that can turn a man away, but for the most part, it's a great overall read on the underpinnings of relationships that would be valuable to both sexes. It discusses the bonding process, how men and women bond differently and how those differences create opposite behaviors in men and women, the stages of relationships and how both partners react to the stages, etc... It's a quick read that helped me think of relationships more objectively and more realistically.
on October 26, 2001
In easy psychological terms, this book helps a woman understand why a man may react negatively to her even when she feels she's doing everything right for a relationship. With different female personalities portrayed, the reader will find themselves fitting one or more of the profiles. Suggestions are offered for each personality type on how to break a negative relationship cycle. It is empowering for women and proves that when a man withdraws it's not all in our heads. Highly recommended if you're a woman who feels you need a fresh perspective and change in your relationship.
0Comment114 of 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2009
I was a little disappointed with this book. Although it was informative, it was written in the 80's. Times and attitudes on relationships have changed and I would have liked to have read something a little more current; some of the information seemed a little outdated. Also, I felt like I was trudging through the book instead of enjoying it. Some fun and whimsical passages would have made it more interesting; instead it was dry and read like a college text book. There is still some good advice to be learned, but if I had known it was such a dry read, I would have ordered something else.
33 comments13 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse