3.0 out of 5 stars warm but heavy, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Womens Timberland Earthkeeper Radler Trail Boot Orange/Red/Maroon (Apparel)
I got these boots hoping to keep my feet warm in camp during mid-winter backpacking trips, but was unable to find their weight anywhere online before I bought them. Once received I weighed them on my postal scale and they come in at a whopping 17 ounces for a women's size 8--far too heavy for backpacking but nice for other uses. They're great for trips to the ski lodge, for instance. They pack down small (although zipping them back together is a bit like stuffing a newborn baby back into the birth canal).
The rubber soles are quite sturdy and durable and provide pretty good traction. The bungees on the back cinch the heel in place so your feet don't slide around. The insulation is toasty but I can't speak to field use because I'm returning mine. I just wanted to let people know about their weight, and also that they run slightly small so if you're between sizes and planning to wear these with socks, definitely order a size up.
This boot is a great idea and there are some easy fixes Timberland could employ to make these light enough for winter backpacking.

2.0 out of 5 stars uncomfortable, May 7, 2013
Wish I could return this bootie. Call me "princess" but this bootie is uncomfortable and just doesn't fit right. Pass on this one.