5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference Book
Published 13 months ago by My Internet Scout

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks OK for blogs; not so much for general websites
My interest is in creating general websites using WordPress. I must have read something into this description that just wasn't there, because 99% of the content is directed to blogs. Sigh. Didn't have trouble with the binding as another reviewer had, because I had (and prefer) an electronic version.
Published 16 months ago by Websquad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference Book, September 25, 2013
This review is from: WordPress All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
As someone who runs an Internet marketing firm in Silicon Valley, this book and Lisa's other 'WordPress for Dummies' book is as close to gospel as a hard bound book can get. I have the latest copy of this book (and WordPress for Dummies and Blogging for Dummies) on my office shelf. I don't refer to it as much as I once did, but it's worth the purchase every time Lisa publishes a new addition to address WordPress version changes.

The caveat... No matter how much Lisa tries to simplify the material, this book is not for Dummies. Many times throughout the book, she'll jump from something very basic to coding in html, php and css. If a reader doesn't have a background in these areas, they can easily feel overwhelmed - but this shouldn't discourage anyone from purchasing the book, because it is the best on the topic.

WordPress, best practices and SEO are in a state of constant change. So, make certain when you decide to purchase this book, or any WordPress-centric book, that its contents are covering the latest version of WordPress.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks OK for blogs; not so much for general websites, June 13, 2013
Websquad "Bob" (Lexington KY USA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for dummies, October 8, 2013
This review is from: WordPress All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
A bewildering book that goes into the technical aspects of Word press in great detail. This book is not for dummies but for advanced Word Press programmers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book! I would tell anyone looking, get it., April 1, 2014
This review is from: WordPress All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
Excellent book. Everything I could want to know, I now know. It served its purpose well. If you want to learn about WP, this is your book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creating my Blog., January 2, 2014
This review is from: WordPress All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
It helped me create my own blog with no ones help and that made me feel really GREAT.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book for Determined WordPress Beginners, August 30, 2014
This review is from: WordPress All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
I purchased the full version of this - about 2" thick. I have now read all but the last 50 of the more than 800 pages in the book.

It's an excellent introduction to WordPress, and a good starting point for anyone serious about starting to build a website in WordPress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, August 30, 2014
Autumn (Seattle, Washington United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WordPress All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
I am a beginner with WordPress and have been reading various books on the process of setting up a blog. While some of the chapters are more technical, in general I found this book to be the most well-written and clearest of those I perused on this topic. Many helpful tips included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Resume a lot of information, August 19, 2014
If you doesn't have much time to search the web, this book is a good start. it gives a good starting point to every aspect of wordpress and paves the way for further knowledge if needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another For Dummies Book Added to my Library, May 20, 2014
This review is from: WordPress All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
This is my go-to reference for WordPress. Takes a lot of guess work out of the platform. Highly recommend this to anyone who has just started a Wordpress blog.

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Title, November 6, 2013
This review is from: WordPress All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
For a total beginner, this book is difficult to read and is very discouraging. It assumes that you have some experience.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

WordPress All-in-One For Dummies
WordPress All-in-One For Dummies by Lisa Sabin-Wilson (Paperback - May 28, 2013)
$34.99 $20.66