Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on January 17, 2008
This is the best for diorama making and is very convenient. No mixing of plaster or hydrocal. Just dip the cloth in water and apply. No rushing because the hydrocal is drying. Use just as much as you need. It makes a very hard shell that can be painted or worked easily. Simply the best way to make a diorama terrain shell.
on May 9, 2008
This is an excellent and easy to use product. The roll can be dipped and then applied or a piece can be cut off the roll, dipped and then applied. I used it on a model railroad layout to make lawn, hills and other needed forms. After applied, it can be shaped, drilled, painted, hot glued, etc.
on March 15, 2014
I use to use paper towels dipped in plaster that made a big mess. Plaster cloth is easy to cut to size and apply to make any type of scenery look more realistic. When using, you only need to skim the water with the cloth and it is ready to apply. By using the overlap technique a very durable hard shell is created. This stuff is great.
on November 28, 2011
I used this product to make a mask. My mask came out great. i used it to make a mold of my face and then waited for it to dry. The mask is very durable and this product is a GREAT AMOUNT for a cheap amount of money.
on October 31, 2013
I was glad I found this item through the review of another product. It was the cheapest way to do casting that I could find on a budget and time constraint.

If you intend to use this to create molds, I'd recommend using more layers than the instructions indicate. My cast turned out a bit flimsy for what I needed, but given that the product was intended to be used to make model train scenery, I can't fault the product or the instructions.
on January 22, 2016
I love this stuff. I used it for all my mountain and hill making. You can cover newspaper wads to make mountains, or cut little squares of this cloth and squish it down to make rocks or boulders. Just one layer of this stuff can make a rigid structure, though I use two layers for certainty, the packaging recommends three layers, I'd maybe use three layers for big mountains over twelve or eighteen inches in height. If this product is new to you, I'd recommend a quick youtube video about installing woodland scenics plaster cloth, because I forgot to smooth over the mountains with more water to plug up tiny holes in the cloth.
on July 10, 2014
Thanks Woodland Scenics for a wonderful product!

Easy to use, build your creation at your own pace. No mixing a batch of plaster which will 'set' before you're ready.

If you take the product apart, it appears to be a 'quick setting plaster' attached to cheese cloth.

If you're having trouble with wet pieces falling away; try holding a dry piece in place, then brushing with a wet paint brush =:^)
on September 21, 2015
This is such a great material to work with! There are so many things you can do with plaster cloth, from making masks and headpieces to using it for scenery and sets for dioramas and model train sets. I have many instructional videos for how to use this product on my website: www.theartfulness.com
on February 18, 2015
Was used to construct the Polar Express mountain. Easy to work with, and within minutes of applying holds the shape of whatever backing/shaping materials used. Within minutes of shaping was able to use lightweight all purpose joint compound to fill in and achieve outstanding results . Would highly recommend use when constructing any type of terrain models.
on April 14, 2014
The cloth was used on a model train layout. I made a mountain out of chicken wire and then covered it with plaster cloth. Good product.