4.0 out of 5 stars HeroBusytown
I am 7 years old, and I love this game very much. Even my sister can play the game, and my sister is three. It is a family game, and we love it. You look through a fake magnifying glass to find different objects. You lose as a family and win as a family. I wish my mom would get it down more often.
Published on December 8, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game, fun pictures
Published on March 26, 2012 by David E. Goldweber

4.0 out of 5 stars HeroBusytown, December 8, 2011
A Kid's Review

5.0 out of 5 stars work together, November 12, 2009
This review is from: Richard Scarry Busy Town (Toy)
The best thing about this game is that you move your own little piece, but you have to work together in order to "win" the game.

My 3 and 5 year old loved solving the mysteries as they took turns playing. It was fun for them to hunt for the various hidden pictures on the game board and use the little magnifying glasses to mark their finds.

I thought the artwork was great, the game creative, and had fun playing it with my kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game!, November 10, 2009
This review is from: Richard Scarry Busy Town (Toy)
This is a GREAT kids game.

I love the Richard Scarry's theme and the fact that the players don't actually play against each other.
They are a team- My 5 five year old daughter is at an age where she hates it when she loses so this works great.
As an adult, I also enjoyed playing this with my daughter- which is really saying something.

The game board and pieces are very good quality as well.
I highly recommend this game for your family or a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, November 9, 2009
This review is from: Richard Scarry Busy Town (Toy)
My son, age 3, loves this game. We had a lot of fun playing it. It is a game that will hold his attention and one that he loves to come back to over and over. I recommend this game and all the others from this company. They really know how to make games that get kids working together, learning, moving and having fun! A parent can't ask for much more!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game, fun pictures, March 26, 2012
David E. Goldweber (Oakland, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Richard Scarry Busy Town (Toy)
While not necessarily any better than other similar kid games (such as Race to the Treasure which actually requires more strategy than Busytown), this game becomes more fun when you know the original Richard Scarry stories. The main and obvious flaw is that the board is always the same... once you remember where the objects are located, you can always find them again. It's like Hidden Pictures - once you find the pictures, that's it. At some point, this flaw severely limits the number of times you can play Busytown. Still, you can make up new rules to handicap yourself. And it is fun just to look at the pictures. My 5-year-old likes it. Ages 4-6 should like it best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Appealed to a 4, 6, and 8 Year Old, November 29, 2011
This review is from: Richard Scarry Busy Town (Toy)
I didn't know if my hyper-competitive 6 and 8 year old would enjoy a cooperative game, but I was pleasantly surprised that they did. My 4 year old was in heaven--both that she was playing a game with her brothers, and that they all won and beat the pigs from eating all of the food on picnic island.

Be forewarned that you need a big space for this--the game board is six feet long. I do think the gigantic game board is part of the appeal for the kids. Basically, it's like a seek-and-find. You spin a spinner--and you'll either get a certain number of spaces to move, a pig who eats food off of picnic island (six items), or a mystery card (goldenbug I think it's called). If you land on the mystery spot, you draw a card which is what everybody is looking for, such as a clock. You're limited by the timer. You then put these little orange plastic magnifying glasses on each target object you find (say clocks). Then you count up the objects and *everybody* gets to move that many spaces. There's a barge that takes everybody to picnic island, and it cannot move until all the players are there...so that's how everybody wins.

I don't think it took very long to play...maybe 15 minutes or so for a game?

If the price is more than twenty dollars, add it to your cart and just watch it. Seems to fluctuate a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Game Ever!, July 18, 2011
This review is from: Richard Scarry Busy Town (Toy)
My youngest daughter just received this for her 5th birthday. My oldest child is 12, so believe me, I've played more than my fair share of kids games over the last decade! This was refreshingly unique, in that the players are playing as a team, trying to win against a fictional group of pigs, who will eat everything in the picnic if you don't get there fast enough. It is not so much that the product has eliminated the concept of "losing," because if your team doesn't get to the end before the pigs eat all the food, you in essence have lost. However, it is a gentle introduction to losing, because the group is having fun working together, and as a parent I am able to keep the mood positive, and model good losing behavior- "Aw, man! That was a good try! Let's play again and see if we can beat those pigs the next time!" The pieces seem durable, it all fits nicely in the box, its easy enough for the kids to set up and play on their own, and it kept my attention enough that it was enjoyable to play as an adult. Highly recommend, preschool through lower grades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way for a child to learn board game skills, November 5, 2010
This review is from: Richard Scarry Busy Town (Toy)
I purchased this for my son on his third birthday. He is a very active little guy and I wasn't sure how he'd do with a board game, but found this to be a very gentle introduction to all of the basics--using a spinner, moving pieces on the board, the object of a game (get to picnic island before the pigs eat the food), etc. He loves this game. He would play it 10 times each day if he had someone to play with him. Now, at 3 1/2, he's really playing well. Great starter game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming game!, September 6, 2011
This review is from: Richard Scarry Busy Town (Toy)
My 5-year-old got this for her birthday, and in the months since, it's become our go-to board game. We're Richard Scarry fans here, and love his gentle and wholesome illustrations and characters. But even those unfamiliar with his work would enjoy the thrill of the "hunt" for hidden pictures. My 8-year-old son considers himself too old for this game, but whenever his sister plays it, he invariably makes his way into the room and helps in the search. It's kind of irresistible! I also appreciate the "everyone a winner" approach, which may make some people roll their eyes, but for many children of this target age, "losing" and "fun" don't necessarily go hand-in-hand, and that issue is avoided entirely here. A really pleasant game. (One other bonus - the board is very long, so it forces us to clean up the playroom before we set it up!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game, but disagree with comments on durability, January 1, 2010
It'sJessMe (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Richard Scarry Busy Town (Toy)
We've had this game for about a month and my boys (3 and 6) adore it. The Busytown books are their favorites - so this was just a delight for them. I loved seeing their faces when they opened it, and as everyone else says, it's beautifully drawn and teaches them to work together. And fun for adults too.

But, maybe because they play it so often (5-6 times a day for a month) I disagree about the durability. On one of the board pieces, the paper with the drawing is already coming off, (actually, as I was about to hit Publish, my kids started setting up the board to play - and the paper came off entirely) and I've had to tape a couple of the character pieces to get them to fit into their bases, because they wore out so quickly.

It's not a big deal, we can easily fix them and it doesn't detract from how great the game is, but I did want to offer a counter view on the durability.

Richard Scarry Busy Town