5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting experiment about light lines and a FMU rant
1st of all, these are great. I've used tons of them. I've never, ever had a false positive or even an "evap." These registered positive (albeit faintly) at 10 dpo, a day before 1st Response Digital Gold was positive. They are as good, if not better, than the $20/2 pack HPTs I'd sell you if you walked into my pharmacy.

For women who keep testing after getting a...
Published on December 14, 2011 by Pharmacist Mom

1.0 out of 5 stars didnt work
Took these for days, negative negative negative. Finally went out and bought an early response test and was positive immediately. Would not repurchase.
Published 23 months ago by Sprindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting experiment about light lines and a FMU rant, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 50-count (Health and Beauty)

For women who keep testing after getting a positive: these tests do take quite a while (many days) to get dark (as dark or darker than the control line). This was worrying me, so I decided to do an experiment (despite what you've read, the lines SHOULD get darker over time). I peed in a cup and took a test. Then I diluted it 1:1 with water, and took a test. Then I diluted that 1:1 with water AGAIN and took a test. All three were EXACTLY the same. All positive, but not any darker or lighter. This means that, at least within this range (about 20 dpo), a four-fold difference in HCG will not result in a lighter or darker test. This was very reassuring. These do get darker, but much, much more slowly than other tests. Do not worry too much about them not getting very dark quickly.

Now, please let me dispell the FMU (first morning urine) myth, which drives me crazy. It's just not true. Here's why: we've been told to use FMU (or, at least to hold our urine for a long time) for better results. Not true. HCG blood levels in early pregnancy increase with time. So, your blood level last night was lower than your blood level this morning. The FMU in your bladder this morning is a mixture of last night's urine, this morning's urine, and ever thing in between. The "old" urine from last night has a lower HCG that this morning's urine and is therefore "diluting" the HCG. You'd do much, much better to empty your bladder (without drinking any more liquids) and wait until you can go again. Think about it. Holding your urine doesn't concentrate it; it just mixes old urine with new urine. The only thing that concentrates it is drinking less, combined with peeing MORE frequently (not holding it).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best early pregnancy test I have tried, November 6, 2009
These are a great test for a great price. I like them much better than the kinds you can pick up at the drug store for $7 or $8 apiece. I used one of these the same day I had some blood drawn and a very faint line showed up. The next day I found out that the blood test showed that my HCG levels were at an 8 (Which I was told is consistent with about three weeks pregnant.) I was really impressed that they are able to detect such small amounts. If you want to be able to test often and not have to worry about the cost, these tests are the way to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, Easy to Use, and You Can Use as Many as You Want, April 13, 2010
Cee Cee Bee (Vienna, VA United States) - See all my reviews
We have been trying to conceive for 15 months and needless to say we've been through a lot of pregnancy pee on a stick style tests. Those tests are expensive and can add up quickly. One box of First Response Early Pregnancy Tests with 3 sticks retails for $16.00 at my local drug store. Since we weren't sure how much longer it would take us I purchased a 50-pack of the HCG Early Detection Test Strips to try out. There's a lot of these strips in the pack so you can use them as often as you'd like and they are extremely accurate. I got a faint positive line last week and have been using a test strip everyday, and as my early pregnancy progresses the positive line has gotten darker and has come up faster which is a good indication that my HCG levels are increasing. You can't go wrong with these, it's a bargain, you can test as often as you'd like, and it seems sensitive enough to changes in HCG levels to indicate changes in the positive line's darkness.

5.0 out of 5 stars More accurate than the HIGH DOLLAR tests!!, February 10, 2011
We have been trying to get pregnant for 5 months. I have been regularly purchasing the Clear Blue Digital tests, EPT's early response tests, as well as other varieties. I always assumed that you get what you pay for, so the expensive tests were my "GO TO" tests for confirmation...aside from the standing order I have at the lab for serum tests.

I finally decided to make my obsession with taking HPT's more affordable by indulging in these cheap tests. I guessed that they probably weren't accurate, but they would satisfy my urge to just take HPT's all day every day until I got my cycle. LOL Well, just 8 days after ovulation my EPT brand was negative (as I expected...way too early for a normal person to test!) but all of a sudden, on this little strip I saw a TINY faint little line, where there usually is nothing. (I use first morning urine in a paper cup, so if I need to re-test, I can do so right away.) I did another and still was pretty sure I was seeing a faint line. Hmmm...I reached for one of the 'big guns'..my Clear Blue Digital tests and crumb! It was Negative (NOT PREGNANT as it says). I still wondered if I should go ahead and have a blood test done? I did and it showed less than 1.2 HcG(i.e. NOT pregnant). Ah. Must have been my imagination and wishful thinking that I saw a faint line...

So, being desperate to be pregnant, the negative blood test did not even BEGIN to thwart my HPT habit. LOL Over the course of the next two days, I still kept seeing a faint line with these, and when I tried OTHER brands, nothing. Finally, on the third day, it was much darker and I decided to try the precious (comparatively expensive, but fun to use) Clear Blue Digital again and VOILA...it finally caught up with this flimsy little paper stick!! POSITIVE!!! These test strips were RIGHT and everything else was WRONG!! I went in and had blood drawn for the second time in 4 days and yes, indeed, I am pregnant!

