Top critical review
Good, but needs a lot improvements
on July 21, 2012
It's the 2nd word search app I've played on Kindle Touch. There are 50 puzzles, all have 13x13 girds, 17--24 words per puzzle. Works quite well, but needs improvements in UI.
What I like:
1. Plays quite well on Kindle Touch.
2. Puzzle screen is clear and simple.
3. There is timer with pause option.
4. Playing on Kindle Touch is intuitive - you can touch-n-drag or press-n-press.
5. Good short instructions.
What I would like to see improved:
1. There are only 50 puzzles, without categories. I'd like to play more challenges in paid app.
2. No hints - they would be very useful for such puzzles.
3. Have find bug in one puzzle and do not know how app is buggy in fact... In "Barman" puzzle have find "GIN" word in very top-left corner on the grid, but it's not possible to highlight this word, because in solution it's placed in other place in the grid. App should be tested more carefully, maybe with the help of script...
4. There are only 13x13 grids - would like to play another sizes, especially smaller ones.
5. App does not remembers my last played puzzle. I.e. after I close app on some puzzle and launch app again - there is list screen instead of last viewed puzzle. It takes time to find last played puzzle or even it's not possible to remember what puzzle you have solved.
6. There is timer on each puzzle, but there is no time identification (how much time I've spent for each puzzle) in the list of puzzles.
7. List of puzzles looks like standard Kindle list, but to scroll it you need to swipe left/right, but not up/down - quite confusing.
Note: you can play app on Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX and Kindle (2nd Generation) devices.
In overall - good app if you are a BIG fun of word search puzzles, otherwise - you can be confused by some elements of the app.