Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 12, 2012
A handy short guide on where and HOW to look for jobs that you can do at home online. An easy to read book that will only take half an hour or so to get through but in it there are over 100 links to sources of information and direct links to businesses looking for people to work for them on a remote basis. I haven't checked every one of those links but I did recognise some of the names and I know they are legitimate sources of work opportunities. There were also a very large number that I hadn't heard of too.

Some of the jobs will require certain technical skills or knowledge but the vast majority won't require much more skill than being able to use a word processor, use a phone, or being reasonably analytical and organised.

There is a section on how to avoid being scammed and it would be worth buying the book just for that section alone. It's easy to get ripped off and there is some useful advice on how to do your due diligence to avoid becoming another statistic.

The book provides a great source of material to help point you in the right direction when looking for a job and just like applying for any job you are not guaranteed to get it. If there is a criticism of the book then that would be it, it doesn't advise on how to win that job, I guess that would be the topic for a completely different book or an extra few chapters (don't forget my commission Lee of you decide to write that one now I have given you the idea!)

Overall it does what it says, 100+ links and ideas to get you on the road to possibly a whole new career path.
on August 14, 2012
The internet so often seems like a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it has made working from home a feasible possibility for both full-time and part-time workers. On the other hand, searching for a job online can be fraught with hazard. The possibilities are endless, but it is difficult to discern which opportunities are really jobs and which ones are scams, or at least a waste of time and resources.

Enter Lee Mellott, with her well-researched and information-filled book "Work from Home Jobs." To me, this book is a prime example of the power of the Kindle platform. A book like this doesn't make sense in the old publishing format. A good portion on its content is links to companies that hire online. From your Kindle, you can simply click and check out the opportunity in seconds. Ms. Mellot has obviously spent a great deal of time searching through job types and opportunities to give the reader a solid place from which to start his or her job search. It is more than worth the cost of this book to take advantage of all the hard work Ms. Mellott has done. Skip the Google searches and all the scams on Craigslist and start your job hunt here!

The content of this book is primarily to reveal companies that hire on-line and from-home workers for both full and part-part time jobs. Ms. Mellot details in each chapter the kind of work and pay that can be expected in each industry. She also points out the necessary skills, home office and attitude you need to succeed in each job. This is a jobs book - she has not included building on-line businesses and affiliate marketing opportunities. I think the book is stronger for that ommission. There is plenty written elsewhere on on the topic of how to grow your own business on the internet. I originally found Ms. Mellott's writing through her excellent Article Traffic Jackpot product, which details how to promote articles that your write for social media and revenue-sharting websites. Her Website Traffic Step By Step Guide - Spreadsheet Included + Bonus List Building 101 is high on my Kindle reading list. I think that "Work from Home Jobs" is stronger for not including that type of work but sticking mostly to employee jobs.

I am a person who loves researching and understanding the details of topics. But I also value my time. With this book, I don't need to waste my time researching bogus jobs and opportunities. If you are at all considering pursuing working from home, you should not hesitate to add this book to your Kindle collection.
on August 23, 2012
I viewed the links under "Medical Transcription & Coding" and "Quick Gig Sites" and they're all bogus. There was a broken link, one site requiring (paid) membership to be able to access the jobs, jobs paying literally $0.01-0.03 for menial jobs (after 25 of these errands, you would have earned maybe a quarter) - I've fallen into this trap before, never again, MAJOR waste of time, energy, and information given away. The author seems to have just looked online for work-at-home websites (and seems to have done a rather half-arsed job). I was hoping she'd have actually tested these websites or something - gone in and have done a few jobs per website, but she just copied and pasted a bunch of websites. This e-book is available for free (at least for the time being); even so, I wouldnt waste harddrive space or the energy into getting it. It's a waste of time, and well, time is money, right? Also, be wary of the other *glowing* reviews. *sniff* *sniff* Do you smell that, too?
33 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2012
Had to respond to a reader stating that the medical coding links don't work, since that is my field. I tried several links, and they do work. There is some good advice in this book, but I think the best is " if it looks to good to be true...it probably is!". The book was free, there is some good info, grammar and spelling is not bad - what more could you want in a Kinde freebie?
on August 23, 2012
I write from home, but in a different way - I work for myself. My husband sometimes talks about making a few extra bucks online so I thought I'd look for him. Right away, I saw links to two companies that friends work for (duh - I never even thought of these for my husband) so I knew the book was on the right track. My one friend works full time from home at one of the call center websites, and my other friend goes out for one of the other websites and checks movie previews. I myself have worked as a mystery shopper, as described in the book, although that's not a ton of money in a small city. Lots of good practical information here that is real.
on August 14, 2012
If you are a stay at home mom, or stay at home spouse, or someone looking to make some money at home, then this is a great starter book.

It shows you the things to avoid.

It tells you the good places to find work at home opportunities.

It then goes on to tell you about the different types of work at home jobs you can have. With examples of each, and where to go to find sources of work in those categories.

Everything you need to get you started working at home is in this book.
on August 13, 2012
I have to say that I have been disappointed in the past with websites that proclaim to have the direct links to work from home jobs. This book is completely the opposite. It is packed with valid links to trustworthy work from home job opportunities. I really enjoyed the author's honesty and insight about what working from home is really like. It gives the reader a true to life description of what they can expect, what is likely and what is unlikely. It also includes good information on how to avoid scams, which abound in work from home job searches. If I had found this book when my son was born I would not have missed out on being home with him for the first two years! I highly suggest that anyone who is interested in working from home should read this book. It is possible to break out of the box and create the life that you desire, and this book is a great first step to take in that direction.
on February 23, 2013
I was really curious and picked up this book, as I had worked for 3 1/2 years as an at-home Customer Service Rep for one of the larger outsourcing centers--which she mentioned in the book. There are so many of them, and they are always looking for qualified applicants to take calls right from home--from credit card services to auto clubs. I applied to several at the time, and it does take a few weeks testing time and phone interviews, but it is completely legit, and you can make great money doing this--right at home.

I have always wondered about being a mystery shopper, and the author gave me several different websites that I could go to to check this out. This is an amazing resource that I will turn to again and again. In this economy, people need all the help that they can get, and this fantastic guide will give them the hope and the guidance that they are so desperately seeking.
on August 10, 2012
Without a doubt, this is one of the BEST books I have ever read on making money from home.

This author obviously put a LOT of effort and research into finding viable options and companies that actually pay people to work from home.

It's also a great resource on what to look for, what to be aware of, and how to make it work.

Much of the content here is completely new to me, and she had some fabulous ideas I had never thought of.

Kudos to you, Lee! I think this book will be a difference maker for MANY!

UPDATE: I like this book so much that I just loaned it to a good friend of mine that really needs some work from home income fast. This book is an excellent resource of REAL work from home opportunities.
on December 26, 2012
I really enjoyed reading through this book and plan on trying some of the companies listed. The only thing that I did not like was the fact that at some points in the ebook, I could not go to the next page. I would have to look up the location and skip until the page would load. This happened at about 3-4 locations in the book. Please fix this problem and send out an update. Thanks for the very informative info!!!