5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be dumb like me - these come in pairs!
First off, these are excellent shoe trees. They're exactly the same as the Allen Edmonds ones, except a lot cheaper and without the logo on them.

Published on June 14, 2012 by jwvand02

3.0 out of 5 stars These Work Fine, But There Are A Few Things I Don't Like
I use shoe trees in my fashion boots, booties, and some heels. The adjustment to widen the tree is made by pushing the handle forward causing a flexible plate to spread the tree. I think the mechanism is a bit flimsy, but does work. I keep it in locked in place by sliding the handle all the way forward and then pushing it down so it rests behind the heel inside the...
Published 13 months ago by windsweep

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be dumb like me - these come in pairs!, June 14, 2012

It's not explicitly stated anywhere, so in order to be safe, I ordered two. I ended up with four, because they come in pairs. This is obviously quite reasonable, but hey, I wasn't sure. Luckily, Amazon happily takes the other pair back and refunds my card.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite shoe trees, April 8, 2011
This review is from: Woodlore Adjustable Men's Shoe Tree (Apparel)
OK, so I'm a bit of a dress shoe collector, so I end up with a lot of shoe trees and the cost adds up. I have shoe trees from many contemporary and vintage makers, including 4 of the models from Woodlore, and extras from Allen Edmonds, Florsheim, French Shriner, Nordstroms, Mens Warehouse, etc.

This is my second favorite model, after the Allen Edmonds split model (note Allen Edmonds owns Woodlore).

What you need to keep in mind is that different shoes match up better with different shoe trees. It isn't just about size, it's about shape. For example this model is great for combination last shoes that have particularly narrow heels (the type that would fit horribly with the Woodlore Epic shoe tree because of it's wide heel for example).

That said, this is one of the most versatile shaped shoe trees and it is hard to imagine you would go wrong with it. But shop around, Amazon often costs more for shoe trees than other Internet sources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as it should, January 21, 2011
This review is from: Woodlore Adjustable Men's Shoe Tree (Apparel)
Perfect for why you buy it. go to Allen Edmonds website to find the exact size that you will need and it will fit like a charm. Has halted or helped a lot of the creases that were starting to form in my oxfords. Also helps with smelly shoe syndrome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a great shoe tree!, February 18, 2014
Sleepers Delight (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
The shoe tree is great, but I wish the sizing chart on the back of the box was in the description. Based on shoe size, I got and XL, but based on width, I should have gotten a large. That's why I took a star off.

I took a pic of the back of the box for the men's size and width so you can get (hopefully) the right size on the first shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, December 15, 2010
This review is from: Woodlore Adjustable Men's Shoe Tree (Apparel)
These are exactly the same as the Allen-Edmunds shoe trees selling on Amazon for 10 bucks more . The only difference is the brass nameplate. The rough finish is necessary to release the cedar aroma in order to kill order and preserve the non leather parts of the shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works nicely!, September 29, 2009
I have tried a few different men's shoe trees, most of them from Golfsmith and The Golf Warehouse. Most I bought didn't have size options and were therefore made for the "average" men's shoe size. My size is 8.5. These trees fit but just barely in some cases making them difficult to insert and remove.

Although the odor killing functionality worked great in all above and they were solidly designed trees, the Woodlore men's shoe tree comes in more sizes and offered a chart to help me choose the correct size. I picked the one for my shoe size and they fit in the shoe so easily, yet they still fill the shoe as they should. They also still provide the same odor killing power thanks to the cedar.

The split toe design is great and, in fact, helps fill the shoe even better than some of my other trees because it expands as you put force to shorten the tree. The size chart indicates this with it's long/narrow and short/wide sizings.

The loop at the end of the tree is made of thick string/small rope rather than leather, which, in my opinion, means it will be stronger and last longer. The rope goes through a small discreet hole in the heel of the shoe tree and are secured with a knot at the hidden end.

The price is reasonable as well, so all-in-all I love these shoe trees and will be buying more to replace some of my other less functional ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars They do the job., September 29, 2011
O. Ihonvbere (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Woodlore Adjustable Men's Shoe Tree (Apparel)
Other than a shipping delay that may be unique to my experience, I'd say these shoe trees are exactly what I expected. Being my first pair of shoe trees ever, I wasn't sure what to expect and I don't have a lot to compare them to, but I had to order the largest size they have since I'm a size 13.

One thing that may be worth noting is that I had expected them to go all the way to the front of the shoe, basically taking the place of an actual foot but I found that there was actually some space at the toe. Not a lot, but certainly some space. Again, this could be perfectly normal.

They aren't shipped with any real protection, just a cardboard box, which is fine by me. I suppose if I had paid $10 more, I might have expected a bit more luxury. The cedar smell is definitely present, and getting them in and out is a breeze since the back half works on a hinge so you can slip the front in and then slide the heel in which expands the toe portion automatically to a snug fit.

I bought two and the plan is to get a few more before the year is out, I have no plans to switch to a different brand at this point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my expensive shoes looking great, February 18, 2012
I have many pairs of shoe trees, and I like this style the best. They are spring loaded, which keeps pressure against the leather. This allows the sweat moistened leather to form back into shape, and prevents unsightly creases at the toe of the shoe. I use this specific pair on my Allen Edmonds Park Avenues, and they work just fine. I am a size 10.5/11, and the sizing chart was true to size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Woodlore Adjustable Shoe Tree, September 26, 2011
They smell wonderful, as cedar forms should. I got a Medium for a Men's (US) size 10 and I think it could be a little tighter. I'll order a couple more and get Large next time. Fast shipping, simple but handsome box, and bonus is they're made in USA. I like the pull string, too. The box (which sadly I threw away before this review) has a sizing chart. I wish they would have posted a picture of it, but it's on Woodlore's website. That would have made this a perfect purchase. Very pleased overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Shoe Trees!, January 4, 2012
I received three sets of these, and I am happily surprised by their function. The toe of the shoe tree is split down the middle and expands side to side as the heel is pressed in. This helps to keep the toes of you shoes expanded in all directions.

The tension in the spring is strong enough to make the shoe three functional but not so strong as to damage your shoes.

The cedar in these is highly aromatic, so be warned that you may actually trigger your allergies if you have them!

Yes, these are a little more expensive than I had anticipated, but for the function and initial quality, I am highly satisfied!

Woodlore Adjustable Men's Shoe Tree