5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I found this years ago.
Published 15 months ago by Mr. Twenty Twenty

2.0 out of 5 stars Full of information, but not balanced or comprehensive
While waiting for this and other WordPress guides to arrive, I managed to set up my WordPress.org website artchester.net, selecting both Themes and Plugins. So naturally I was interested to see what the author of this book had to offer, to see whether I had made the correct choices.
Published 7 months ago by Retired Scientist

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I found this years ago., January 23, 2013
This review is from: WordPress Most Potent Plugins and Themes - 60 Reviews & over 190 Themes & Plugins Listed (Kindle Edition)
I am a wordpress publisher. I know my stuff. With that said, this has to be the best wordpress reference I have ever come across. Could it be better? Sure. What book can't be improved upon. Do I agree with all the author's opinions. Nope. I've been around the block a few times, and have my own preferences. With that said, his book will still benefit me greatly - for years - because I know where to get decent opinions and honest reviews quickly. And I can even search it on my kindle. If you are online, or thinking of setting up or running a wordpress site, this one is a no brainer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Full of information, but not balanced or comprehensive, August 29, 2013
In short, I was disappointed. Several security Plugins I had reviewed and rejected were presented without mentioning their drawbacks (that they keep asking you for money when you use them!), and the one I found to be best (All In One WP Security) was not even reviewed.
In the social media area, the NextScripts Social Network Auto Posting plugin was not reviewed, but I had found it to be the most capable one for my purposes.
And a couple of plugins I consider very important - JetPack and Child Themify - were not mentioned at all, that I could see. Which brings up another beef -- there's no alphabetical index! So unless you want to read hundreds of entries in the table of contents, you can't find out what is included and what isn't.
I conclude that the author patched together a bunch of info from the internet, put a cover on it and published it. Not a thoughtful unbiased review of what's available, so far as I can see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Help, January 24, 2013
Amazon Customer (Lexington, KY United States) - See all my reviews
Being somewhat new to WordPress I've been extremely frustrated with what themes to use, which plugins were good, etc... I cannot tell you how many plugins I have installed that did not work and had to delete. This book is a GREAT help in that it shows you exactly what to do, why to do it, and gives you step-by-step instruction. It also goes into detail on which themes to use, which plugins work best, and even gives screenshots that are very helpful. I am very happy that I got this book and have no doubt it will be a wonderful help to me in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book saved my time, March 30, 2013
The author saved my time by writing an overview of some useful plugins. There are thousands of plugins and themes available today but everyone needs a starting point to effectively search. The author gave me my starting point.
In the beginning, the author goes through WordPress themes installation step-by-step. The instructions and screenprints are very concise. Every plug-in listed in the book follows the plan-map: price, description, pros, cons, rating, conclusion and alternative options. The book is well worth the money. The author has done a good job.

Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Info Especially for Beginners, August 1, 2013
Anytime I can learn a few nuggets I'm happy. And that's what I got with this book. It was easy to flip through to find the info I wanted and the info was presented in an easy-to-understand way. If you're looking for the "bible" of Wordpress plugins and themes, you'll be disappointed. But if you're a beginner on WordPress I think this book will be beneficial. If you're a more advanced Wordpress user, then expect to pick up a few nuggets but don't expect to be bowled over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of helpful information about plugins., October 30, 2013
Chocked full of different themes and plugins, along with descriptions, rating info, functionality and more. I found this book to be helpful for someone like me who is a novice at WordPress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, July 27, 2013
This book gives a good overview of the world of WordPress Plugins and lots of intuition as to what separates them. This is one of the books that I would put on the must have list if you are serious about creating real sites in WordPress.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, June 16, 2013
Barbara Miller (Soldotna, AK, US) - See all my reviews
This book provided good, straightforward reviews of several good plugins and themes. I've got a few ready for download. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, June 9, 2013
Not disappointed at all. Gave me answers that I wanted. I work with Wrdpress alot so I wanted to know what plugins were the best. This was a great guide to help me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate 2013 WordPress Themes and Plugins Guide, May 17, 2013
This book is packed with a lot of good information and recommendations. It has assisted me in determining some of the types of themes and plugins that I should consider when I start my online business. I found the reviews to be unbiased and didn't just push certain products but gave many options to choose from (and at the same time encourage you to search the internet on your own to gain perspective on the infinite number of themes and plugins available for use). I would definitely recommend this book to anyone wanting to establish a starting point in determining where and what to look for, in order to enhance the WordPress platform.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›