5.0 out of 5 stars TOP HIGH BOOK READ ABOUT TOM WAITS WORLD
I've read many books about Tom Waits both in italian and english language (I'm writing from Italy)almost 11.
Published on December 28, 2009 by Damiano Franchina

1.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight highbrow thumbsucking
Published 18 days ago by Craig Stoltz

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP HIGH BOOK READ ABOUT TOM WAITS WORLD, December 28, 2009
This is the best one related to the analysis of Tom Waits sounds-world creation and lyrics deep check, the fact that Mrs Kessel is a musician help very much the whole thing moreover considered that she had cooperate with Tom in BLACK RIDER.This book is the deepest text about the Tom Waits style all over his own 40 years of music career,in many book lines while I was reading I've found the exact description of my own feelings felt while I was listening that song considerated.
Mrs Kessel take a wide look also on the process of creation and on the double side: Waits as a man and Waits as an istrument of expression taking into consideration the voice, sounds landscapes, styles, periods of creation and all the needful details for define the "TOM WAITS WORLD".
After more than 12 years of listening and descovering Tom Waits this is the most helpful book to go into and deep inside his own music.Only one thing: there is no Tom Waits contribution to this book and no "thanks" by Mrs Kessel to Tom Waits and these two aspects sounds a little bit strange knowing Tom way of view about things that involve his music and works.
However I sugget this book to all the fans that has the needing to know that "...something more" about Tom Waits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supremely Intelligent Thoughts on the Lyrics of Tom Waits, May 18, 2009
thedre (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
Sorry..keeping this short. Corrine goes further than any other writer, including Barney Hoskyns, in delving into the world of Tom Waits lyrics. A true sense here of a real master's thesis, and not another tell all, review, or regurgitation of Tom's life. This book is actually a challenge. Thanks for making it.
(Mosses........)

1.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight highbrow thumbsucking, November 30, 2014
Craig Stoltz (Bethesda, MD, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Words and Music of Tom Waits (The Praeger Singer-Songwriter Collection) (Kindle Edition)
This reads like a dissertation written under a weak advisor. Please understand that I feel about Tom Waits the way a Trekkie feels about Spock. I will read every word, watch any video, pay any price to feed my obsession. But this is little more than an accumulation of admirations and thin observations delivered in mannered academese. It is overlong, underinformed, and somehow, despite the subject's utterly original vitality and richness, almost completely joyless. And $35! WTF?