5.0 out of 5 stars Love them love them!!!
First, these run a teeny bit snug. .. I'm a size 9 to 9 1/2, and the 9 is snug. On the other hand, I've started liking them snug because they feel so cozy. Since the weather changed, I have been wearing these almost every day. I bought the chocolate and the black, and I alternate.

The soles are just like the other shape ups or MBTs. Supremely comfortable,...
Published on January 7, 2011 by Kendra

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Design, but....
Published on January 1, 2011 by LisaVA

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them love them!!!, January 7, 2011

The soles are just like the other shape ups or MBTs. Supremely comfortable, excellent quality suede, and very thick fluffy lining. I own MBTs, Sketchers, and some newer off-brand shoes with these kinds of soles. I don't see much of a difference between brands that have these kinds of soles. Besides the benefit of the negative heel, though, they are also more cushioned than other flat-soled boots such as Uggs or Emu. Since they have an inch to two inch thick sole, I find these boots both more comfortable while also appreciating the extra height and insulation from the cold (and hard) ground.

The calves are nice and roomy and are easy to tuck your jeans into. I've gotten tons of compliments on these-- almost daily. Great winter boots. I can't recommend them enough.

A couple of reviewers stated that the wide shafts slip down. I believe they have this problem, but I can't see how since the suede, in addition to the very fluffy lining, make the boot too stiff to just slide down. Not too stiff to be comfortable, mind you. .. just too stiff to scrunch down or get out of shape. Even when they are off my feet, the boot stays in shape. .. they aren't "scrunchable" or anything like that. I can't even imagine how this can be the case. These boots would never need a boot tree to keep them in good condition, for instance-- they are just the same shape whether my foot is in them or not.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Design, but...., January 1, 2011
In general, these boots lived up to my expectation - comfortable, good shaft height (not to high or too short) and nice wide shaft so that you can tuck in boots or jeans. However, the problem with the shaft being so wide is that it slips down in the back and scraps the back of my ankles -- you know that spot! I've overcome it my wearing very thick socks which the boots have ample room for but we forewarned.

5.0 out of 5 stars the Best boots, April 22, 2013
This is my 3rd pair Love them My first pair lasted 4 years, and now I am hoarding the for fear they will not make the tall ones anymore. Can not find black, they are disconnting these great confy boots, were them all the time in winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these boots, December 26, 2010
These boots are true to size,I read reviews skechers shape ups run small. I have a ankle fushion and must wear rocker bottom shoes. I was so glad when shape ups came out now I don't have to pay 200.00 for special shoes I don't like. I have 4 pairs of shape up sneakers and now have 2 pairs of boots. The avalanche boots are only 1 1/4" high sneakers are 1 1/2" but I have no problems with the height difference. very very comfortable warm boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots, January 2, 2011
I absolutely love these boots. I ordered then the same size as my shape Up runners. Those run a bit small. These do not, they are true to size. I wore them with thicker socks. I did however give them to someone and want to order a smaller pair and now I can't get them in black. Please get them back in black so I can order a new pair. Best boots I ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, Love, Love my boots!, November 16, 2013
Nice and warm, block the wind, and look great too! These are my favorite boots, not much more that I can say, love my boots!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these, March 20, 2013
They are very comfortable and warm. Just right for those cold days and evenings. I like to just lounge around the house in them too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, March 19, 2011
I got these after an extensive search for the perfect boots, and am basically very happy with them.
Pros:
*Fit - go true-to-size...they might be a tiny bit snug but not too tight, and with the ShapeUp sole you want that.
*Calf - I have VERY wide calves (they measure 17") and therefore can rarely get boots like these, but even though these aren't touted as wide calf, they fit!!!
*Warmth - excellent warmth. Part of the reason I chose these was because they are fully (faux)fur lined and it definitely works well.
*Style - I have the chocolate brown and they are attractive. The black color of the sole minimizes the appearance of the thick ShapeUp bottom, and they have worn well in wet and snowy weather. The ankle strap detail is just enough to be cute without being too fussy, and does actually help in that it keeps them snug around the ankle (again, something you want with these soles).

Cons:
*Soles - I have ShapeUp sneakers I LOVE, and they are the ultra-thick kind (they cushion my knees and hips). These boots have the thinner, denser soles, which are meant to be worn for more extended periods of time on your feet. The theory is the deeper soles work your muscles harder so the thinner ones are better for extended wear, but I found these tended to hurt my feet more. However, I have weak arches and that was the area that hurt me the most, so it might just be my feet.

Overall I really like them and am glad I bought them. I just have to be conscientious that if I try to walk too fast in them they hurt (such as hurrying to catch the subway). I think most people looking for an attractive VERY warm boot will like them.

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected more, January 5, 2011
First of all, I am a huge fan of the Skechers Shape-Ups line. I bought these boots and then unfortunately returned them. They felt nothing like my other Shape-Ups sneakers. The other big problem with them was the width of the shaft. The width is huge and my feet were not nestled into the boots to the point just walking around the house became uncomfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots, March 28, 2011
I purchased these boots because I like to walk to work. They are very comfortable and look nice. I have one problem with these boots, as I walk my trouser socks start to come down to my heels and when I take them off my socks stay in the boots. My solution to this problem is to wear longer socks, otherwise it can be uncomfortable to walk while your socks are working there way off of your feet.