4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome teachers aid,
Published on January 19, 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars school
Great book for my remediation group of third graders. We are working on syllables, prefixes and suffixes. The older ones love sorting.
Published 12 months ago by Ann Patterson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome teachers aid,, January 19, 2009
This review is from: Words Their Way Word Sorts for Syllables and Affixes Spellers (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
Ever been told to find a new way to teach spelling, and been given absolutely no instruction about it at all? Yeah, I teach fourth grade GT language arts. That scenario fell to me the day before school started this year. After searching around a good bit, I wanted to get into more intermediate rules and practical applications that would help writers on the state mandated writing test. Words Their Way was a good start, but I had no time to prep a lot of materials or read a lot of research that suggested possibilities. I knew how kids spelled constructively, but how to make the leap? Its not intuitive when you are the middle of high stakes teaching. Spending $[...] on this book brought me peace of mind and a lesson plan come Monday morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, October 3, 2008
I would recommend this resource to any teacher using Words Their Way...it cuts down planning time in half, plus it's user friendly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Words Their Way: Syllables and Affixes, April 7, 2009
Ruth Ann Brooks "rab" (Burke, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Syllables and Affixes is the most difficult of the spelling stages to teach. Words Their Way: Syllables and Affixes clearly describes how to teach the features of this phase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tool!, May 23, 2009
I love the Word Their Way book and spelling program but doing lesson plans as a warm up for 5 reading groups 3 or 4 times a week was overwhelming. This series of books allows me to quickly prepare my warm up activites so every group gets differentiated instruction. What a lifesaver!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for homeschool, August 30, 2011
Laurie Yoder (Ann Arbor, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This is a practical presentation of developmental spelling, and easy to use for a homeschool parent. Word sorts are printed out on grids, so all I need to do is copy off the page and my daughter cuts them apart. Each sort includes instructions for the teacher or parent to introduce and extend the lesson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, March 28, 2010
I have been using this series for 3 years so my students have spelling words at their level. I love the way the books lay out all of the sorts and explain how each one works. My students' spelling have all improved greatly from it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, November 6, 2009
I teach a decoding class for remedial sixth grade students. This book helps me make reading fun, and it saves me time in creating word sort activities.

3.0 out of 5 stars school, February 11, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great improvements, April 20, 2012
The new Syllables and Affixes (formerly Syllable Juncture) sorts are great! For years as a second grade teacher, I've only had the Within Word and Letter name sort books and put together my own sorts for above-grade-level spellers, but have the sequenced sort books makes life much easier especially in teacher the stage features beyond e-drop and doubling! The lessons preceding each feature are also helpful reminders as the bulk of my students are not S&A stage spellers.

The new version is also 3-hole punched, so one could transfer it into a binder, and has a cool matte cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Words Their Way, June 21, 2011
If you truly plan on implementing Words Their Way...you MUST have these supplemental books. Worth the small investment. Pages can be torn out, or spiral bound or put in a 3-ring binder for ease in copying. They do go hand in hand with original WTW book, so keep them both for creating word lists and games.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Words Their Way Word Sorts for Syllables and Affixes Spellers (2nd Edition)
Words Their Way Word Sorts for Syllables and Affixes Spellers (2nd Edition) by Shane R. Templeton (Paperback - April 26, 2008)
$29.40 $19.17