CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Woodpecker Baby Walker - Plan Toys
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Real world functionality that encourages creative play in a positive learning environment
- PlanToys is committed to minimizing their impact on the environment
- The educational merits of these toys are recognized by some of the most prestigious awards in the industry
- PlanToys practices the 3 R's of green living: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Made from non-toxic natural materials such as organic rubberwood
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1. Not good for new/early walkers due to the design. This probably goes for a lot of similarly designed "walkers" where the handle is up high and the baby can fall through the middle. My son used this on carpet right around 10 months and it moved well even on fairly shaggy carpet, but after he fell through the middle (both while pushing it and while playing with trying to get at the woodpeckers) and got two corresponding large goose-eggs on his head, we put it away for several months. We got the large Prince Lionheart wheely bug and it was the very best walker on every surface and I cannot say enough good things about it.
2. Can only go in a straight line. Again, due to the design this clunky walker only moves in a straight line and is very difficult to move around corners or turn around when you get to the end of a hallway. Now that my son is sturdy on his feet at 16 mo. we've pulled this toy out again on occasion - but the fun wears out quickly since it only goes in a straight line. When he does try to turn it he gets frustrated because it's so awkward and then he usually ends up stubbing his foot or hurting himself with it. Again, the wheely bug delivers in this area because it has caster wheels and even at 10 months old my son was able to maneuver around corners and turn it around in hallways.
3. LOUD & other issues: Those woodpeckers are extremely loud when this thing is pushed!Read more ›
Sadly, my son broke off two of the pegs that hold down the wood that the woodpeckers peck. I called Plan Toys and they were greatly concerned. They said we must have got a defective one because they never had any other complaints concerning the pegs coming out. The Plan Toys costumer service representative was SO sweet and helpful. She was extremely apologetic and said she was going to send a report to their quality control department immediately. They also sent me a brand new walker for no charge.
Even though we had a little hiccup with this product, I still highly recommend it. The walker never tipped over when my son grabbed onto the bar, it's made of beautiful wood, and makes a lovely click clack sound that my son enjoyed. This toy was always fought over during play dates.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this brand new walker for 10 month old child! It is adorable...worth every penny I spent. I made my decision to buy this based on reviews which were spot on! Read morePublished 15 months ago by Terry
This taught my son how to walk and still pushes it!!! Quality cute and purposeful! Great find... We will be keeping this for grandchildrenPublished 24 months ago by Rachel Lynn
3 kids now have used this walker. As soon as my 1st son could stand he started to push the walker and look at the woodpeckers moving up and down. Read morePublished on September 19, 2013 by M. Steven Montoya
Great toy. non toxic wood and my little boy loves the birds. He is 7months and he can walk side to side but not forward so now he is playing with birds. Read morePublished on May 17, 2013 by Matthew Toney
Makes a great first birthday present. Nice and sturdy for the children ready to become toddlers. Woodpeckers delight my granddaughter and should generate proper irritation factor... Read morePublished on May 15, 2013 by DeLane Gibbs
We got this for our daughter and she loves it. She started using it at 8 months and at 10 1/2 she learned how to turn it. Read morePublished on January 31, 2013 by Natalie
At the suggestion of our physical therapist for our son, we purchased this walker. I read the other reviews of this product; seems like people were either very much for it or... Read morePublished on January 25, 2013 by Super Duper Person
She loves the clicking sound the birds make. I'm not to sure how long her parents will put up with the noise, so far they are good with it.Published on January 20, 2013 by Fulton S. Shaw
I really wanted to give this walker a great review because our daughter loves it when it works right. Read morePublished on November 9, 2012 by Bobbie