5.0 out of 5 stars No more Tears!
I began homeschooling my daughter after her 4th year in the public school system. She showed very little interest in writing, and each writing exercise we attempted ended in failure (incomplete and stained with tears!). I enrolled her in a writing course, which she attended outside the home classroom. The result was the same.
Then, I found Wordsmith Apprentice...
Published on October 16, 2008 by K. Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was secular
Published 7 months ago by D.D. Popcorn

5.0 out of 5 stars No more Tears!, October 16, 2008
This review is from: Wordsmith Apprentice: Writing Excellence Through Unique, Skill-Buidling Exercises for Grades 4-6 (Paperback)
Then, I found Wordsmith Apprentice ... and everything changed. From the very first page, my daughter was engaged, happy, and eager to move on. Now, the only problem I face is getting her to STOP writing!
She loves the format, as she moves through the pages completing her new "job" as a small town newspaper reporter (she'll earn the position of "editor", soon). I love the fact that key language concepts, such as parts of speech and sentence structure, are very well explained and practiced throughout. *Note: There are small, periodic references to God, which may or may not suit you. They are easily skipped over, if you prefer.*
Wordsmith Apprentice has been a lifesaver in our home!

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeschool Heaven, June 14, 2011
I bought this for my son to use for language arts. This series opens the imagination and welcomes the student to the world of writing. Each section appeals to different styles of learning. My visual learner loved the comic section and enjoyed being a reporter.

This series is an amazing introduction in to the world of writing and shows you how the mechanics can be learned in an exciting and memorable way.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun!, February 19, 2011
My son and I both really enjoyed working through this book! He used it as a 3rd grader so some of the topics were a bit advanced for him but it was written so that I could work around that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was secular, December 7, 2013
This is a decent grammar and writing program. I got it because it was recommended by a friend, however, I didn't realize when I'd ordered it that it is a Christian book. As secular homeschoolers, we found this very annoying. I had read reviews online on other sites before purchasing it and it was listed as "Christian-friendly" but I would say it is very Christian. Aside from this the format is good. The assignments are put together like newspaper assignments so there is a usefulness to all the lessons rather just busywork.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, December 29, 2011
Wordsmith Apprentice is an excellent resource. I am having my older children complete this book before completing the next level. I want them to have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of writing.

Rate and Discover Movies