Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 27, 2016
I have the hard back copy first edition and I wanted a portable version so I purchased it for my Kindle and smartphones. This is a fantastic well written book detailing the early history of textiles and their role in history. Its interesting to read and easy to understand. This book isn't just for women but for everyone as it gives you a great understanding into the labor intensive process of early textile production.
on May 11, 2016
Very Happy
on May 5, 2016
A stunning academic achievement. A real clarifying enhancement for people seriously interested in detail archaeology.
on April 28, 2016
Great information, well researched
on April 22, 2016
As a dedicated fiction reader I was surprised to find I really liked this book. the details and drawings were fascinating! So glad my non-fiction reading and weaving friend recommended it to me!
on April 20, 2016
Only had some of what I expected.
on April 20, 2016
This book has changed my perspective on textiles. Maybe I should say it has given me a perspective on textiles. Cloth and clothing are so common in our lives that we never think of their history and everything that went into developing them. This book corrects that. It's a terrific read on a fascinating topic. I especially love the chapters on "The String Revolution" and "Behind the Myths". This book is an important contribution to women's history as well as the history of textiles.

HIGHLY recommended.
on March 23, 2016
Written in a very accessible way. Fascinating history that has enhanced my appreciation of textiles.
on March 1, 2016
Informative, interesting history of textiles and women's pivotal in this important element of various societies.
on February 19, 2016
Interesting and clear, yet detailed. The breath of the title is somewhat misleading, given the heavy emphasis on textiles, which is the author's area of expertise. This is the unfortunate consequence of the paucity of archeological evidence of other aspects of ancient women's work