5.0 out of 5 stars Another Good Buy at Amazon
Published 23 months ago by Carol Ogg

3.0 out of 5 stars Dry and easy to start when you need them
These starter kindling pieces do catch fire pretty quickly, but the whole pile comes apart in shipping, and needs to be moved into a container. They are also a bit expensive for some sticks. We had a damp camping trip just before I purchased these, and the logs were difficult to start. I got this bundle as a backup for future trips.
Published 5 months ago by D. Lehman

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Good Buy at Amazon, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Wood Products 9904 Fatwood Round Bundle Burlap, 4 Pounds (Lawn & Patio)
I have used fat wood for years, I found this product lived up to my expectation. Rarely takes more than two sticks to start a fire. I have used this product for starting both open bon fires and for starting the fire in my fireplace. This bundle is compact and an excellent buy. When it was packed for shipment, unfortunately it did not come in the pictured bundle, it come apart. Didn't affect the usefulness of the product though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, December 26, 2012
These wood starters are perfect! Start right away and keep the fires burning! No smell. Packaged perfectly for display on hearth.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, AWESOME, WONDERFUL, EFFECTIVE!, February 14, 2014
AMAZING PRODUCT! I can't believe we waited this long to use Fatwood! So much better than using newspaper to get the fire started. Can't say enough good things about this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big ol' fatwood., February 9, 2014
Bought this to make 1 lb. fire kits for my backpacking family. Arrived as expected. Tried a few sticks in the fireplace--worked great with a magnesium pile and fire striker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just venting!, December 11, 2014
I ordered 3 4lb bundles of fat wood {as pictured). They were to be a gift. One bundle was received as pictured. the other 2 bundles were broken open as to fit in the box more easily, thus destroying the gift value. Further, the wood was dumped on top of a book I ordered and they were mailed together. I have returned the book, with cover spoiled by wood residue, for replacement. Since the book was not packed by the Wood Products Company, I have to assume they are not at fault for packing the box and ruining the book, which has been returned to Amazon for replacement. I am not returning the fat wood, because it was a gift to my husband and difficult to replace in the time frame for which it is needed. I believe I will eventually be pleased with both products. Thanks for listening.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dry and easy to start when you need them, July 7, 2014
D. Lehman (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Easy Fire starter that Works Every Time!, May 13, 2014
J. Larsen (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I bought the Fatwood Bundle the first time from a garden store and couldn't believe how easy and efficient it made starting fires. I'm in Minnesota so a fire in fall & winter isn't just for aesthetics! After 3 years I finally ran out and was back to newspaper - and knew I had to order more Fatwood. Curiously reviews for this Bundle were great but less so for Fatwood in larger amounts. Don't know why that would be. For me it's A++ and I don't want to ever build a fire without it! I am an excellent fire starter regardless of the materials - Fatwood just makes it easier. I have seen a few lesser "logical" people starting fires and wonder if some complaints were from some of those people. I don't expect these to ignite a large log without some kindling, pine cones etc. added before the larger log. That's why it's called "Building" a fire. If the log isn't fully aged it will need a lot more help of course - that's what I mean by logical. For me it's fabulous, less messy and a great time saver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat Wood,kewl!!!, January 26, 2014
Michael E. Califfsr (Pendleton, OR United States) - See all my reviews
Arrived on time with packaging a little worse for wear,but got wood back intoo the bundle. turned out just what I wanted for creating small sets of fire starting materials. Some can be made into feather sticks and made into small "bird's nests" most of the rest to kindling growths. All in all,a nice sized bundle of fatwood to use in starting fires

5.0 out of 5 stars What can be said that hasn't, July 9, 2013
If you grill with charcoal or do any camping, you NEED to have this handy. I don't grill without fatwood or go camping without it. No gas taste, when applied properly in a grill you get an even start to your charcoal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I remember, December 4, 2014
I remember having this stuff in our house growing up. It's just as I remembered it. Just replaced our refractory panels and needed to light some small "curing" fires. Three of these worked just fine.

Wood Products 9904 Fatwood Round Bundle Burlap, 4 Pounds
$16.33 $8.09
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.