on April 18, 2013
After back surgery and being relatively inactive for an extended period of time, I've become a bit softer around the midde, buttocks, and thighs. Anything that can help with the body issues right now is quite welcome! I wear pants size 4-8 petite (depending on the brand), and decided to try these on at the local department store yesterday. I was amazed! These pants lived up to their claim! I was so excited to find legging/yoga-type pants that look great for my physical therapy appointments! My husband thinks they look great... especially the lift in the buttocks (and he is quite honest with clothing!). Neither of us could even see panty lines! I don't usually rave about clothes, but these are absolutely great IMO.

My only wish is that they were available in more colors, but I guess black is the most slimming to the eye, right?

I don't think that these pants will magically make a body that is completely out of shape look like they've been going to the gym for years. However, for those of us that have stayed in halfway decent shape, and just need some light compression & smoothing, these fit the bill perfectly. Bonus points for offering a 29 inch inseam for us short gals!

I will definitely be buying another pair of these.
on April 8, 2012
I found these at Kohls while looking for a new pair of yoga pants. They were the only pair in this brand and I bought them because I liked the length and the cut. They fit nicely and looked great. But when I got them home and put them on again, I really noticed an annoying flaw of these pants. The "magical butt boosting" pants should be called the "magical crotch squeezing and wedgie giving pants." There are two seams that go from the butt area (the two cheeks, so to speak) down to the crotch underneath. I guess this is what is supposed to lift your butt, however its really annoying feeling when you walk, it kinda squeezes you underneath. I will be returning them!
on June 26, 2015
Save your money! I purchased a pair of "Marika Magic - Slimming Capri Leggings" off another site.
Many complaints are numerous on these since the marketing is misleading and the product is poor quality.

Because of the name, packaging and marketing, I expected a product that uses a thicker lycra and neo-prene-like material -- as my other good yoga pants do. These are thin, basic cotton lycra stretch pants. At a certain angle, you can see my skin through them! Just pulling them up, my finger compromised the fabric near the knee and almost punctured right through it. I didn't even know that was possible with yoga-type pants.
The name and packaging are completely miss-leading with the hopes to find gullible customers such as myself, hoping to smooth-out and contour my stomach, hips and thighs. NOT. There is no lining or panel in the tummy, yet they say they are "magic" and it smooths the tummy.
The only lining is a thin piece of sheer material on the hip/thigh area. It does nothing! It doesn't narrow, smooth or do anything. In fact, you can still see my lumps through it! lol
As for "butt lifting", I don't know how that is possible. The material is so thin and there is no stitching or lining in the bum area at all, just the standard stitch down the crease of the bum.

I believe they feel that by adding additional stitching to a yoga pant, they can claim that it is magic and slims your figure. I tell you, it is the worst pair of yoga pants I have ever bought. They added two lines of stitching down the thigh and leg area. That's all.

For the record, I am 5' 3", 130lbs and wear a size medium. I purchased a size medium and they fit.
I would not recommend these to a friend. For the money, you can find better quality at Walmart.