Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
on August 8, 2010
I love this book. I picked it up when I was 18 or so and the general tone that working abroad is actually possible inspired me and made me willing to consider it. The specific advice is helpful (I think the review that sent me to the book said the advice "verges on the bizarre" - ask to sleep in empty jail cells, for instance!).

Many people in the US firmly believe that the only way to go abroad is to get the blessing of the Peace Corps (for which something like 1 out of 5 applicants are selected), a "placement organization" for English teachers that charges a couple thousand dollars, or a full-time job that pays your airfare and sends you abroad for a few weeks. This book shares ideas to show that those are not the only ways - you may not use all the ideas but if you are considering going abroad independently, you need to check out this book.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on November 27, 2006
So far I've only read Teaching English Abroad. I'm hoping this book is just a current version of that book, because TEA is phenomenal. BTW, I am American, and the paragraph about Americans not finding work only concerns Saudi Arabia. Those Americans who don't find helpful info in this book couldn't shoot fish in a barrel with a shotgun.

I'm glad I read the reviews for this book, as I got a chuckle from the English Teachers (I suppose) who write "wanderlust" as "wonder lust," and write, "if you have few money."
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again