Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 26, 2013
Gorgeous little book, with adorable patterns. The book includes these following patterns in case you were wondering: :)
Deer with Little Antlers Hat
Wildflower Crown
Spirit of the Birch
The Changeling Collar
Midsummer's Night Dream

That's 21 patterns if you were counting!!

If you just like 2-3 of the patterns it's more than worth it to buy the book!!

Gorgeous little book and wonderful patterns. :) Love it.
44 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2013
I pre-ordered this book and received it a few days later. I love Stephanie's patterns and this is such a great deal (21 patterns for $12?!) This book features some of her popular patterns as well as some new ones. There is an array of hoods, scarves/cowls, sweaters, capes/ponchos, leg warmers, and mittens. As soon I got this book I immediately looked through my yarn stash to see what I could start!
on September 17, 2013
It has arrived (a day early! WEEEEE!) and let me tell you just how excited I am. About this much: ✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸
(I may have exploded in a glitter bomb...)

I have been a fan of Stephanie's patterns for many years and found a few familiar patterns in this book. Some of them I already knitted up several times over the last few years.
I tend to print out the patterns that I previously purchased in a pdf format, but I also tend to lose those papers. And since I knit some of these lovies over and over (trust me, everyone will want one!), I won't have to worry anymore that I will lose my paper print in the book shelf, accidentally throw it into the garbage or find crayon drawings on Stephanie's face, thanks to my children. No more wasted paper out of my printer! YAY

You will find a whole bunch of brand new patterns and while I paged through the book I let out several squeals of happiness. I am so excited that I don't even know which one I will knit up first. What I do know is that I am going to order more wool. Now (No, that's not really considered hoarding).

Stephanie's patterns are absolutely enchanting. The pieces I have knitted over the past years are wonderful conversation starters and I love to put a smile on people's faces when I wear my Mr Fox {stole my heart} stole or my little deer hat. How can one not smile when you see someone with a fox stole and realize that no real fox had to die for this cuteness.

If you love magical creatures, if you enjoy long walks through the woods, if you are actually a fairie and disguise yourself as a human.... then you need to buy this book! If you do not like magical creatures or long walks in the woods, then this book can help you! <3 <3 <3
88 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2013
The one thing I regret about this book is that I'd already purchased two of the patterns out of it (hopsalots and minifox). It's not too bad though because there are 4 or 5 more in the book that I like enough that I would knit and since I got the book for like 12$, I'm still on the winning end there. I love Tiny Owl Knits's patterns, if you're curious about what's in it, you can look at all of the patterns on her website, and you can look at what other people did with them on ravelry as well.
on September 18, 2013
I own many of Stephanie's patterns already and have been a member of her ravelry group for some time. The finished garments i've knit are always beautiful--her instructions are very clear and often include helpful tips and coaching,

My book arrived yesterday and the new patterns are delightful. I can't wait to knit the new ones and revisit some of the old ones, too. Must also mention Stephanie is just a lovely, fun, magical person. I can't wait for her next book!
on September 18, 2013
Well it is about time! Ever since I discovered Tiny Owl Knits on Etsy I have been a huge fan. I have made the Catching Butterflies fingerless mitts and I have bookmarked 4 patterns in the book to do next. I can say from my experience with the pattern for the mitts that the patterns are easy to follow and hugely gratifying. The book is unique, whimsical and very well done!! Okay I cannot talk any more - have to go make the Tiny Violet Hand Puff..
on December 9, 2013
Some very interesting designs. My daughter fell in love with the hat on the cover -- she is 18 and in college. Also with the fox shawl. I would have given this 5 starts but I found you have to read the patterns very carefully as there are a few stitch count errors. Make sure you work out these patterns before starting. Otherwise a delightful set of patterns.
VINE VOICEon May 19, 2014
There are a lot of theme knit pattern books out there and most of them are not very good, but this one is impressive in the quality of the patterns and the cohesiveness of the theme.

Stephanie Dosen is no luddite that is for sure, She covers everything from cables, to intarsia, reversible knit and felting and a beautifully detailed imagination. The designs are very well developed, have clarity and she not only has provided a stitch dictionary but a very useful yarn information chart as well. Which is great because her eye for color, particularly natural colors that would actually appear in nature is acute. She also offers side notes, observation, advice and suggestions for alterations. When an author writes as tho' she is right there with you this is always a nice personal touch.

And as I mentioned before cohesive. Every single pattern in here pertains to or is influenced by the forest. Yes this will probably be on no use to an urbanite, but I'm from Wyoming and I can think of somebody I would make most of these for. The nice thing about this collection is that there really is a nice variety of items that would stretch nicely over many age groups. This is a plus as most theme pattern books are really geared towards teens or young adults. The bear hoodie in here would be just a nice for a grandmother as it would a child. The Garden Gate and Ivy cowl and the Changling collar are rather sophisticated and geared more towards an adult. And yes there are whimsical pieces in here clearly for the younger set: Fairy wings, headbands and the tiny violet hand poof would be adorable on a child.

The book as a whole is a work of art really. The pictures, layout, paper quality and the decorative edging all give it an air of beauty, whimsy and craftmanship. A true labor of love.
on September 24, 2013
Every project in this book is a must knit! There isn't a single one i'd skip over. The patterns are well written and easy to understand. The photographs, illustrations, and little decorative touches on each page make this a lovely, beautiful book. The little snippets Stephanie has written are so cute and fun. Perfect :)
on November 12, 2013
Beautiful, whimsical designs abound in this book. I purchased it to make the antler hat and the faerie wings for my granddaughters and find there are some really nice pieces I would make for myself! (catching butterflies mitts and garden gate and ivy cowl). Many beautiful photographs of the projects from different angles will be helpful to ensure pieces are sewn together in a way that captures the artist's whimsical style. Gift cards with quotes from the little project introductions would add lots of fun when giving the finished items as gifts.

If I were to change one thing about this book, I would like it if all the printed pages were not on a colored background. Although it fits with the artist's style and makes a beuatiful book, it also makes it much more difficult for me to read, especially in the lamplight. Fortunately, the colored background is usually only on the first page of the pattern which gives yarn information, size information, etc. The pattern directions are usually all on the cream colored pages with good contrast. I still love this book and don't feel this takes away from the overall value of the book to me.