Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pixy Stix, Giant, 1-Ounce Straws (Pack of 100)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 10, 2012
I purchased the Pixy Stix to give the small children a Halloween treat. (The kids loved them) I had several left over and I ate them while cleaning the house. Now I am wired and freaking out and I can't seem to find my keys. The house is very clean.
33 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2013
Tastes good, great source of dextrose for post workout insulin spike. I have one after every lifting workout. Sometimes I have it plain, sometimes I add it to my aminos or protein shake for extra sweetness. Definitely recommended.
on August 1, 2006
These should be served at restaurants by now. You really can't go wrong slamming a few of these and then going on about your day.

The one caveat though, occasionally you can have a dust build up in the wrong part of your throat which causes an involuntary cough during which you'll lose precious pixie powder.
on September 24, 2014
Originally developed as a soft drink in a straw, kids love this.
I buy these for Halloween because I would eat all the regular candy.
Spoonfuls of sugar just don't work for me.
The joy of watching the kids walk away trying to hold a bag, flashlight and three foot long straw is it's own reward.
on March 6, 2011
I love pixie stix! Love them so much that I actually bought this huge box for myself (and I'm over 50). This box has served me well since purchasing since my students also love pixie stix and love earning them in class. They are just as tart and tangy as I remember them being and it is great that they are available here in bulk. Plus they arrive right to my door so I don't have to drive around looking for them.
on February 21, 2014
I live about 6200 feet from the Wonka factory in Itasca IL. However, I can't get very much Wonka candy anywhere near my home. (WTF right? I mean, I can smell it. Their smog is DELIGHTFUL.) I have ordered these multiple times. Fantastic. These are the biggest Pixy Stix in the biggest box available, so if you're a total slob, you'll be in paradise. Just like me. I hope Amazon starts selling insulin tho (hopefully Prime eligible, hint hint)
on July 4, 2013
You probably won't believe it, but I'm actually eating these again as part of a new diet plan. Pixy stix happen to be one of the best ways to replace glycogen immediately following an intense workout because they are made from pure glucose with no fructose (or high fructose corn syrup); very rare among candies. Bet you didn't know that.

Plus, eating Pixy Stix reminds me of being a kid and pounding candy at the bowling alley arcade.
on July 17, 2015
Pixie dust EVERYWHERE! I brought the package in from outside and a trail of it came into my house. I opened the packages to see if any of the containers broke and didn't see any broken or cracked containers.

I think the dust is from being manufactured.

I'm on the fence about this purchase. The product is good, but I'm going to have to wipe all of these little containers off before I can hand them out to kids!
review image
on January 6, 2014
With these giant pixie sticks were able to coax children from the populated part of the neighborhood back to our house. Why coax? Well, we are the new neighbors and as I've been told, our street is notorious for not giving out candy. No more! We wanted to meet some of the kids and their parents so our daughter could make some new friends here. These sticks were the trick and an awesome value. Word spread quickly and soon we even had poorly costumed teens showing up. Worth it because we now have babysitters and snow shovelers all thanks to these sticks. Forget Angie's List, grab a box of these.
on January 14, 2016
These are smaller than the ones I got as a kid. I wanted them first and foremost for the sugar rush, but I am using the empty straws to store and waterproof stuff for my 72hour kit / bug out bag. Still as sweet as I remember. The powder is a lot finer than I remember though. I thought they were more sugar sized grains, but these are a much finer grain.