I LOVE these test strips and highly recommend them! AMAZING!! CHEAP!! EASY!! EASY TO READ!! Wow!!

1.0 out of 5 stars didnt work, January 13, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars These SUCK, August 26, 2013
This review is from: Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 50-count (Health and Beauty)
I am clearly pregnant and these tests are STILL negative. Every review I've read insists that these can detect a pregnancy pretty accurately and earlier than other brands so maybe my batch is the issue. They expire 1/2015 FYI.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dye runs and indents and evaps, oh my!, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 50-count (Health and Beauty)
Run away. These were once a staple of the TTC community, but the quality has taken a nosedive and frankly they just suck. Lines appear where they should not. Every single test has a dye run so bad it looks like a very faint positive line, an evap, an terrible indent--something. Every one of them. I had been getting these just because I could get the ovulation test strips and pregnancy test combo pack for cheap, but not any more. These are awful. If you like the wallet-friendly strip format, I recommend SurePredict and EarlyPregnancyTests, both of which have given me very minimal problems, if any.

I will not use wondfo pregnancy tests ever again, but their ovulation predictor test strips (OPKs) are great. Not sure why one is so great and the other is garbage, but it is what it is. I do highly recommend the Wondfo OPKs.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Positives!!!!, May 5, 2013
This review is from: Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 50-count (Health and Beauty)
I purchased 100 of these and ALL are giving false positive results!! Negative. Batch #w00121086-3 exp 10/2014.
Giving me false hope after what I think was a miscarriage my part cycle. I don't even know if I actually was pregnant. Wow. RECALL defective tests Wondfo!! I'm not the first!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - Bad Batch Giving False Positives, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 50-count (Health and Beauty)
Generally, these tests are very accurate and pick up small amounts of HCG, which is optimum for early testing. However I and several other women have run across a bad batch that came from Formosa Med (I'm sure they have no knowledge of this) that are giving false positive results.

The Lot # of the tests in question are W0110632-3, and the Expiration date is 06/2013. These tests are pink and have HCG written on the handle.

It looks to me as if they have too much dye in them which causes the excess to pool into the test line area. If you get a positive result on these please double check with another reliable brand of test.

1.0 out of 5 stars STOP BUYING CHEAP TESTS! AVOID THE HEARTACHE!, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 50-count (Health and Beauty)
Let me begin by saying that I am a nurse who has given hundreds of pregnancy tests in my career and who up to now never realized the difference in quality of tests available. If I could give this product zero stars I would for all of the heartache that they have caused me...and others. I used Wondfo strips when I found out I was pregnant in 2010 with my son and had no complaints. Now, 2 years later, we have been trying for the second. For 3 months I've taken these tests starting about 9dpo and about 80% of them came up with lines right away. Faint, but there. I would get excited thinking that I was pregnant and hoping that the test would be darker the next day. Then the next day came and the test would be negative. So, I do what any normal woman-trying-to-get-pregnant would do, I keep testing. Sometimes I'd test 4 times a day, most of the time getting those nice faint lines that are just enough to keep my hopes up day after day waiting for that darker test. So day 10,11,12,13,14 go by and I'm wondering if I'm crazy because they aren't getting darker! I call the doc who does some testing. Not only was I not pregnant, I hadn't even ovulated. That ruled out a chemical pregnancy. Then, I start, and knowing I wasn't pregnant...but just for good measure and to add to my insanity, I continue to test AND get faint lines during the bleeding.

The second month was exactly the same. I even found out the hubby was pregnant that month. The third month (which has just ended) I got the brightest pink line at 15dpo that I've ever seen on these sticks. It came up immediately. So, I was really excited and texted the hubby a picture of the test who could easily see it was positive. I ran to the store to buy 2 different kinds of tests, because after all, I know these are faulty. But I'm really thinking that there's no way it couldn't be a real positive. It was just too pink. I get home and use the SAME urine that came up positive on the wondfo to dip a First Response and an Answer into and they were both negative. Hmmm, maybe you can't dip twice. So I test in the morning with another First Response and it was negative. At this point, I am just bewildered. I look over at my Wondfo that had given me my big beautiful pink line the night before and it had literally disappeared.

I don't know why they make tests that are clearly faulty, but I do know that IF WE ALL STOP BUYING THEM, THEY'LL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO MAKE THEM BETTER! Buy better tests and save yourself the trouble. It's almost ridiculous what we put ourselves through. I can only imagine what we look like squinting and holding in all different angles, in different lighting, and taking pictures to tweak.

To the manufacturer - SHAME ON YOU for using a very real weakness to pump out an inferior product. NOONE WHO HAS PROBLEMS GETTING PREGNANT SHOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH FALSE POSITIVES TOO. SHAME!

Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 50-count