5.0 out of 5 stars The Wizard of Oz all over again
As I read this book, I saw with my own eyes the curtain pulled back on the "Religious Right." It was the Wizard of Oz all over again. This book was highly recommended and now I understand why. "Conservative" leaders have used elaborate tricks and sleight of hand to convince us for decades that they are on our side and represent the values we hold dear. Now I know the...
Published on December 13, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars More heat than light
The authors passionately argue for a return to biblical standards in directing the pro-family, conservative movement. Rejecting political expediency makes much sense in God's economy, but they don't see that as flawed sinners, incremental change is generally all that God allows us. The American experiment in liberty was conceived in a nation far more receptive to...
Published 14 months ago by Jeff D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Worth Reading, October 9, 2013
This review is from: We Won't Get Fooled Again: Where the Christian Right Went Wrong and How to Make America Right Again (Paperback)
I just read this book (10-2013). Did not know about it before. It is still worth the read! It provided documentation to what I had already concluded in my article "Political Bugs".

5.0 out of 5 stars I was duped, July 9, 2013
This is an eye-opening book, and after reading it, I realize that I have been duped by those in the conservative political arena and even some in the religious right. The authors use interviews from those who have been on the "inside" of these organizations to expose some surprising truths; these "conservative groups" and "conservative leaders" are not so conservative, and I have been duped by them, for I have been guilty of supporting political candidates and some popular conservative groups because they appeared "conservative." Actually, these groups are not what you might think or hope. I am grateful the authors took the time to analyze the conservative movement, for they discovered the truth and made it known. Before you donate any more money to any conservative organizations or before you vote on another candidate or issue, read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An astonishing glimpse at reality...and a GREAT book!, November 9, 2012
This book was given to me by a like-minded, evangelical, conservative Christian leader who shared my skepticism about many of the well-known personalities within our movement. I began reading it on my flight home from a conference and I could not put it down until I had read every gripping page. The interviews that Gregg Jackson and Steve Deace reveal in "We Won't Be Fooled Again" confirm my worst suspicions.

The Bible reminds us that in this present "evil age" (Gal. 1:4) deception will intensify and people will be more easily deceived (2 Tim. 3:13). That represents a frightening combination: stronger deception and increased susceptibility to deception! I had long speculated that this pervasive deception characterizing our world today had infiltrated the ranks of evangelical, conservative Christian leaders. Something just didn't add up. The talking points I was hearing on the conservative talk shows by leading evangelicals were not translating into real change in our culture.

What I discovered in this behind-the-scenes exposé was that the driving force behind many of the household names within the so-called "Christian right" movement is not biblical principles, but political pragmatism and self-serving promotion. This book is an absolute must read for anyone who is serious about understanding the dynamics of the evangelical, Christian, pro-family movement. What you will find is that not all that glitters is gold.

While some of the interviews in this outstanding book reflect refreshing and encouraging testimonies of those leaders who are truly trying to make a difference, many of the chapters affirm the reality that for the last several years, when it comes to conservative Christian issues, we have had foxes guarding the proverbial hen house.

Thankfully, Jackson and Deace do not simply betray and bemoan the state of affairs within our movement. They conclude with an excellent discussion of solutions; namely, a clarion call to return to unwavering, biblical standards. We need men and women of God who will hold firm when everyone else around them is blown like a straw in the wind.

I highly recommend this book and have passed it on to several other Christian leaders already.

Dr. Hixson

5.0 out of 5 stars An accurate account of Christian Right Sell-Out!, September 7, 2012
I am a conservative activist and former GOP first vice-chair of a conservative state reading "We Won't Get Fooled..." right now and cannot put it down!
This is a must read expose for serious grassroots conservative activists. The issues/dynamics raised and verified in this book are not only about the ideological sell out of organizational leaders on the right, but even deeper. This is about the spiritual sellout of religious leaders to political power- ironically, the same offer Satan made to Jesus!

My only recommendation, a slight title revision: "We Won't Get Fooled Again and Again"!
Highest admirations to Jackson and Deace. You are the "Confessing Conservatives" (an apt borrow from Bonhoeffer's "The Confessing Church"!)raising the clarion call for Judeo-Christian leadership in the public square that remains preeminently committed to the principles that brought them there over the politically compromised powers that entice them there!
Cyndi

5.0 out of 5 stars Why No Change? Read and Find Out Why..., August 14, 2012
Steve Deace and Gregg Jackson are one of the few Christian leaders in the media who are willing to ask the serious questions regarding faith and political action. Wondering why prominent Christian leaders promote political candidates and policies that don't square with what the Scriptures teach? In "We Won't Get Fooled Again" Deace and Jackson ask them and you get to see these leaders respond... and you'll understand why political partisanship trumps the plain teaching of the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars C O E X I S T, January 1, 2013
Have you ever seen this bumper sticker on the car in front of you? Buy a stack of these books and put this book under the wind shield wiper of that car with this stupid sticker on it. Has your dentist ever told you to COEXIST with a cavity, and abscessed tooth? Does one COEXIST with cancer? or parasites like a tick in the back of your head? Then why do we COEXIST with our leaders who sell out on everything that G_d teaches us in the word not to coexist with? Can we coexist with murder? We are! (Abortion). Our judicial system has no teeth, and society is rotten to the core. Just coexist, the problem can be pushed to another time, another place.

This is a book that exposes the environment that all of us think is just the normal way of doing things. So we do not demand better of our leaders? We do not hold the standard to our leaders that we hold to a business, or our bank accounts.Society will continue to suffer, so much for the bumper stickers. Read the book and discover how we like a frog in warm water, are actually sitting in boiling water? Time is short, and the boiling water is going to kill us. The book is a mirror, look at ourselves in this book...

5.0 out of 5 stars A book with great insights, October 23, 2012
This book is composed mostly of interviews with many of the leaders of the Christian Right of the past thirty years. By their own words it often reveals who those were that compromised, succumbing to pragmatism in hopes of making microscopic gains, and, and the other hand, it commended those who stood firm according to biblical principles, realizing that "Duty is ours, and the results are God's."
I strongly recommend this book, confident that it will be a great encouragement to those who wish to do things God's way, building a firm foundation with biblical truth, and persevering, regardless of the direction which the political winds are blowing at the moment. Laus Deo. SDG

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for Christians involved in politics, October 12, 2012
Jeffrey T. Hare, CPA CISA CIA (Platteville, CO United States) - See all my reviews
I saw Steve Deace speak at the Colorado Right to Life banquet in September and bought the book. Wow is all I can say! The conclusions are startling to say the least. The book is definitely worth the money.

Steve's full speech at the banquet can be found at: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST read!, October 9, 2012
This is a book you MUST read. It is NOT the typcial politcal book, but a great guide for Christians who want to insure their vote is in line with their faith beliefs. Quit being manipualted by those who use Christians to advance a political agenda. It is time for Christians to take a porincipled stand, and this book will help you to do that! Bill Keller, Founder of Liveprayer.com

4.0 out of 5 stars I learned more than I was expecting!!, September 19, 2012
This is a great book to open up your eyes to the ways of politics and to open the eyes of the Christians, so they won't be fooled. The authors' do not hold back any! They will definitely step on some toes with this book. Read this book and learn somethings you did not know and somethings that are scary to know.

$21.95 $19.76