Woodland Hills Camera in Woodland Hills, CA I have found a canon xs kit that I am seriously thinking about purchasing, but not sure about this company. Does anyone know about them. I would appreciate any help or advise. They have a really good price.
asked by Helen G. Lee on January 21, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Helen- I have been into the store. They have very knowledgeable personnel and have been in business a long time. I am an amateur and sometimes feel a bit intimidated. They cater to professionals and high end buyers primarily. I have found them honest, reliable and helpful.
Hawk answered on February 1, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Helen, did you buy your canon xs from them? I am looking at them for the same. Would be interested in knowing how your experience was.
cm6746 answered on June 23, 2009

A
I ignored some complaints I read online about Woodland Hills Camera and am really sorry I did. I never received the product they supposedly mailed to me and spent a lot of wasted time and money trying to resolve the problem. The staff there is very unfriendly once they've got your money. Don't make the same mistake I did. Here are more people who got scammed by this unscrupulous company:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/woodland-hills-camera-c215793.html

A
I agree with Kate G. it is definitely hard to find a store that will take time to explain products to you.
Most of the stores I went to before going to Woodland Hills Camera just had a bunch of kids working there who were more interested in talking to there co-worker friends then helping customers.
I bought a couple of canon point and shoots from Woodland Hills Camera last Christmas and even though they were very busy Steve still took the time to explain the different point & shoots available. He gave me a great deal and I didn't feel rushed or pressured.
I highly recommend them!
Sandy C. answered on July 30, 2010

A
Over many years I have made thousands of dollars in purchases ~ Telescopes and related equipment. I have never had regret with any purchase I have made at the Woodland Hills Camera Store. And... The after sale support goes well beyound anything necessary. These people "are" the best.

Postle
James M. Postle answered on September 5, 2010

A
n
Scared for U if you buy from woodland... answered on December 6, 2010

A
Recently started doing business with Woodland Hills Camera and am very happy with their staff's service and depth of knowledge. Being new to Digital Photography I could have been easily taken for a ride. Instead, if anythning, the staff acted as a reality check on my enthusiasm, talked me out of spending too much, and kept me focused on the most important thing: taking pictures.

This store is why 'brick and mortar' establishements can compete with the internet. They get and keep loyal customers by providing excellent product, service, and assistance.
S. Simon answered on January 23, 2012

A
I'm a professional baby photographer in LA and I've been doing business with them for over fifteen years. They've been around since the 70's, same family. When Best Buy showed up in town, a whole bunch of mom and pops closed, but these guys didn't. You know why? They know how to do business. They know their stuff, they know how to treat a customer, they're okay with spending an afternoon explaining how one camera is better for your needs over another- where else are you going to get that kind of attention these days? And they're good folks, too- the owner is on the board of Telescopes Without Borders, donates equipment to poor schools in poor countries... What more do I need to say?
Kate G. answered on July 29, 2010
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Jun 9, 2011 3:45:26 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›