I bought these just to make sure that I was ovulating since my cycles are not predictable. I got pregnant in the first month of using them! Unfortunately I did miscarry but am now buying another months worth to try again.

Published on July 14, 2011 by Semper Fidelis

1.0 out of 5 stars Not too happy
I used this product for a while and the ovulation indicators didn't show that I was ovulating even when my body was showing the signs I was.
As for the pregnancy tests it didn't show as positive result until I was 9 weeks pregnant. Thank goodness I went to store to buy other kits a head of that 9 week time to show that I was indeed pregnant.
Published 13 months ago by Angie Lopez

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS! But you'll want to do your research since no info comes with., July 14, 2011
This review is from: Wondfo Combo 40 Ovulation and 10 Pregnancy Urine Test Strips (Health and Beauty)

The tests do not come with any information since they are simply medical supplies and they assume you know already. I did not know what I was doing for the first few days and after doing a lot of reading up on these tests I HIGHLY recommend going to [...] (peeonastick dot com)or google "How to use LH test strips" or something similar to learn all about testing your ovulation using these LH test strips. You do need to test twice a day and at certain hours of the day to be most effective. I personally set an alarm on my blackberry to test at 10 am and 10pm. You should test at the same two times every day for best results.

I almost always had two lines show but if the result line is not as dark as the test line it is negative. If just one part of the result line is as dark that IS a positive. The test line simply is showing you how dark it would be for a positive. You also should know that once you do get a positive result this does not mean you are ovulating. It is detecting your LH Surge which happens when an egg is mature and ready to ovulate in the next 48 hrs or so. I tested positive for about 34 hours.

PLEASE READ UP ON THIS SO YOU DONT WASTE YOUR STRIPS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price Great product, October 30, 2009
These are so easy to use and work really well. And to top it off they are so inexpensive! It makes it possible to test as often as you would like without it costing a serious amount of money. Every month that I used the LH surge strips I did get at least one day of a positive result and when we did finally get pregnant these were the first tests that I used and it was a clear result. The line showed up right away.

After having a miscarriage the doctor had me get several blood tests to track my hcg levels and make sure they were getting back to zero. I was curious to see if I would still get a positive on a pregnancy test so I used one of these tests the same day I had my blood drawn. The test showed up a faint line and I found out from the doctor the next day that my hcg level was 8 mIU/ml. (Which if I was actually pregnant would have been consistent with about three weeks pregnant.) So these strips are very sensitive and I'm very impressed with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product...buy some cups first!!, May 17, 2011
My husband and I were trying for our first baby and needed these for our first cycle on Clomid. Before I ordered these, I went to Wal-Mart and bought a Clear Blue ovulation kit, which included 7 ovulation tests and 1 digital pregnancy test, which set us back about $18. I saw these test strips here the next morning and immediately ordered them, especially once I found out that an actual LH surge can last anywhere from 10 to 30 hours, so, if you only test once a day, you could completely miss it. I ended up using the Clear Blue tests first, then switched to the little strips, which actually seemed much more sensitive. Only after I ordered these did I see another item that included little cups, but they lacked the pregnancy tests, which came in handy later :) We just ended up buying a box of 3 oz. little kid cups for like $2 at the grocery store and that worked just fine.

Basically, I started testing on CD 10 every morning upon waking (around 7-8 AM) and again in the afternoon at about 4 or 5 PM. I researched the best techniques for testing, so I had to remind myself not to drink anything for 1-2 hours before testing, otherwise the results could be affected. Days 10-13 yielded test results that were clearly negative, but the line was getting a little darker by the day. Then, on day 14, the line darkened even more for both the morning and afternoon tests, but then I had a clear positive on the night of CD 15. I had been charting my temps, so, when it spiked on day 17, I knew that I had ovulated on day 16!

I didn't want to torture myself with taking a test too early and have it come up negative, but I used one of the early pregnancy test strips on CD 27, and it was positive! It was a pretty faint line, but the doctor (and more test strips, because I'm a dork) confirmed that I am indeed pregnant!

I would highly recommend these test strips to anyone trying to have a baby, or anyone who just doesn't want to spend a fortune at the drug store every cycle! Just remember to buy some little cups first, otherwise you'll be scouring your house (like I was) for something to pee in :) Good luck!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not too happy, January 27, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars THESE LOT NUMBERS ARE BAD!!!, July 2, 2013
While the LH strips worked great for me (make sure you use them twice a day 7am and 6pm)... The HCG-Pregnancy Tests gave FALSE POSITIVE-ALL THE TIME. After a little research, here are the lot numbers that do that:

-w00120361-3 exp3/14
-w0110972-3 exp 9/13
-w01108109-3 exp 8/13
-w0111233-3 exp 12/13
-w0110514-3
-w00121086-3 exp 10/14
-w0012137-3 exp 10/14

It's just very sad that a manufacturer cannot stop selling a "bad batch" (some of the bad batches have been mentioned online since 12/12).

