Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: We Won't Get Fooled Again: Where the Christian Right Went Wrong and How to Make America Right Again
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 12, 2011
Loved the title, so that is what grabbed my attention. Boy, I am glad it did. LOVED the book, could not put it down. Finally, the truth is told. Enjoyed the variety of different people featured as well. Didn't look ahead so that I could be surprise over and over again.
on May 2, 2012
Often this happens to me: I'm in a conversation and I mention someone in power is not conservative or on the right and the conversation continues a while before I realize the person I'm speaking to thinks I'm talking about a Democrat when I wasn't. I rarely discuss issues about Democrats and other known liberals and socialists because everybody knows where they stand. It's the Republicans who are weak and compromising and it is THEY who concern me. When a Republican wins almost any race today you can bet he or she will begin immediately being wishy-washy, compromising, and completely wanting the left to like him. In other words, he is a Fool. What I appreciate most about "We Won't Get Fooled Again" is the honest way that the authors show BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that it's the so-called "right" who is the enemy in disguise. Many of them are liberals out of ignorance but that is no justification for them refusing to do what is right. I see the tide turning slowly, WAY too slowly where the average person is beginning to see that the Republicans for the most part are as liberal as their opponents and We Won't Get Fooled Again helps to expose this. I appreciate this book, I LOVED this book, it SPOKE TO ME, and it is exactly what most people who consider themselves "conservatives" need to read TODAY to understand why "their side" is still losing day after day.
on August 14, 2012
Steve Deace and Gregg Jackson are one of the few Christian leaders in the media who are willing to ask the serious questions regarding faith and political action. Wondering why prominent Christian leaders promote political candidates and policies that don't square with what the Scriptures teach? In "We Won't Get Fooled Again" Deace and Jackson ask them and you get to see these leaders respond... and you'll understand why political partisanship trumps the plain teaching of the Bible.
on September 19, 2012
This is a great book to open up your eyes to the ways of politics and to open the eyes of the Christians, so they won't be fooled. The authors' do not hold back any! They will definitely step on some toes with this book. Read this book and learn somethings you did not know and somethings that are scary to know.
on January 1, 2013
Have you ever seen this bumper sticker on the car in front of you? Buy a stack of these books and put this book under the wind shield wiper of that car with this stupid sticker on it. Has your dentist ever told you to COEXIST with a cavity, and abscessed tooth? Does one COEXIST with cancer? or parasites like a tick in the back of your head? Then why do we COEXIST with our leaders who sell out on everything that G_d teaches us in the word not to coexist with? Can we coexist with murder? We are! (Abortion). Our judicial system has no teeth, and society is rotten to the core. Just coexist, the problem can be pushed to another time, another place.

This is a book that exposes the environment that all of us think is just the normal way of doing things. So we do not demand better of our leaders? We do not hold the standard to our leaders that we hold to a business, or our bank accounts.Society will continue to suffer, so much for the bumper stickers. Read the book and discover how we like a frog in warm water, are actually sitting in boiling water? Time is short, and the boiling water is going to kill us. The book is a mirror, look at ourselves in this book...
on May 5, 2012
Gregg Jackson and Steve Deace interview 13 pro-family leaders in this book: Steve Baldwin, David Barton, Ann Coulter, Bob Enyart, Joseph Farah, Michael Farris, Gary Glenn, Joe Glover, Buddy Hanson, Brandon Howse, Peter LaBarbera, Tom Minnery, and Judge Roy Moore. The following pro-family organizations are recommended in this book: ADF (Alliance Defense Fund), United States Justice Foundation, and Americans for Truth. FRC (Family Research Council) is a questionable organization listed in this book; therefore, I have stopped supporting FRC financially. Another questionable pro-family organization mentioned in this book is Focus On The Family. Two organizations that are NOT recommended by several of the pro-family leaders interviewed in this book are: ACLJ and the Christian Coalition.

My favorite chapter in this book was the conclusion. Gregg Jackson and Steve Deace shared their thoughts, opinions, and solutions about the current political (and spiritual) situation in the United States. Two quotes I appreciated in the conclusion were from Gregg Jackson/Steve Deace: 1. "A believer not in the Bible is like a power plant without electricity; it may still look and sound like a power plant, but it has no real power." 2. "We have bought the lie that America is the last, best hope for mankind, when hope is to be found in Christ alone. We have forgotten that only when America recognized Christ was her last hope did she become a beacon of hope to the world." Gregg and Steve also share a quote from State Representative Tom Shaw (R-Iowa): "Traveling the world in the Navy, I learned that once you lose liberty you lose your rights, and you almost never regain them. Like muscles, we need to exercise our rights and fight for them, otherwise we lose them." Abraham Lincoln's words at Gettysburg (1863) is also shared in the conclusion: "Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure...It is for us the living...to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." Most importantly, this book ends with Psalm 33:12-22:

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
the people he chose for His inheritance.
13 From heaven the Lord looks down
and sees all mankind;
14 from His dwelling place He watches
all who live on earth.
15 He who forms the hearts of all,
who considers everything they do.

16 No king is saved by the size of his army;
no warrior escapes by His great strength.
17 A horse is a vain hope for deliverance;
despite all its great strength it cannot save.
18 But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him,
on those whose hope is in His unfailing love,
19 to deliver them from death
and keep them alive in famine.

20 We wait in hope for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
21 In Him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in His holy Name.
22 May Your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in You.
on July 6, 2013
The authors passionately argue for a return to biblical standards in directing the pro-family, conservative movement. Rejecting political expediency makes much sense in God's economy, but they don't see that as flawed sinners, incremental change is generally all that God allows us. The American experiment in liberty was conceived in a nation far more receptive to biblical injunctions than ours. We benefit from the founders' piety and biblical acumen, but today the people have grown completely unresponsive to the truth of the Word of God. I feel no less frustrated by conservative leaders, including the authors, after reading this. God gives us the leaders we deserve!
on October 23, 2012
This book is composed mostly of interviews with many of the leaders of the Christian Right of the past thirty years. By their own words it often reveals who those were that compromised, succumbing to pragmatism in hopes of making microscopic gains, and, and the other hand, it commended those who stood firm according to biblical principles, realizing that "Duty is ours, and the results are God's."
I strongly recommend this book, confident that it will be a great encouragement to those who wish to do things God's way, building a firm foundation with biblical truth, and persevering, regardless of the direction which the political winds are blowing at the moment. Laus Deo. SDG
on November 5, 2012
This book will make you mad, but not at the writers you will be mad at the so called christian conservative/pro life movement.
I am saying that as a christian. It exposes many of the things I had suspected all along.
For one thing with all of these so called pro life groups why has the abortion movement gotten so much worse and so much
more accepted? Find out in this book how those groups failed utterly!
Then after that book read the christian prince by buddy hanson.
Basically Won't get fooled is the what went wrong, the christian prince is how to fix it.
on October 9, 2012
This is a book you MUST read. It is NOT the typcial politcal book, but a great guide for Christians who want to insure their vote is in line with their faith beliefs. Quit being manipualted by those who use Christians to advance a political agenda. It is time for Christians to take a porincipled stand, and this book will help you to do that! Bill Keller, Founder of Liveprayer.com