4.0 out of 5 stars Great progam; disappointed in Amazon
4 stars for software
0 stars for Amazon

I don't usually (as in never) write reviews of a product based on my experience with the seller, but since Amazon is the seller, I feel justified in warning people away from buying this software here. Buy it elsewhere if you like, but don't buy it here.

The problem is that the registration key Amazon sent...
Published 17 months ago by HBPattskyn

1.0 out of 5 stars Unscrupulous vendor (Wondershare, China).
Published 11 months ago by Msmargaret

4.0 out of 5 stars Great progam; disappointed in Amazon, August 11, 2013
4 stars for software
0 stars for Amazon

The problem is that the registration key Amazon sent me doesn't work and/or my email isn't recognized by Wondershare. Amazon told me there was nothing they could do, I have to call Wondershare and get them to fix it. Wondershare isn't in on the weekend, so I asked Amazon if they could simply give me a refund.

Sorry. No dice. They can't refund purchases from Wondershare.

So Wondershare has my money. Amazon has my money. I have a registration key that doesn't work. I tried jumping through all the hoops on Wondershare's website to see if I could "retrieve registration key", but they don't even have a record of the purchase. (Color me surprised. My credit card was charged.)

And what do I have? A headache.

So. The software? What I got to play around with on the trial version was pretty cool. It's fairly user friendly, lots of cool options, learning curve/time to get the hang of things was an hour or so for basic features, hence my decision to buy.

I just wish I would have bought it directly from the company (and theoretically gotten a reg. key that was accurate) instead of wasting my time and money buying through Amazon. Now I have to wait until Monday to get finish my Big Project.

**EDIT**

Finally found out what was wrong; the customer service person was in such a hurry to tell me that "sorry, we can't help you, call Wondershare," that they didn't ask a few key questions, such as: "what email are you using as your registration email?" (since that email *isn't* my email, something that wasn't actually very clear in the email Amazon sent me confirming the purchase) and an more important one: "What's the registration key? Let's make sure you've got the right numbers/letters." because guess what...? I didn't. The last two numbers were missing. (In the email from Amazon to me).

Now to the software it self:

Total winner!

The only thing that's annoying is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do transitions between photos (still shots), but if you treat them as video (put them into the video track) you can transition them. That said, the video track seems a little less flexible than the photo tracks and I had to come up with a couple of simple work-arounds to do what I wanted to, but if I'm clever enough sort it, anyone can! It just would be nice if there was some kind of tutorial on the website that covered the issue of transitions between photos (the website claims that you can do it the way you can do video, but the program itself refuses to co-operate; it simply will NOT drop a transition into any track but video.)

It was totally worth the forty bucks. It just wasn't worth the headache, but that isn't Wondershare's fault.

Of course there are lots of things I'm still going to buy from Amazon; I *love* my Kindle and usually I get really great customer service. But, I will think twice before buying electronic downloads of software again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unscrupulous vendor (Wondershare, China)., February 25, 2014
This review is from: Wondershare Video Editor [Download] (Software Download)
I am a long time Amazon customer and for others like me, here is a warning: I ordered Wondershare Video Editor directly through the Wondershare web site. They failed for some reason to record the purchase though they removed $39.99 from my bank account. I provided the bank statement for the withdrawal. When they couldn't provide a License keycode, I asked five separate times in their chat window (there is no way to reach a person.This is a Chinese company), and they would not do it. Nor would they refer me to a manager. I had ordered their Video converter in 2011 and all they could do was resend the keycode for that software and argue with me that I hadn't ordered their editor. Fair warning. In my mind, they have stolen $39.99 from me and not provided the software product. In fact, it is a rather crude product. There are far better ones. Sorry. Buying through Amazon would be a better 'bet'.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Wondershare Video Editor [Download] (Software Download)
I read online that this was a great one for simple home-movie making. I was using the software that came with my Canon HD video camera - which was not very useful and had hardly any options for adding text, etc. - so I thought if I bought something, it would at least let me do the simple things I want to do.
Because of the online review (elsewhere -not at amazon) I thought this sounded like the right fit for my needs. I thought wrong. It is very much like the software I already have, with slightly more options, but still a pain in the neck to deal with. All I really want to do is compile my home movies and add a date on each video (like "August 31, 2011" at the bottom of the screen). The text options only give you animated options, and won't let you choose where you want to put the text (other than the predetermined options). How hard is it to let me add a text wherever I want? Even the few goofy animated texts I did add didn't always show up.
I'm really disappointed in this product, and super sad that I spent my birthday money on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Somehow useful..., May 16, 2014
This review is from: Wondershare Video Editor [Download] (Software Download)
I have being tweaking it around for the past two weeks attempting to edit a baptism video... at no avail... totally useless. It could only be used for extremely basic effects... it has some major programming flaws... just placing transitions from one seg to another is a pain in the butt; as soon as you drop the transition it mixes the audio in a very poor manner overlapping sections, and if you detach the audio track from the video, then now it changes the length of the video track so it mistmaches the audio track... trying to fix the new issue generated then becomes practically impossible without producing extremely annoying audio jumps... so, transitions are no good at all... and editing a simple project is overextended to a ridiculous level and only to achieve a very poor result...
Bottomline, it is not worth $39...or $29... or $19... maybe $9... but I am not sure...

