5.0 out of 5 stars "Fry not. Bake. Or bake not. There is no fry."
Published on September 17, 2005 by Joseph Tidline

3.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures, but mine has a flaw
I bought this cookbook for my husband because he loves Star Wars. It was the pictures that made me want to buy this book. Each entree has a fun name like: Twin Sun Toast, Hoth Chocolate, Skywalker Smoothies, or Mos Eisley Morsels. And each page has a fun picture of the entree with Star Wars figurines.

Our cookbook goes along fine until page 38, then it jumps to...
Published on July 16, 2009 by Novel Teen

5.0 out of 5 stars "Fry not. Bake. Or bake not. There is no fry.", September 17, 2005
This review is from: Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
I received this cookbook as a gift from a friend because I am both a huge Star Wars fan and I am also a chef. She thought that this would be a perfect gift for me and she was right. The recipies in this book are simple and easy to understand. Perfect for getting the younglings involved and teaching them the basics of cooking. Also there are great photos of each item with Star Wars action figures incorperated into each photo. There are numerous recipies that will satisfy any Star Wars fan both young and old. This cookbook is a must have for any Star Wars fan but it is especially a great tool in teaching the kids how to help out in the kitchen while having fun in the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for the true Star Wars fan., January 18, 2004
This review is from: Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
This beautifully illustrated, spiral-bound, hardcover book is a must buy for any serious Star Wars fan who wants to add a touch of The Force to his or her life with the delicious recipes featured in it.
The book is divided into five sections for easy reference: Breakfasts, Beverages, Snacks and Sides, Main Courses and Desserts. Each Star Wars themed recipe is fully and clearly explained (ingredient measurements and preparation instructions) for easy understanding. The book also comes with a few foil stickers for storage and gift labeling and an introduction that contains practical advise on cooking safety and a guide of the cooking tools you'll need. As an added bonus, the pages of the book are laminated for easy, stain-free cleaning.
You will love all the recipes, and will probably recreate, the wonderfully photographed serving suggestions given in the book like the Han-Burgers, Crazy Cantina Chili and the Jabba Jiggle, which are decorated with the action figures of known characters of the original Star Wars movie trilogy. Other recipes' presentations feature enjoyable visual puns like the TIE Fighter Ties, the Twin Sun Toast and the R2-D2 Treats. Some are even very basic, but really tasty, recipes that have been given clever Star Wars-sounding names like Oola-la French Toast, Hoth Chocolate, Yoda Soda and Boba Fett-uccine.
Buy this book, and share the joy of cooking and your love of everything Star Wars with kids and adults, family and friends. And May The Force Be With You.
I would also recommend buying the Star Wars Cookbook II and The Star Wars Party Book along with this one as they all make a complete, excellent and fun idea source book for everyday cooking and Star Wars themed parties.
--Reviewed by M. E. Volmar

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really good cookbook, December 11, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
This is a great book!! When I got it, my mom was sick, but we made her Wookie Cookies and she felt better almost immediately!! (Maybe she just thought we were doing something special and felt gratitude). I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to make some quick snacks or a full course meal. I really like this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars wookie cookies-- tasty, but hairy, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
I have tried a few of the reciepies in this book and the results have been mostly delicious. although the "wookie cookies" are slightly hairy -at first- with a delightful flavor over all, and a rich after taste. Have plenty of milk handy to wash them down.

Some of the ingredients are difficult to find, but if you use the force and find a smuggler with a fast ship you should be able to procure the ingredients you are looking for.

Also in the book are the tuantaun wan tons. I encourage you to try these. they are amazing if you can get past the smell. I made some for my girlfriend/sister and she loved them!

It is worth noting that when I tried the Yoda yogurt it seemed stale, but that may have been my fault so don't let it stop you.

This book is great and a must have for any kitchen. It is roughly the size of a small thermal exhaust port and fits neatly in both a kitchen cupboard or a bookshelf. You can't go wrong (unless you give in to your anger)

Eat or do not eat, but you must buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures, but mine has a flaw, July 16, 2009

Our cookbook goes along fine until page 38, then it jumps to page 47 until it reaches page 52, then we get pages 45 & 46, then 39-44, then 53-60.

Other than that confusion (which might not be in all the copies, who knows) I thought this was a really great item. My son LOVES it and could care less that the pages are out of order.

