5.0 out of 5 stars Best running shoe value
The entire ASICS-GT line from the GT-1000 to the most recent GT-2120 are by far the best value for runners!

Published on March 5, 2007 by Mollee Sheehan-Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my best ASICS shoe
I only wear ASICS shoes because I've tried every other shoe, and these are the best brand in my opinion. I run, on average, 10 miles per week. So far the shoes are fine, but they're nothing special. Typically I spend $85-$100 minimum on running shoes, and these I bought on sale for $60. My feet don't feel the kind of support that I usually get from brand new ASICS. Next...
Published on March 6, 2010 by Heather

5.0 out of 5 stars Best running shoe value, March 5, 2007

I used to wear Nike, until I read in Runner's World Magazine that the ASICS GT-1100 was the Editor's Choice for best overall running shoe, so I thought, why not? In the past I've dealt with shin splints, knee pain and plantar fasciitis(a.k.a. really sore feet), but my ASICS 1100s kept me healthy and comfortable, and relatively stylish. I've been a committed Asics devotee since.

I own ASICS Kayano running shoes, which cost $135 - considerably more than the GT series - and truthfully, I find no difference between the two except for the price. Also, there is not much difference within the GT series. I've owned GT-1100, GT-1120, GT-2110 and GT-2120 - all are superior. So, find the style and color to suit your budget - and enjoy comfortable running to your heart's content (or until you rack up 300 miles, after which you should replace your Asics as all running shoes start to lose their support and stability after around 300 miles. FYI - many local track clubs have programs in which they collect retired running shoes and donate them to impoverished children and adults. Spread the Asics comfort! Because though the shoes are no longer optimal for running after 300 miles, they still make great "kick-around" shoes and are cute and fun for casual wear. Sorry about the digression...

If you run short or medium distances (<30 miles per week), this is the shoe for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable!, November 29, 2006
I started running again after many years. I bought average shoes due to not knowing if I would stick with it. After a few weeks of my feet hurting and feeling like they were numb I went and got fitted for shoes. These shoes had the "ah" factor right away. I didn't truly believe the "shoe factor" that states the shoes are everything. Boy was I wrong!!! They made an unbelievable difference and now 9 months later I am still running and have even entered several races. I wouldn't do it without these shoes. My running partner agrees. Her knees are not in good shape, but she is now doing great with these shoes. We're believers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoe, January 12, 2007
SLR (Arlington, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I have bought this style for the past 3 years. It is a great workout shoe. It is light and comfortable. Great arch support.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great shoe, July 27, 2006
This review is from: Womens ASICS GT-2110 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I recently bought a pair of these, and they've been excellent from the first time I wore them out running. A long-time fan of Asics, this was my first pair from the 2100 series, and it seems to be a wonderful choice. Before this, I had one pair of the Gel-1070 and two of the Gel-1080. This shoe has a really nice design on the heel, and the mesh on the rest of the shoe gives it a light, yet sturdy, feel. When I first tried them on, it felt as comfortable as some of the other running shoes I have that are already broken-in. I've got fairly narrow feet, and these fit me well, although I've read a few reviews in running magazines that say they'd be good for folks with wider feet. Plenty of room in the toe box. I typically wear a size 7 (womens) and ended up going with a 6.5 for this shoe; don't know if it others would run into this issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Over Pronators Unite!!!!Asics Rule!, July 4, 2007
I have very very flat feet and over pronate like nobodies business. Most trainers cant believe I have trained for and completed races without knee injuries(or even shin splints). My secret weapon-my Asics GT's. Ladies and Gentlemen if you can appreciate lightweight shoes, that contour to broader feet and keep your feet cool- you will love these shoes! I forget Im wearing them because they fit so well. A definite plus when you are trying to focus on pushing yourself through.

Like most Asics owners I am a devotee and buy them exclusively. I went shoe shopping after having my son and tried Nike's and New Balances even Reeboks. The last pair I tried on were my Asics and I haven't looked back. I feel a little sad when I have to retire them. Now when I see Asics owners around I always compliment them on their fine choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, February 4, 2007
I have been a fan of ASICS shoes for many years my feet tend to overpronate, which puts a terrible strain on my knees and arches. Asics duomax technology allows me to run comfortably which I love to do but stopped for many years due to the strain on my joints,until I found these shoes. I absolutely love these shoes they have helped me regain the confidence and comfort to enjoy running again. This is the only type of shoe I will ever buy and has been the only one I have bought for 7 years now ! I highly recommend this shoe! Especially if your feet tend to overpronate.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Pair of Asics - Will Never Go Back!, April 13, 2007
Hope Gramm (Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
I tried on a bunch of different brands of shoes, trying to find the most comfortable. I usually wear New Balance, but thought I would see if there is anything more comfy out there. I fell in love with a pair of Asics. Before buying, I decided to go to a shoe store and tried on several different pairs of Asics: GT-2120, GT-1120, GT 2110, and some others. Even thought the GT-2110's are not the newest on the market, they were by far the most comfortable for me! I love the cushioning! There was no "breaking them in" either. They have been comfortable since the first time I used them. I don't run alot, but I take a lot of exercise classes and these are perfect. I don't think I will ever buy another brand of shoes. I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, May 12, 2007
I love these shoes! My personal trainer recommended them, and I purchased them from Amazon. They come in some cool colors - when she saw them, she said "Where did you get orange?" :)

My only problem: be aware that the mesh over your toes REALLY keeps your toes cool, and if you wear these in cold weather, your toes will freeze! However, if you wear them in warm weather, you're all set. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Running Shoes, May 13, 2007
K-10 (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
Great shoes. This is the fourth pair of ASICS that I have purchased. I have small, wide feet. The support near the toes is giving enough to not cause blisters and the arch support is just right for a slow runner like me. I will continue to buy this brand for running.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, but not long lasting, March 25, 2008
I have been running in this Asics series ever since I found them. They are a good fit, with a roomy enough toe box for a wider women's foot, but not too wide. They are supportive but light, maybe not suitable for a overpronator, but fine for a normal step. My only disappointment is that they wear out very quickly with regular use. All the asics in the 1900 and now 2000 series break down really fast. I often have splitting seems within a few days and the overall cushioning, support, and outer parts of the shoe wear out fast.

Womens ASICS GT-2110 Running Shoe