Woofstick Dog Exercise and Training Toy/Tool
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Dog Exercise and Training Tool, the best 5 minute workout your dog can get!
- Good for dogs of all sizes, keeps dogs fit and healthy
- Includes collapsible pole with adjustable 10-foot cord & soft non-slip grip handle
- Detachable plush bone toy with treat slot, shoulder carrying case, & foldable water bowl
- Recommended by the SPCA and professional dog trainers nationwide
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
In addition to being a great way to exercise a dog quickly, the Woofstick is a useful training tool in a number of ways:
1. It allows the dog to release a lot of energy before a training session, resulting in better focus during training. This is a win-win for the dog and the owner. Releasing energy may also be a necessary component in addressing certain undesirable behaviors, such as chewing or digging.
2. Chasing the toy provides valuable mental as well as physical exercise. Often, high-energy dogs are the same (smart) ones that need frequent mental challenges in order to avoid boredom and trouble!
3. It can be used purposefully to teach impulse control, a skill which is SO important and often overlooked in dog training, especially with young dogs and certain breeds. I have my clients teach "Wait" and the release, e.g. "OK!" with the Woofstick. We start by asking the dog to "wait" for just a few seconds before he's released to chase the toy; then we gradually work up to longer periods of time. This also promotes focus on the owner and provides a context for the owner to establish their leadership in a fun and humane way.
It can also be used to teach "Drop It," "Leave It," etc.
I have even used it to teach "Touch" - where the dog must target/touch the toy with his nose before we play.Read more ›
|Length: 1:26 Mins|
***This also works for kittens and cats. My kitten chases it without a treat in it.***
Fournier Farms American Bulldogs
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent for tiring out hyper pup during winter months!Published 4 months ago by VALERIE JILL PEARCE
Just what we needed for our Champ. He gets an awesome work-out and loves every minute of it. Great training tips too.Published 9 months ago by TerriS
Gave it as a gift for my grand dog Walter and he really loves to play with it, so I like it too.Published on September 8, 2013 by Linda Nishimoto
My daughter's Labadoodle loves this toy. We thought it would take a while for her to catch on to the running, but she did it on the first try. Read morePublished on August 15, 2013 by MargyBuck