5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
I have to say that I ordered this a couple of weeks ago, and just now used it for the first time and I'm in love. It's absolutely perfect for making crustless sealed sandwiches without wasting a lot of bread/sandwich like the round sandwich sealer does.

Published on November 20, 2011 by Ryan Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like it
Published 22 months ago by K. McNett

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, November 20, 2011
Ryan Scott (Hampton Roads, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonder Sandwich Sealer N Decruster (Colors may vary) (Kitchen)

I had two different loaves of bread - Great Value sandwich bread (Walmart brand) and Wonder sandwich bread. This fits absolutely perfectly with the Great Value sandwich bread, but it wouldn't fit inside the Wonder bread completely (the crust removing outer white part would overlap one side of the crust, but the blue sealing part would be within the crust and still seal nicely). I made three peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. All three turned out perfectly with a great seal. I was able to give one to my two year old and have him eat it without making a mess like a normal peanut butter and jelly sandich (cut in half) would.

I didn't do anything special when making my sandwiches - just put a thin layer of peanut butter on both slices of bread - in the middle only, and then topped one half with some jelly. I then placed the other piece of bread (with peanut butter on it) on top and then lined up the Sealer N Decruster and pushed down. I pushed the white part down first to get a clean cut first, and once that was cut all the way through the bread, I pushed down on the blue sealer part and made sure to push down on all four sides. When I removed the Sealer N Decruster I had perfect "uncrustable" sealed sandwiches. I did read that some people suggest warming the bread slightly to help it seal better, but since the bread I used was fresh, it was still really moist and I didn't do that. If the bread is slightly older and less moist, it would probably help.

Now, what to do with the leftover crust? I broke mine into little pieces and bagged it up and stuck it in the freezer. When I have enough, it will be turned into stove top stuffing:

HOMEMADE STOVE TOP STUFFING

9-10 bread end pieces (white or wheat)
3 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. sage
1/4 tsp. marjoram
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 c. chicken broth, boiling

Dice bread ends and measure about 4 1/2 cups. Melt butter in a 2 quart pot. Add celery, onion and garlic. Saute over low heat 5 minutes. Add parsley, herbs and pepper to sauteed vegetable mix and stir. Add boiling broth. Stir; bring mix to a boil and take the pot off the range. Now lightly fork in the bread cubes. Cover the pot and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4-6.

5.0 out of 5 stars MONEY SAVER - A must-have, especially on-the-go families & school lunches!, March 15, 2013
As I prepare for my first child to enter grade school, I was gathering ideas for my daughter's school lunches. One of the best tips I came across is to do your own frozen PB&J sandwiches and stop wasting money on those expensive Uncrustables. So far, this sandwich sealer & decruster is perfect for that! Sure, the occasional bit of crust remains on the seal, but my daughter just eats around it and my son doesn't mind eating the crust.

A few helpful hints to do those homemade frozen PB&J sandwiches:
(1) Think assembly line... Buy a loaf of bread just for making sandwiches (especially if you have a kid in school or if your family is on the go) and lay out bread slices in 2 columns/rows on your counter
(2) Spread a layer of peanut butter on each side of the bread (the key to avoiding the jelly from seeping into the bread)
(3) Spread jelly/jam on one slice of each sandwich in a square that is slightly smaller than the PB. That way the peanut butter can make a seal around the jelly/jam.
(4) Fold up all the sandwiches and use this sealer/decruster, stuff in resealable freezer bags (preferably sandwich size or quart size).
(5) Label & store for a few weeks in the freezer.
(6) Do not thaw in the refrigerator, it will make the bread seem stiff/stale.
(7) Use the sandwich as a freezer pack in the lunch bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like it, October 8, 2012
I didn't like the Wonder sandwich sealer. Not sure if it's because we get 100% whole wheat bread which is more dense than white bread or if I just plain didn't do it right (really? It seems simple). Either way, I paid three dollars for it at the grocery store and ended up giving it away to a friend. I paid three times that for a Pampered Chef cut and seal that has a warranty, made of metal not plastic, and does a heck of a lot better job sealing the sides and I'm super happy with it. We usually buy the Arnold brand Dutch Country wheat bread. I bought these to make our own "uncrustables" type sandwiches with Sunbutter instead of peanut butter due to our son's peanut allergy.

