5.0 out of 5 stars Little Known Fact: Best of Breed for OCR!
Published 11 months ago by Let's Compare Options Preptorial

1.0 out of 5 stars Good price but with software bugs
7-28-14 Update.

Avoid this software. There are so many bugs in it, its not worth the money. Google docs can do OCR and now I mostly use it.

Cons :
1. There is a constant pop-up to purchase the OCR when opening files. Have not found a way to disable it. There is not checkbox to not show again. Very annoying!!
2. Not all the Adobe quick...
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Known Fact: Best of Breed for OCR!, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Wondershare PDF Editor [Download] (Software Download)
We scan numerous books and texts for CD applications at textextras dot com and use every OCR program known, from Readiris to Ominpage and beyond. The little known secret is: Wondershare has long been known as the premier PDF extractor and manager (blows away even Adobe functionality, for a fraction of the cost), but what a lot of folks don't realize is that, for an extra $10 US, you can get their "virtual OCR" plug in for Wondershare (WS) PDF.

This plug in, with WS, is the most stable, easiest to use, most intuitive OCR out there. It will scan numbers seamlessly into Excel, and PDF text seamlessly into Word, or create completely editable text, retaining all PDF formats and features, from any scanned document, including locked PDFs.

If you're an attorney, writer, editor, blogger, reporter, publisher or ANY occupation dealing with a lot of documents or symbols, this program is a must. All the other OCR and document management programs, even XML, require extremely delicate handling at the OCR stage or your document is blown. Not so with Wondershare! I'm not saying you can be Cro Magnan, but the functionality is no more difficult than Excel or Word themselves. Unfortunately for you mac fans, the OCR plug in is only available on Windows at this writing at the end of 2013.

Highly Recommended both for PDF management and the unique OCR plug in applications and opportunities it affords compared to finicky stand alone OCR systems. Just use any scanner, scan to PDF instead of your OCR program, then import into Wondershare. You'll get a pop up prompt saying "we've detected a scanned PDF, do you want to edit it with your virtual OCR" etc. Nifty!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good price but with software bugs, January 24, 2014
Amazon Customer (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
7-28-14 Update.

Cons :
2. Not all the Adobe quick keys work eg rotate.
3. Sometimes when I open files, they show on the task bar below but I cannot activate nor see the file on the screen. So I close out. This happens sometimes when I double click on a file to open. If I open the software first and then the file, it seems to be fine.
4. A few pdf files I opened had gibberish for text. I re-opened with Adobe Reader and the text was fine.
5. Got an email from the Wondershare company via Amazon to provide feedback but the html link doesn't allow for feedback.
6. Annotating pdfs and editing the annotations is buggy.
7. Wont allow duplex printing, even though the printer system properties have duplex checked.

Pros:
1. Price vs Adobe
2. Easy download from Amazon
3. Menu layout and color scheme.

4-3-14 Update
Got an software update, and now you can disable the pop up on a file by file basis.

Also found more files with text that open as jibberish.

Purchased the OCR add-on for 10 bucks and again, when it works, its mostly good; has an issue with funky fonts, fractions, etc. But most of the time, the software crashes running OCR.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty poor stuff, June 24, 2014
Pro -- Cheaper than Adobe

Cons --
1. Very hard to use - lining up text when modifying a document is an exercise in frustration.
2. Graphics print poorly I have yet to get a good graphic out of it.
3. Won't print duplex - tried from thee PC's on three different printers - Brother, Canon, & HP -- No Joy

3.0 out of 5 stars OK software...Good customer service, June 24, 2014
KS (Portland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wondershare PDF Editor [Download] (Software Download)
The Wonershare web site has a free trial version you can download and try out. I downloaded and installed the software easily on a Win 7 PC. It has a straight forward menu and easily converts PDF to Word or Excel

The OCR plugin is $19.95 now.

My current need is to split pages of PDF docs into separate files. Turns out it can easily split a doc by page, but cannot split individual pages. Live chat was available with very short wait--and confirmed the limitation on splits. Also said they may add that feature to future upgrades. Overall impression is very good.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate it, April 19, 2014
junk, stay away

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Very Well, March 27, 2014
Ronald W. Satz (Trevose, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wondershare PDF Editor [Download] (Software Download)
Originally I just wanted the OCR component to convert a non-searchable PDF to a searchable PDF. So I purchased the OCR component for $19.95 and selected the option to "select" text, not the option to "edit." I received the registration code and proceeded to run the OCR function on the file--but it put a watermark on the resultant searchable file. I complained to tech support, and they told me that I had to purchase the whole PDF editor--which I did not want to do because I already have several PDF editors. Anyway, after several e-mails, they relented and sent me the registration code for the editor, and so I was able to convert the non-searchable PDF to a searchable PDF without the watermark. This is good customer support, and I do recommend this product highly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product and company is garbage!, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Wondershare PDF Editor [Download] (Software Download)
Biggest waste of money. Product is garbage! I bought this to create DVDs for my sons all star team for end of year party. Spent few hours building DVD only to burn it and then load it on DVD player ...the buttons don't work and you can even play the thing. I had started this Thursday and I had to get DVD done by the party on Sunday and I tried to contact their customer support but had to wait 48 hours to get an email response which I got a response 3 days later today Monday... and that was utterly useless support reply. I am a network engineer and very tech savvy. I found a different program by Coral DVD Movie Factory Pro 7 which was fantastic and worked fine with no problems. I asked for a refund and was told I could not get one but I could get a similar crap product for same value instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 14, 2014
This in grate

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of software, April 19, 2014
This review is from: Wondershare PDF Editor [Download] (Software Download)
Recently purchased software. So far it has exceeded my expectations. Will comment more as I explore all the different aspects of this wonderful business tool.

Wondershare PDF Editor [Download]