This is an updated to my previous review I think may be fair to do:

After tweaking the software around for some time, I have found various methodologies (series of steps in the editing process) to achieve a somewhat acceptable end result. I have been able to avoid any mismatch between audio and video tracks, and the anoying mixture of audio tracks during transitions... transitions and effects are tricky because the interface is not 100% WYSIWYG (maybe 80%)and playback is also very wanting: audio track runs faster than the video track making difficult to edit with accuracy and requiring constant stopping of playback in order to get the video to catch up to audio... also, the effects run on a different track and make loops that diverge substantially from the final rendering, so when editing effects you are forced to go frame by frame wasting a lot of time... also, large rendered videos (over 3Gb) don't work disregarding how many times you save them... so, if you have a large ceremony to edit you are forced to used another software (like windows movie maker)to put the parts together... complicating things unnecessarily and affecting quality.
Nevertheless, I have found some good aspects of this video software: it renders good quality small videos or sections, effects and transitions are stable during rendering (some transitions in WMM don't render well), also it allows you to detach the audio track from the video track for separate basic editing and it offers a few more or less nice effects... so I raised it to two stars...

2.0 out of 5 stars 3 steps, 4 steps back, April 15, 2014
I'm writting to save others who may be intersted in this, some Time & Money
GET THE FREE Trial 1st to try & you'll see the reasons for my rating

partial from email just sent to Wondershare

While working on a simple NON HD 45sec video compiled of stills music & various video formats, I have tried over the last 3 days to like this BUT in comparison to the iMovie-Pre & Post "The Change". Magix & Serif programs I've already used, it falls short on So Many levels - especially disappointing after seeing some of the possibilities in Editing Logistics & Effects - although some of the "Pre-Made" are a bit sophomoric-too bad, in reality it is hard to consistently get everything to easily work in unison for the users desired result-unless you just want a Bells & Whistle post for YouTube or private showing being the equivilent of the dreaded "Family Vacation Slide Show" from the analog era

Qk need improvements:
ALL Audio & /or Effects need to be able to UnLock & Lock to any clip on any level
Add a StoryBoard in addition to the timeline SINCE->
The "Zoom feature in the Timtline is NOT WYSIWYG - it does NOT stay proportional to exported version & does not keep sync as more additions are made
There is NO REVERSE or it's not ez to find
re: The adjustment parameters of some tasks-the window should be MUCH bigger & inputing actual # values a better option
Conversion time is painfully slow
and a bunch more

Many of the You Tube How To's are "severly Lacking" in real world examples & fixes re: the above

The BIGGEST issue is after seeing all the possibilities this could do, ones expectations are High BUT then trying to make it happen is not as EZ or Intuitive as hoped - SO NOT worth more than $19.95. An older version of the previously mentioned programs around the same price point would be a better choice

The mac version is even worse

Tried to send this thru the program itself & got an Error Message

Comparison based on: 30 yrs A/V experience-iMovie 4 & HD w/ other 3rd party plugins on emac ppc G4 OS10.5.8 1.42 & 2 newer Intel iMacs & iBooks OS 10. 7 - minimal exposure to iLife 9-11 & FCE
older HP Pavillion Laptop Dual core-max ram-7200rpm HD-Magic 12 & Serif 3

Again-try the FREE trial 1st - your hopes will be raised & then smashed against the rocks

1.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Wondershare Video Editor [Download] (Software Download)
elementary basic it should be offered for free. before your make a purchase try the free version of this video editor you'll now what I mean

1.0 out of 5 stars Audio Out Of Sync With Video, April 14, 2014
This review is from: Wondershare Video Editor [Download] (Software Download)
This converter is completely unusable. The audio is out of sync with the video by 2-3 seconds on all outputs. Tech support is terrible. This Wondershare review board will only let me rate 5 stars not the 1 star I wanted to put down. Watch out very dishonest.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty easy to use, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Wondershare Video Editor [Download] (Software Download)
I was looking for a amateur style easy to use editor for my videos from work, this more than met my expectations, cutting/editing clips and adding music is very simple you can even cut the tracks with ease for certain moments in your video and was just what I was looking for. AFTER ALL I"M JUST A DUMB TREE CLIMBER...... and I found it very easy to use :) hope this helped you

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly does what ineed., February 13, 2014
This review is from: Wondershare Video Editor [Download] (Software Download)
This is an easy editing software. Easy to learn. It may not be the most advanced but its good for any casual editor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every editor should have Video Editor by Wondershare. It ..., September 19, 2014
This review is from: Wondershare Video Editor [Download] (Software Download)
Every editor should have Video Editor by Wondershare. It is offers an interesting set of effects you don't get with other software.

Wondershare Video Editor [Download]