5.0 out of 5 stars Great gym lock
Love this lock. It is so much easier to open than traditional dial-type combo locks. Great for frequent trips from the gym floor back to the locker for a drink of protein juice, etc. Very solidly build/high quality.
Published 9 months ago by Gerry M

1.0 out of 5 stars Third time's no charm -- AVOID
I bought three of these locks to use on lockers at the boarding stable. The tack lockers are outside, but under cover. All three locks failed within two months and had to be cut off. A complete waste of money.

Published on October 31, 2011 by Gina Spadafori

1.0 out of 5 stars Third time's no charm -- AVOID, October 31, 2011
This review is from: Wordlock PL-096-A1 Sports Lock, Assorted Colors (Tools & Home Improvement)

I replaced them with the 70 mm discus version from the same company. Haven't had a bit of trouble with the more expensive model, which seems far better made and works everytime.

The SportLock is cuter, lighter, smaller (and cheaper), but I simply cannot recommend it and will never buy another. Pure junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gym lock, April 18, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Lock, December 5, 2011
This lock is great! I really love the words not numbers idea. I use it on a small storage outside and love it. Don't have to remember a number or a key, just set the lock with your favorite word. Great Product! I would recommend to my friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!, November 23, 2011
This product is simple amazing! It's light, small and very cute. I can reset the password to a word that I will never forget. I am not a number person, so I love this "Word Not Number" idea! I used it on our outdoor locker and the blue color of the lock body does not fade away. It definitely worth my money. I highly recommend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed in 7 months, June 18, 2014
JS-DC (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
Bought it, used it without problem for 7 months, then yesterday it wouldn't open. Tried everything, but no go. Had to cut it off. From now on I'm sticking with Master Lock.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is as bad as it gets, January 16, 2015
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT BUY this lock.

In the short span of two months, I had to have this lock cut by gym staff. That's right, TWICE.

Within the first few weeks, my first Worldlock failed to recognize the code I had setup and I had to have it cut from my locker. The store I bought it from was nice enough to give me a new one, although they would NOT let me pick a different type of lock.

Then, right on schedule, the second lock refused to open. Gym staff to cut the lock A SECOND TIME.

A lock literally has two functions, open and close - that is it. This lock fails to complete one of the two functions it was designed for.

Complete and utter failure.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, January 11, 2015
Daniel Klein (Smyrna, GA, US) - See all my reviews
The first Wordlock Sports Lock I purchased decided to not open after I set the password for the very first time, and had to be cut off my gym locker. E-mailed customer service and they told me the warranty doesn't cover me not remembering my password...super helpful. This wasn't the case, but I decided maybe I set the lock wrong and bought another one. This one worked great for a few months...and then had to be cut off another gym locker after it decided to stop working again. I never changed the password throughout the duration of using the lock. I would pass on this product, too unreliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Lock Holds The Key To My Heart, August 19, 2014
I love these locks! Love them!

I have far too many number passcodes stored in my head, I have locks all over that are useless because I've forgotten all the numbers. But alas, I can use a real word! How cool is that?

These are very durable, the only problem I've had is with my husband somehow unknowingly changing the password because he tosses the lock when it's unlocked. Just make sure to keep it in the locked position, don't lay it somewhere unlocked.

1.0 out of 5 stars If heads, Wordlock wins. If tails, customers still lose., December 20, 2013
Broke after about 12 uses. Customer service - which promised much, failed. I really liked the idea of this lock, but mine stopped working after a month of use (perhaps 12 uses total). Irksome customer service promised help by email to troubleshoot problem. Received one email back stating that they heard my request and would get back to me as soon as they could. That was a month ago. If the company had offered to replace lock if they did not have time to troubleshoot for customers one-by-one, then that would have been acceptable. I would have applauded the customer service and disregarded the mediocre product they are selling. As it is, no follow up response from the company and I would have to pay about $7 to ship the broken lock to them in order to receive a new lock (of dubious durability) worth about $7. Not great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Waste Your Money on This Piece of Junk, March 23, 2013
J. Knapp (Tuscola, IL.) - See all my reviews
This lock made it through one very mild Midwestern winter before completely seizing up. I just had to smash it open with a hammer, which brings up another reason to avoid this worthless lock -- 3 solid swings from a hammer and I had this thing destroyed. That's it. No screwdriver. No pliers. Just 3 hits with a hammer. I am no Paul Bunyan. If you want something that can take a little more than 3 hits from a hammer without failing look elsewhere.

The convenience of a letter combination is nice, but ultimately not worth it. Find something else if reliability and security matter to you. Maybe this company makes a better product. I know they can't make one any worse than this.

I wouldn't put this on my shed again if I got another for free.