Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wonderful Pistachios, Roasted and Salted, 32-oz Bag
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 32-Ounce Bag|Change

on April 17, 2013
I got 3 bags and we found 2 worms! I posted the pictures of the worms! Also, the pistachios don't seem fresh! The photos look a lot better than what you actually get. Lastly, when I purchased them, they were supposed to be shelled, but they were not. Very DISAPPOINTED.
review image review image
77 comments|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2014
I have purchased this brand in stores for years with no problems. Now, confined to my home I buy many things through subscribe and save with great success. These pistachios that I opened just a little while ago are the most disgusting things I've ever attempted to eat. They bear no resemblance to what I purchased in the store previously and I am not taking another chance. I have canceled my subscription. Obviously I didn't read the reviews as I usually do. At least a third of the bag had burned or completely rotten product. There were dead spiders, enough worms for an entire garden, and even a dead roach held together by a spiders web. Why didn't I return them? Because when I received them last month February 2014, I checked the expiration date which was June 2014! Expecting them to be fresh, I just cut open the top of the bag and emptied it straight into a half-gallon mason jar. Which I've been used my Food Saver machine to vacuum out the air to seal in the "freshness" that I expected to have existed in the first place! The Food Saver is a great way to keep food fresh but it has to be fresh to begin with. After I sealed up the jar I threw away the bag. Now, barely 6 weeks later when I opened the jar I find a hot mess. I'm not afraid of worms nor dead spiders. But I do not expect to find most of my product is an edible when you add in the roach ,the spider, the webs, the ones that had simply rotted away, and the ones that had been even this rated by fire. I thought I could just separate out the wormy ones and perhaps eat the good ones in a few months when my appetite returned. And I'm never going to have an appetite for what's in that jar and now the whole mess is in the trashcan. Now I know we've all eaten things in packaging that are better left unknown. But that's just what they are, I know. Having to actually look at them is what can take your appetite and this girl's appetite doesn't think "Wonderful"is anything more than trash.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2012
I purchased two bags of these Wonderful Pistachios, and both of the bags I received were good. So, I ordered them again. The second time I ordered them, in each of the two bags I received, were so many either burned or rotted pistochios...about half of each bag had to be thrown away. The last straw was when I cracked one that looked only mildly burned and discovered to my horror a WORM! In addition to the worm was a lot of weird-looking, brown matter. DISGUSTING!!!! Needless to say, I found them far less than "wonderful" and will NOT be buyng them again.
1414 comments|162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2012
I read some of the other reviews about worms but thought it might have been a bad batch so I ordered anyways. I WAS WRONG! There were still worms in them. I have bought this product several times and this is the first time I have had this problem.
11 comment|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
...crawled out of the bag and onto my hand as I was eating the pistacios! That'll make you scream like a little girl!! cancel my subscription, never again!
66 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2015
l found rotted pistachios, with worms and either eggs or bug feces, revolting to say the least.
Company wrote back basically saying "happens, they won't kill you." Needless to say won't be purchasing these ever again.
review image
on August 3, 2012
These pistachios are horrible. They are barely salted, very shriveled up, and poor taste. I will not be buying this brand again.
on February 4, 2015
sadly we found several nuts that contained worms. They were not alive, apparently they were consuming the nut before processing... I took an image of one of the nuts. We went thur a lot of theez 2lb bags this winter BEFORE we began looking fore worms, and as soon as we began looking we began finding. Have switched to another brand. Damn.
review image
on August 15, 2012
Bought these before in smaller package size and they were good, but in this larger bage the nuts were old and stale. If I purchase again, will only get smaller bags, that way, if they are bad I can open another bag.
on February 14, 2013
The description says "shelled" and when I ordered it was an image of shelled pistachios. When I received my order, however, the pistachios were still in their shell. I went to check back on the website for the product and the image has been changed to pistachios still in their shell but the description still says "shelled".