5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game that has lots of learning
A lot of preschool games seem to be tossed together and only have one activity, thus my boy gets bored easily with them. This game is different. It's fun and lots of activity for preschoolers who might not be able to sit for long periods.

Published on September 19, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars fun game but planes need a redesign
Published on May 4, 2012 by KCO

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game that has lots of learning, September 19, 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)

To play you roll the dice down the control tower and determine how many passengers and stops you make. You then pick up the passengers, take them to their destination and get a souvenir. The player with the highest number of souvenirs wins the game.

This game is extremely well thought out. Every piece has a purpose and a place. The bottom of the game box is your board and looks like an airport terminal. The airplanes are sturdy and have room for passengers and cargo souvenirs.

There is lots of different types of learning.
~ Counting - The dice promote simple counting up to 4 in two categories. You need to count your souvenirs at the end of the game to determine the winner.

~ Fine Motor Skills - You must slot the passengers and cargo into the airplane which is a great way to develop fine motor skills

`Gross Motor Skills- You are encouraged to spread out the destinations all over the room. So there is lots of action and movement going on.

~Pretend Play and Social skills - Each passenger is going to a different location you can read where they are going, or look at their outfit and determine where they are going (swimsuit is beach). You fly them to the destination where you get to make cool airplane noises and fly by the dog (if you are my son). When you drop off the passenger you can pick a place on the mat where that figure should go (The skier would be on the slope and not building a snowman)

All in all it's the best preschool game I've ever played.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Game & fun for the adult too, September 22, 2012
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)
We've had the Richard Scarry Busy Town game since Christmas and enjoyed it so much that we decided to try this one too. A friend highly recommended it. So glad we got it! Both games are very well made and sturdily constructed. Both are engaging for both children and adults alike. What's particularly great about the airport game is that my 4 year old just plays with it like a toy airport when we're not playing with it as the board game itself. So, there's a lot of creative play value here.

Some key differences between the Airport Game and the Busy Town Game: In the Airport Game, there is a clear winner - while the Busy Town game is cooperative. The Airport Game has more advanced adding. You add up souvenirs and end up with a math problem like this: 4 + 1 + 3 = 8. (I got out our abacus to show my 4 year old how to add up the numbers. With two players you could end up adding 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 =17 or beyond 20.) The person with the most souvenirs wins. Busy Town is simpler - you just count by ones to add up how many hidden items you've found - and then you move your players along the board by that many steps.

So, to sum up... Busy Town: Cooperative and adding by ones, Airport Game: more advanced adding and there is a single winner. They're BOTH excellent, well made, board games, but they are different.

3.0 out of 5 stars fun game but planes need a redesign, May 4, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)
My four year old son loves this game and goes back to it all the time. Mostly though after an elaborate set up process, my son pick up passengers and flies them around to the different locations. It's a fun toy that gets him moving around and playing, so that's great, but it's not so much a "game." Also, he quickly became frustrated with the planes coming apart due to their construction, so he modified them by not using the wings. Because the wings clip on to a piece of plastic at the bottom, the plastic clip falls out and the wings drop off. It's a dumb design and could use some re-engineering to improve it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom of a Kindergartener, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)
My son is in kindergarten and loves this game. I was worried that he wouldn't like it because of the subject matter, but it isn't. He loves going to the destinations. I love the movement and fine motor skills involved. I also love how my child adds up the points at the end. Great game and a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST game out there for little ones!, May 6, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)
We are game fanatics, since my 4-year-old only child thrives on adult interaction. We have almost every game out there (seriously). This one is by far, the absolute best!!! I was skeptical, because so many times we have been disappointed. This is absolutely superb. Easy to set up, easy to learn (and easy to make modifications for faster and/or easier play that pleases a 4-year-old). My son has fun with ALL aspects of the game, and that is the difference. Even when it's my turn, he can "fly" his plane behind me to the destination as "back-up." Never a dull moment. The little passengers are easy to manipulate and put in the plane, and the "cargo" hold for souvenirs is genius. The simplest ideas, put together in one great game. And --- it gets my energetic, hyper little guy up and moving around! I made sure we spread the 4 destinations as far around the house as we could go. I think next time, I will put a couple outside, ha ha. ;-) I highly, highly recommend this game. No mess, quick clean up (everything goes in the box), and it's ready to play out of the box. If your child has an interest in traveling, airplanes, airports, I think the game will be an absolute hit! Worth every penny. I may buy another just to have, in case we lose some pieces. (It is really that awesome).

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome game!!!, November 19, 2011
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)
My 4 year old daughter loves this game. Between making decisions to pick up passengers, or to fly to destinations, to picking up the souvenirs, and counting them at the end of the game, this is a win win in my book for any preschool/kindergarten child. It isn't the boring, sit at a table game that parents dread because it's completely boring for adults, it's a flying all around the room, make up stories, up and down game that parents can play with their kids, and have a good time as well. Way to go Wonder Forge, what will you think of next?!? (Oh, and, another plus, is that Wonder Forge listens to their customers, and values their input. On a different game, some parents made suggestions to make a single piece better, they listened, made the change, and contacted all the parents, and sent them the piece free of charge!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Preschool Game!, October 10, 2011
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)
Our 3 year old LOVES games. His favorite was Uno Moo (a great game), but we were playing it EVERYDAY and it was getting really old. I bought him this game on a whim, and it's AMAZING! My son loves flying his airplane to different destinations, and likes choosing which characters to put into his plane. Putting the little characters in the plane is really helping his hand-eye coordination. Overall it's a great game. I was worried that the airplanes would be flimsy, but they're surprisingly durable. My only complaint is that the pieces of the plane tend to come apart mid-flight. That and adding up the points at the end of the game is a little too difficult for a preschooler: 4+3+2+3+1 (that kind of thing). The objects on the tiny cards are too small to point and count the way they tell you to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Game!, December 2, 2011
M. Montgomery (Huntsville, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)
We opened this game for the first time at a family gathering with kids, parents, and grandparents and we were so glad we did! The game is simple, but fun for everyone. My son loved flying his favorite Busytown characters to their destinations all over the room. I especially liked that there are a few steps to follow with each player's turn and that forces preschoolers to pay attention to the instructions and follow them accurately. There are quite a few smaller pieces to this game, which is the only downside to the game. Overall, though, this goes on our list of favorite games!

We received Busy, Busy Airport from The Wonder Forge and opinions are my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun for kids and parents, November 23, 2011
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)
My 5-year-old and 7-year-old love this game. It's easy enough for preschoolers but still fun for older kids and adults. Here are some things I like about it:
- Well-designed: the box is the game board, the planes are sturdy, the classic Busytown graphics are great.
- So many skill sets! It's great for gross motor, fine motor, counting, and even learning to begin to strategize.
- Quick play - it doesn't take too long to finish a game so if your child wants to play again & again you'll be able to say "yes".
- Keeps you active - I love a game that encourages the players to get up and move around.

I think this is a great game and worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars A High Flying Hit, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Richard Scarry Airport Game (Toy)
This was a present I bought (Aka Santa) . The game is fun. The only part of the game That was not understood ( my fault) was about keeping all of the souvenir cards in your cargo hold until all the passengers arrived at their location. I thought you dropped the cargo off before flying again. This did not create a problem playing the game. Next time we play the cargo will remain in the cargo hold until all passengers arrive at their location.

Richard Scarry Airport Game