I hope this information helps someone:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product at a great price!, April 20, 2014
This is my first Amazon review. I usually forget/don't bother to write them but I felt like I had to for this product. I'm another one of the people that got pregnant the first month of using these LH tests. Here's my take on both the LH and the HCG tests:

LH (ovulation test):
- test twice a day (I did late morning and evening) as you might miss your surge testing only every 24 hours
- don't drink too much liquid and don't go to the bathroom for at least 2 hours before testing (doing so will dilute your urine and could give you a false negative)
- if you're not sure you had positive results (can't tell if the test line is as dark as control line), continue testing as if you got a negative result. This happened to me when I tested morning and evening one day. Then I tested the next morning and the test line was definitely darker than the control line. (If the next time you test you get a negative result, then you'll know for sure that you had a positive result the previous time you tested -- hope this makes sense)

HCG test:
- remember that for the HCG test any line (doesn't matter how faint) is considered a positive result, unlike the LH tests where both lines have to at least be the same color
- I know that you're probably really anxious during the two week wait. But if you can help it, wait to test until the day of your missed period or the day after your missed period. I was sure I was feeling some pregnancy symptoms and tested 5 and 6 days before AF was due, and got two false negatives (not the test's fault). I knew I still could be pregnant but the negative results just created more anxiety (it was seriously driving me crazy). I then decided to wait until the day after my missed period to test again, and surely enough I got my BFP (I also tested with a digital store bought test just to be "double sure"!!

Good luck to everyone ttc! =)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, July 2, 2014
I was so disappointed with the pregnancy tests. I took one when I was almost a week late and got a false positive test with a bluish line when it should have been pink for a positive. I retook the test and it was negative. Not very encouraging when you've been trying to get pregnant for 9 years. Not cool at all. I won't use these again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great - no problem, February 2, 2011
I used the ovulation test kits for several months and it accurately measured my LH surge. I have polycystic ovaries so I am told that just because I have an LH surge every month, that does not mean I ovulate. It is important to read the instructions that come with these strips and follow them carefully. You must dip the strip in urine - do not hold it in your urine stream. Since you normally have LH in your system even when you are not ovulating, a light line next to a solid, dark control line is still a negative result. A positive result is when the control strip and the test strip are the same color.
In addition to having polycystic ovaries, my cycle is VERY irregular. One month may be 26 days and the next month may be 35 days. I was testing twice a day about 12 hours apart. I do know that one weekend, I tested negative on Sunday morning. I then tested as having my LH surge on Sunday night. Out of curiosity, I re-tested on Monday morning and my LH surge had already passed. If I was only testing in the morning, these tests would not have found my LH surge.

I was due for my period last Thursday (according to the app on my phone). On Friday I had a very faint purplish line in the test area next to the control line. It was a lot darker when I saw it in the trash a few hours later. My husband did not think it was anything. I retested on Sunday and it was a little darker. My husband still did not believe I am pregnant. I tested again today (much darker) and the positive result I got today finally convinced him I am pregnant.

I give this product 4 stars instead of 5 because you HAVE to wait the full five minutes to develop the tests (get out your stop watches) and you Have to pee in a cup and dip the strip. It is a little messy. But, the amount of money I saved by purchasing these strips instead of the expensive kits was worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm!, August 24, 2012
Ms. Rea (Detroit, MI) - See all my reviews
These are one heck of a deal!! You get opks and preg tests. I used these in conjunction with Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test, 20 Count (Packaging May Vary) (the CBE was just to confirm the cheapies were accurate once I got a positive test). I'd start testing at about CD10 to positive ovulation. Now that I think back on it, I should have tested until my next cycle. But, thanks to God, I have finally conceived (I'm officially 5 weeks!) Before using these, my hubby and I had tried to conceive for five months. After getting these, it took another three months to get pregnant. So my advice is to be patient and test EVERY month. I started taking Nature's Way Femaprin (Vitex), 60 Capsules the last two months to conception and these vitamins pushed out my ovulation and cycles a few days (which I definitely believe helped the most). Prior to the femaprin,charting and the opks showed me ovulating every cycle around CD14. So, I'm really glad I kept testing every month. When I 1st tested positive for pregnancy, I used two preg test strips from this batch. Then, I confirmed with a clear blue easy preg test and got a (+) blood test from the doc later that same day. Anyway, I definitely recommend these as well as the CBE digital opks and femaprin (but only if you have issues with your cycle or just got off a long stint of bc pills like me). Baby dust to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, they work & straight to the point, November 7, 2012
If you and your significant other are TTC like we are, then look no further. These tests work great and are MUCH cheaper than ones like Clear Blue Easy's digital tests (although, those are easier to read the results).

We initially thought we had a bad batch of tests or that they were faulty. Per the instructions, as well as most of the photo's uploaded by users, we thought if we had a line show up on the left, that was near or as dark as the test line on the right, that we had a positive test. Day 1- instantly, we had 2 lines show up, almost the same color/darkness. We assumed the LH was detected. We went to confirm by using Clear Blue Easy's digital test.... NEGATIVE.

Confused, we tried again the next day. Pretty much the same result. Until around day 10, all of the results were the same. Both lines being almost identical with the test line on the right being SLIGHTLY darker. On the 10th day, my wife took the test and the line on the left was MUCH darker than the test line on the right.... she was certain that she finally tested positive for the LH hormone. To be sure, we double checked using Clear Blue Easy's test, and sure enough, the smiley face showed. POSITIVE.

These tests work. Depending on the person, I'm assuming SOME will have higher LH than others, resulting in some having NO second line and some having 2 lines all the time, but the one on the left being lighter, therefore a negative.

So, to sum it up, if you test and the line on the LEFT is much darker than the test line on the RIGHT, then you are probably positive. I suggest getting a 2nd test from a different manufacturer to confirm or deny this.

Good luck.