Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

on February 4, 2011
I've been waiting for quite some time for a word search Kindle game. I'm a big fan of word searches. I absolutely love them. I was so tickled to find this. I bought it and began playing right away. You simply use the five way controller to select the first and last letter of the word. Very user-friendly! They do time how long it takes you to complete the puzzle but there is no deadline. I think this is a great feature - to be able to see my progress and improvement. I couldn't have asked for a better word search game. I can only ask that they make more volumes. I just can't get enough! This is a great game for a great price!
2222 comments|247 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I really had no idea of what to expect from a word search game on my Kindle. It turns out that it is a very interesting format for competing against yourself to establish a fastest time for solving the puzzles.

The solving mechanics are quite good, although most of your time on the clock will be spent moving the cursor to the correct letters rather than in actually finding the word. The puzzle starts off with a 13 x 13 letter grid with the center letter circled. You use the five-way to move to either the first or last letter of the word you are looking for, click the center of the five-way and you get a darkened circle, use the five-way to go to the other end of your word, click the center again and the word is automatically connected by a line and removed from your list to be found. All of this while the clock is running. There is also a box on the top left to show how many words out of the total you have completed. By pressing the space bar you can pause the timer, by pressing the 'menu' key you are given additional options: How to Play, Clear Puzzle, Show Solution, Pause, Next Puzzle, Previous Puzzle, Home Page. I had wondered if you could repeat solving a puzzle and the answer to that question was answered in this options menu.

These puzzles are not very difficult. Most of them contain 24 words, but one puzzle has only 17 words to be found. There are 50 total puzzles with titles such as Shakespeare, Global Landmarks, Fishing Terms, Best Movie Oscar, Detectives, Super Bowl and Guitarists. The mix of subjects seems very well balanced and I'm quite looking forward to solving all of them. These are not the kind of puzzle you expect a great challenge from, the grid is just not large enough for that, but I can see myself using this just for the fun of trying to beat my previous time score or just having it with me to pass the time while waiting for a doctor's appointment. And for the low price of under a dollar it is quite good value. A really nice portable way to solve word search puzzles without having to take along a magazine and pencil. With my memory, by the time I finish all 50 puzzles and get ready to start solving them over again, I will have forgotten where all the words were and it will all be brand new to me!
55 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2011
I like how this word search is set up. It's easy to use - very intuitive. I noticed a couple reviews talked about how much time it takes to navigate, but if you have the newest Kindle, you can just hold down the button and the cursor will zoom across the puzzle.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2011
With Word Search you get exactly what you would expect which to me is worth a five star rating. This game fits the Kindle format perfectly. You don't need graphics, sounds, bells or whistles, it's just like the Word Searches I've been buying for years. The only addition is a clock to time how long it takes to solve the puzzle and 99 cents for 50 puzzles you can't beat the price. If you like word search puzzles then you'll like this.
on February 13, 2011
This is a perfect word search for the Kindle. I had bought a different word search that said it was formatted for the Kindle, yet you needed to write down the answers as if they were on a grid - back to pen and paper. This game, however, works great on my Kindle, and I have the K2. There is no writing the answers or using notes or highlights. You just click the first letter of the word, toggle to the last letter, and click that. A line goes through the word to mark it off. I like the way the words on the list turn gray when you find them in the puzzle so you know which words you still need to find.

I would love to see more word searches like this.
on December 30, 2011
I LOVE word searches! I have always play them, so when I was surprised with my new Kindle 3g Touch, I purchased a book first and then this word search puzzle.

First; it is very easy to use with the Kindle Touch, I found that I need to use a stylus, so I am using the clear cap on an old ink gel pen, easy to see through. All you have to do is select the first and last letter of each word. The games are stimulating enough for old pros by timing yourself, and by using very unusual words that I wasn't familiar with.

Secondly; the biggest problem that I having trouble with is after I finished the first 10 puzzles in the table of contents, with the Kindle Touch it is almost impossible to page past to the next page. Most times open another puzzle that I've already completed. I have to either use menu to select next puzzle many times until I am at a new puzzle, or go back and see if I can slide just the RIGHT way, so that the Kindle will page forward and not open a puzzle.

If the software could put in a fix that allows the Kindle touch users to page forward at the bottom of the table of contents, it would make this a 5 star review, and me a lot happier, since I have already purchased all of the other search games from this seller.
44 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2011
Finally a word search game that actually works with Kindle! I'm very pleased with this game. Though I don't like being timed and try to ignore the timer clock lol. But the good thing is that I can find a few words... leave the game, then come back later and continue where I left off. The words and timer will continue where you left off.
on February 9, 2011
My title pretty much says it all. There are 50 different word searches, and each is a different topic. If, you get through all 50, you won't remember the answers to the 1st puzzle, so it's worth it. I love it so much! If you get bored with a puzzle, you can get out and do another without erasing everything in the puzzle you were already doing. It is worth the $0.99. Get it.
on February 4, 2011
I thought the navigation might be too clunky, but it's ok. Word Search fun on the Kindle. If you like this kind of thing, it's cool.
on April 22, 2011
this is great when your waiting in the doctors office or at a restaurant. My husband and i do these together while we wait for our food.

See 1 answered question