5.0 out of 5 stars chew on this!, July 17, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
If you feel like doing the jabba jiggle, or having some ca-razy cantina chili then this book is for you. I bought this book for a friend who loved star wars & was into amateur cooking. But when I got the book I knew I needed one for myself! For you may be able to resist the dark side... but you sure can't resist any of the dark side salsa. Explore the recipes of this delighful book which includes Yoda soda, bossk brownies, jabba jello, boba fett-ucine, & lots more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kids!!, March 3, 2006
This review is from: Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
My kids are huge Star Wars fans & they love to cook. This was perfect for them!! The instructions are easy to follow & many of the recipes can be made by them alone (with me close by, of course.) By doing it on their own & with Star Wars as the theme, they tried things they wouldn't have before & they loved it!! There has only been one thing they haven't liked (Mos Eisley Morsels--they were very dry), but the Bossk Brownies, Wookie Cookies & Greedo Burrito were the best to them. It was definately worth the money!!! We have only had it a few weeks & we've tried most of it & keep going back!! Can't say enough good about it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas for your next Star Wars themed party, November 16, 2003
This review is from: Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
A friend of mine gave me this book for my birthday. I'm not into cookies, but I am definitely a Star Wars fan. The book was published in 1998, so there are no references to the prequel trilogy.
The book has a deceptive flat spine on the outside, but the inside is spiral bound so the book can lay flat on your counter - a must in any cookbook.
The book only has 29 recipes, but it is presented well. It has lots of full color photos revealing the final product - what your food should look like when you're done, and peppered in with various Star Wars action figures.
Despite its title, this is not a cookbook for just desserts - there are only 7 dessert recipes in the book. Some recipies are basic, where only the names are clever... such as "Hoth Chocolate" (which is just hot chocolate) and "Han Burgers" (which are juts plain ol' hamburgers) with a few visual puns such as the "Twin Sun Toast" and the "R2-D2 Treats."
For finicky kids who like Star Wars but typically just poke at their food, having an official Star Wars recipe may be just the thing to convince them to eat. The clever names will make you sound like a genius when you whip up some snacks to bring to work or have a party for other Star Wars fans.
The last page has some foil stickers for you to put on packages you may prepare for family or friends with such clever lines as "Use the Fork, Luke" and "Give in to your dark cravings," these are a cute addition.
It would have been nice for the author to have included either physical or web addresses for places to get Star Wars themed party supplies. Everything to R2-D2 cookie-cutters to paper table cloths, etc. I have seen these items and know they exist. Having a supply list like that would have been a nice addition to the book, as would have been stickers on a surface that is easier to write on. The foil/metalic stickers do not hold ink very well and smudge - and there are only a few stickers to begin with.
Overall, it's a fun book and a conversation starter to be sure. A good edition to add to your kitchen's reference shelf, or even as a coffee table book, this cookbook adds some creative flair to ordinary recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun reading and recipes for all ages!, April 12, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
We haven't tried every recipe in the cookbook yet, but so far, those we have tried have gotten great reviews - especially from the adults in our family! Probably the best feature of this cookbook, from a cookbook point of view, is that it has lamenated pages. . .for those times when the youngest of Jedi are somewhat messy! The pictures are a hoot, and the names given to some of the recipes: Boba Fett-ucini, Dark Side Salsa and Greedo Burritos (just to name a few) are quite clever. A must for every Star Wars fan. A fun cookbook for the entire family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome because of theme......recipes are OK, July 5, 2012
Alicia Lyon (Western North Carollina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
I bought this book for my son to give to my husband, a huge Star Wars fan, as a birthday gift. Both my son and my husband got a kick out of the pictures in the cookbook as well as the titles of the recipes. We haven't had a chance to try any of the recipes yet.

Pros:
-Star Wars theme
-MANY pictures depicting representing characters with finished product
-Recipe titles, such as "Wookie Cookies" are sure to amuse and bring giggles to the reader
-Recipes are simple enough for children to make (with supervision of course)
-Ingrediants are mostly inexpensive, easy to find and/or things most people would already have

Cons:
-Recipes are nothing new, just renamed versions of simple, basic foods
-The Star Wars appeal and association to the finished product will be lost with many of the recipes if you don't have similar toys to use as decorations to serve with it.

Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook
Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook by Robin Davis (Spiral-bound - September 1, 1998)
$18.99 $10.72