4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
A fun recurve bow for those looking to just dabble in archery for their child. The string is rather tight, so there isn't much pull back, so this is def recommended for someone about 6-12, but it also works great a prop for a Halloween Costume if you want to be Katniss Everdeen.
Published on October 17, 2012 by gracie063

3.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Bow
Sturdy and tightly strung. However, the string isn't very strong and the person for whom I bought it intends to restring it almost immediately.
Published 22 months ago by MHillary

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, October 17, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Wooden Bow Set with 3 Arrows (Toy)
I was very suprised at the quality of this toy. It has a lot of kick and can propel an arrow very far. Just a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Prop, October 29, 2012
This review is from: Wooden Bow Set with 3 Arrows (Toy)
This bow and arrow set looks really great! I think it must be the nicest in it's price range. Great design, great size, great price.
I bought it to use as a prop for Halloween. My costume is very naturalistic and required a nice bow,something classy, not plastic yet something reasonably priced, as I didn't want to pay for an expensive bow I would wear only once a year.
This bow went wonderfully with medieval/fantasy nature of my costume.

Though I will probably not do much shooting with the bow, it's really not bad. My husband shot it and it went pretty far. I think a kid would enjoy this toy and it would probably serve as a good precursor to a real bow and arrow as long as proper safety precautions were observed. The arrows have foam tips on them to minimize damage, which is a nice feature.
I would also like to give props to the company who sold this to me, TreasureGurus. They didn't piddle around and sent the set right away. I really needed it by a certain date and it arrived in time. They got back to me when I wrote them right away and took on my concerns.
You will not be disappointed with this item. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great prop!, October 31, 2012
This review is from: Wooden Bow Set with 3 Arrows (Toy)
This bow and arrow set was the perfect addition to my 12-year-old's Katniss costume. I read some of the earlier reviews where people complained about the set not being very durable as a usable toy, but since we never intended to actually use it as a working bow and arrow, that wasn't a concern for me. As a PROP for a costume it is PERFECT. My daughter is about 5'5" tall and this was the only inexpensive bow and arrow set that didn't look small and cheap on her. I even took the adjustable leather strap from an old broken purse and hot glued it to the quiver so that she could wear it on her back. The final result was exactly what we were going for. If you are looking for an adult-sized bow and arrow set to use as a prop - this one will work well.
People who are looking for a working archery set should really expect to pay a lot more than this, so I am not sure if I sympathize with them if they bought this one for that purpose and were unhappy.

5.0 out of 5 stars grandson very happy, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Wooden Bow Set with 3 Arrows (Toy)
It looks authentic and is as expected.....could use a stronger string though....afraid to pull back too much for fear of breaking.....absolutely would recommend to kids 6 to 12 years

5.0 out of 5 stars Bow and Arrow, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Wooden Bow Set with 3 Arrows (Toy)
Good sturdy construction. My daughter loves using the bow and arrow set. Worth the money up to now. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Costume Prop, August 6, 2012
R. Blackman (Ashland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wooden Bow Set with 3 Arrows (Toy)
We bought this bow for a costume prop for our grandson. It was much better constructed then I expected. The arrows were as expected (not much use) and the quiver... could have done without.

We received lots of compliments in the bow and several people at the festival asked where we got it. It was the perfect complement to his elf costume.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good quality, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Wooden Bow Set with 3 Arrows (Toy)
its very durable and sturdy and can shoot surprisingly pretty far. i really like it but im just using it as a costume piece, but it wont break like other things and its at a very good price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great old-style prop, January 21, 2014
Caitlin Dennis (Charlottesville, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wooden Bow Set with 3 Arrows (Toy)
Bought this at the last minute to complete an archeress costume for a convention and it looks great! It's not super smooth/fine craftsmanship, it looks kind of old-timey and rough, held together by twine etc., which worked well with my costume. It's a good size to complete an adult's costume; not particularly functional but I don't think it's intended to be?

3.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Bow, January 16, 2013