5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!
Published 21 months ago by kelpiegirl

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT Sensory Blocks
The product description and picture today, 9 October 2012, is the same as it was when I purchased this toy from Amazon. Do not rely on the product description, it is not correct. Because of this I'm starting my review with an accurate description of what you actually get.

Published 21 months ago by Bishop Cat

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT Sensory Blocks, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks (Toy)

This set includes nine diamond shaped blocks and one plank block. There are three primary colored blocks with a circle cut out of the center and piece of clear colored plastic placed over one side. If you look through these blocks they will tint everything, and if you place two together and look through them you will see the correct secondary color tint. There are four natural colored blocks which have an indented circle on one side, three have a touch element and one has a mirror. The plank has four indented circles with matching touch elements / mirror. There are two sound blocks, one orange, one green.

I bought these for my son when he was 14 months, the touch elements, which all feel pretty much the same and would only be interesting to a baby who's never felt any sort of fabric, are already way to young for him, however, the addition of the plank will allow for matching when he's older. The green sound block works okay and my son likes it, but would enjoy it more if there was more sound. The orange sound block works technically speaking, but in terms of being played with by a baby it does not work at all. The three primary colored blocks work as they should, but could be easily improved on. Right now the hollowed middle is fascinating to my son and the ability to see things in the different colors will be fascinating as he gets older. As "sensory" blocks these are a failure. If you're looking for a good set of sensory blocks keep looking. As a good starter set of blocks with a few sensory elements these are wonderful. Because these are diamond shaped blocks there is more potential when it comes to building and much more learning and exploration than you can ever find with the traditionally shaped blocks, but without being frustrating. The wood is smooth and durable and my son loves to build with these.

Pro's:
Well built, sturdy wood blocks that are smooth to the touch and very durable.
The diamond shape of these blocks provides just the right amount of challenge for a first set of blocks.
Attractive blocks with some decently functioning visual elements.
Decent elements for teaching matching, colors, and color combining.

Con's:
The touch and sound elements of these blocks fail miserably.

As sensory blocks 1 star is generous.
As a first set of building blocks these deserve 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks (Toy)
We LOVE these blocks! They were purchased for my 12 month old and I can see getting years of use out of these. They are very well made, come in a little bag, and have lots to explore! I love the color blocks, it is so simple to teach primary and secondary colors with these. There are lots of things to touch and match, as well as shakers to play with. A wonderful purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the blocks we had when we were kids, November 17, 2012
Liz (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks (Toy)
I was confused at first about why these blocks were diamond shape. It just didn't seem quite right. But once I realized how much easier these are for my baby to grab, and how many different ways you can stack them, it made a lot more sense. I introduced these a few at a time, and she really enjoyed checking out each new one. Now she's getting into feeling the different textures. The only thing that's a bit strange is that the plain wood ones are much heavier than the colored ones - a bit too heavy actually; she's clonked herself on those a couple of times. I recommend also getting Discovery Blocks. They go together well, and those ones have a few more bells (literally) and whistles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 30, 2014
AN EXCELLENT EDUCATIONAL TOY PARTICULARLY FOR BABIES WITH DISABILITIES

2.0 out of 5 stars NOTHING like you think..., May 13, 2014
This review is from: Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks (Toy)
Unless you're expecting super tiny blocks that do not fit into each other, don't match anything specifically, and that got tossed into the corner in five minutes. Returning them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably wouldn't buy again, November 8, 2013
This review is from: Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks (Toy)
These are ok, but I would buy regular blocks over these if I had to do it again. They are nice quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks (Toy)
I decided to get these for my 2 year old nephew for Christmas. When I received the box it was small and I was worried that maybe I wasted my money. When I opened the box the blocks are somewhat small but they are exactly like the picture. Different textures and colors. My nephew enjoys playing with them and stacking them up. My sister-in-law was very satisfied with them! So all in all an educational toy that your little will enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks Review, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks (Toy)
This is a sensory toy that focuses on three of the senses of sight, touch and sound for kids 18 months+. The set comes with nine blocks (four for touch, three for sight and two for sound) shaped as diamonds that can also be used for stacking as well as a flat block with indented circles to match the four touch elements. The sight blocks come in the primary colors of red, yellow and blue that you can look through to see the world in different colors and mix colors together. The sound blocks include shakers for sound. It's a clever set that offers young children a great way to explore the senses.

Added Bonus: If you are a family that cares about the environment, Wonderworld is a great company that cares about reduce, reuse and recycle and has the logo that `every day is Earth Day'. Every year they support a Tree Plus Project where they plant a large number of trees. Their products are made from rubber wood from replenish-able products and their packaging is 70% recycled paper as well as non-toxic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder world blocks are big hit!, September 2, 2012
This review is from: Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks (Toy)
When we opened these our initial response was less than enthusiastic. Upon further examination we realized how great these blocks are. Our grandson was thoroughly engaged.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks (Toy)
I bought this for my 19 month old Grandson. There were no instructions, it was not worth the money. I'm wondering if all parts were included in the shipment, but I don't know that because there were no instructions.

Wonderworld Wonder Sensory Blocks