Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 19, 2012 11:43:28 AM PDT
Doc Katz says:
I have now read the first four books of Wool and I don't understand why the title of the books are "Wool". Does anyone know?

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 7:40:41 AM PDT
They use wool to do the cleanings. Also, the expression "to have the wool pulled over one's eyes".

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 3:43:13 PM PDT
The mayor was knitting in the beginning. Knitting is always a metaphor for guiding the fates of others. In fact, the "Fates" were knitters or weavers. Having a life end was cutting the thread.

Posted on May 14, 2012 7:15:43 PM PDT
Buckeye says:
The mayor was knitting with cotton yarn.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:41:12 PM PST
kimmi106 says:
The sensors were cleaned with steel wool. I didn't get the knitting connection until later on when I noticed the installment names, "Casting Off" & "Unraveled"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wool - Omnibus Edition
Wool - Omnibus Edition by Hugh Howey (Paperback - January 27, 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars (10,736)