- File Size: 130 KB
- Print Length: 48 pages
- Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press (June 25, 2013)
- Publication Date: June 25, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00DFM4XE4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #749,355 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$3.99|
Save $0.96 (24%)
Work Smarter with LinkedIn Kindle Edition
|Length: 48 pages|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
She blogs for the Harvard Business Review (http://bit.ly/awshbr), and her writing on technology issues has appeared in media outlets like the Wall Street Journal, Macworld, TheAtlantic.com and Oprah.com. A frequent speaker on the business and social impact of the Internet, she is represented by the Lavin Agency.
Alex holds a Ph.D. in Political Science from Harvard University and a B.A. in Politics from Oberlin College.
Top Customer Reviews
"This book suggests that you accept only LinkedIn connections that pass the favor test: people for whom you would do a favor, or of whom you would ask a favor."
What she means is to use LinkedIn primarily as a virtual roladex through which you connect to your 1st and 2nd degree LinkedIn connections, much as you do in real life. People whom you truly know (who will do you a favor), and people for whom you know at least enough to be willing to do them a favor. This contrasts with how many other authors present LinkedIn and how LinkedIn presents itself: they want you to gain as many connections as possible, be as busy as possible posting status updates, InMail and connection requests. It also contrasts with the idea of only connecting on LinkedIn with people you actually know. LinkedIn, she correctly points out, is really a social network about favors.
Quality, she argues, over quantity.
Why the Difference? What is Your Purpose on LinkedIn?
Different people have different purposes on LinkedIn, and you are best served if you identify what your own purposes are on LinkedIn. Some people (like myself) are teachers, speakers, educators - we touch many thousands of people, and in turn, might want to "use" those people (if I can be so crude) to do things like promote our books or workshops. For us, more connections is a good thing; and we are really using LinkedIn in broadcast mode. Others, like salespeople, also want a broad network yet still retain the ability to identify who they really know, because salespeople are seeking to use one connection to make a connection to another.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Work Smarter with LinkedIn is all about building professional relationships that will help you succeed in your current job or set you up with new opportunities. Read morePublished on October 19, 2013 by Courtney Kleshinski
It provided me with the basics I needed but I still don't understand the maximum usage of Linked]in. Read morePublished on August 15, 2013 by pete parrott
This short ebook is not much longer than an extended weekend newsmagazine article. It was OK, but nothing special as far as I could tell. Read morePublished on July 2, 2013 by Jeff Lippincott
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Money > Skills
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Social Media for Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Computers & Technology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Education & Reference > Business Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Job Hunting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management > Management Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Skills