The wonder cutter is okay but it didn't cut easily and I couldn't get a good seal. I cannot recommend the Wonder bread sandwich cutter but I highly recommend the Pampered Chef cut and seal tool. I have no affiliations with PC except as a consumer I just think in this case their product is better and worth the cost (especially if you are already placing an order anyway and don't have to pay shipping just for that item).

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandwich ravioli maker!, July 27, 2011
My kids are finally eating all kinds of sandwiches when I use this "ravioli" maker for sandwiches. We nuked the bread for 5 seconds, made a pb&j, and got a fantastic sandwich pocket. I used to buy the Smuckers uncrustables, but I can use these now to make our own. Fantastic product! Great quality and function!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, June 27, 2011
This is so super simple to use and it makes a beautifully sealed "pocket sandwich" for my kids. It works GREAT and it's so cheap. If you see these in stores, get one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it does, March 28, 2013
Does exactly what it says it does - makes the popular "uncrustable" sandwiches at home. Works well but you do need to use softer bread for it to really seal. That said, we make about 10 at a time and keep them in the freezer for on-the-go meals and snacks. Saves a ton of money and I can use our homemade jelly.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my newest Favorite Things!, July 13, 2012
This little device is awesome! Ellen should seriously consider putting one in the things she gives away sometimes on her show! It is awesome! Keep reading to find out why!

My kids hate bread crusts. They always want the crust cut off. That can be time consuming and messy. They liked uncrustables. Those are pricey. This little device came to the rescue! It cuts off the crust and seals the sandwich - much less mess and happy kiddos!

There is a bit of a learning curve. Here is how I make the sandwiches.

- If you have a smaller loaf - take the bread and pat it out some - make it wide enough the device will fit inside, but not so thin that it will easily tear

- put the insides of the sandwich in the middle of the bread (mind that this is not meant to be a huge sandwich - do not go too crazy on how much you put in or this will not work)

-put the device together, but press the outside down first. while it is still down, press the inside down.

-hold the whole thing down and tear the crusts from the edges (if you do not like to waste the crusts you can save them to make croutons or for use in casseroles. My little ones like to feed birds with the crusts)

-pull up the outer part first...then press again on the blue part that is the inside (I just find this helps seal up little loose parts)

These also freeze well. I make about 2 loaves worth at a time and then keep a few in the fridge for quick snacks and freeze others. To freeze them:

-make as above

-wrap each one in plastic wrap separately

-put aluminum foil around each plastic wrapped sandwich

-put them all in a big freezer safe zip-lock bag. freeze. remove as necessary. (i put a frozen one in my kids lunch. it is thawed by lunchtime at school and still cool - just the way they like it!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A mom's favorite thing!, November 28, 2012
As a mom to three kids, I cringe every time they want the crusts cut off their sandwiches. Add to that I was buying way too much frozen, pre-made Uncrustable sandwiches for lunch boxes. After reading a blog about lunches for kids, I was introduced to this fabulous tool. Now I am able to control what goes into their sandwiches (PB, honey, jelly, butter, etc....) and create appealing sandwiches for my kids. Per another review, I have only used higher quality bread (Wonder Kids, etc.) rather than the $1 loaves at the store since they tend to be more moist and press together better. This is a definite must for families with young kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Easy To Use, September 3, 2011
I've only used it once so far, but it was an immediate hit with my daughter. I hope that we can make plenty more different kinds of sealed sandwiches for future picnics and tea parties with this product! :-D

5.0 out of 5 stars Took Some Practice, but Works, October 2, 2013
Chrystal (LAS VEGAS, NV, United States) - See all my reviews
The first time I used this sandwich sealer, I was completely disappointed! Now, however, it makes perfect little sealed sandwiches. My bread is smaller than the typical size that this cutter is made for, so I cheat. Basically, I put the peanut butter/ham & cheese/etc. only in the middle of the bread to make it the size of the sealer part. After everything is there, I squish the bread flatter and stick the cutter on before it has a chance to spring back.

The only times this doesn't work are when I get the sealer too close to the crust. The crust part is too dense to seal and will leave a little pita pocket type opening. I love this little thing, though, as it keeps my messy kids' clothes nice and neat. If you do anything other than spreads (e.g. Peanut butter), and opt for, say, a turkey and cheese sandwich, make sure that you cute the meat and cheese to an appropriate square-shaped size in order for the edges to seal. If it doesn't work the first couple of times, try again! Mine look absolutely perfect now that I've had ample practice.

Rate and Discover Movies