Book of Spells is the first title for Wonderbook, a unique single-player virtual reading/entertainment experience exclusive to PlayStation 3. The latest addition to the PlayStation augmented reality series, the Wonderbook system combines game software, and the Wonderbook peripheral (sold together as a bundle in the Book of Spells release), along with PlayStation Eye camera and PlayStation Move motion controller (both sold separately), to bring words to life for readers as never imagined. The story and interactive activities built into Book of Spells are steeped in the Harry Potter universe, and are designed to capture the imaginations of new and longtime fans alike.
A PlayStation 3 exclusive augmented reality experience based in the Harry Potter universe.* View larger
The Practice Every Young Witch or Wizard Needs
Written by Miranda Goshawk over two hundred years ago, Book of Spells can be found in the restricted section of the Hogwarts library - and now it has come to you. It is an advanced textbook for students, which will assist them on their journey to becoming an accomplished witch or wizard. Book of Spells provides students with a safe environment in which to read, discover, learn and practice spells they already know and love, such as Incendio, Wingardium Leviosa and Expelliarmus, as well as discover mischievous notes and spells scribbled into the margins by previous Hogwarts students, and humorous anecdotal facts relating to the spells. J.K. Rowling has written a conundrum that leads you through the experience, providing insight into the values a witch or wizard has to learn, and inviting you to journey through the book to unlock new content, rewarding successful students along the way.
Virtual page turning is seamlessly provided in Wonderbook: Book of Spells by the visual gesture recognition abilities of the PlayStation Eye camera -- which points towards the player -- and the Wonderbook peripheral, which is interacted with by the player. The PlayStation Move motion controller serves as the players' wand, and the voice recognition capabilities of the PlayStation Eye allow for player vocalization of spells. (Play requires a wonderbook peripheral, Book of Spells software, a PlayStation Eye camera, and a PlayStation Move motion controller.)
Key Game Features
- One of the most advanced uses of augmented reality anywhere, that brings stories to life in your living room, and allows you to explore and interact with stories like never before
- The most accessible interface - just turn the pages
- Partner with PlayStation Eye camera and other peripherals, such as the PlayStation Move motion controller, to create unique and immersive experiences
- A safe and engaging environment built around the player, where they can discover, learn and interact in exciting new ways
* Images simulated. Actual game images appear on your television. Book of Spells is sold separately from the PS3 system, PlayStation Eye camera and PlayStation Move motion controller.