4.0 out of 5 stars Very Diverse
I like this magazine but I received one issue then I stopped getting it. I appreciate that it had a range of working mothers in it.
Published 14 months ago by K Lang

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for...
Published on November 14, 2007 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for..., November 14, 2007
This review is from: Working Mother (Magazine)
I would hoping this magazine would be something helpful to us "average" working mothers (read: not high-ups in a big corporation). I would love to read articles on time management, handling guilt, finding a good daycare, etc. Instead, this magazine prints lots of articles on what other companies are doing that's great for working moms (good for them, what does that help me?) and profiles women who make 6-figure salaries while raising kids. I'm sure there's a target audience out there who like this magazine, but it sure isn't me. Let me emphasize, too, that I'm not the mom who hates her job but works to put food on the table. I like my job and choose to work, but I just don't find this magazine helpful or interesting at all. Highly disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for your regular working mom, December 28, 2009
NE688 "NE688" (Nebraska, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Working Mother (Magazine)
I bought Working Mother thinking that it would be filled with great tips on time management, recipes for food kids will actually eat (and don't take all day to prepare) and fashion tips for people who shop at JCPenney, not Banana Republic or Bloomingdales. This wasn't the magazine for that. It might be great for high-end moms who make $100k and have nannies but it seems to be oblivious to other working mom needs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Useful At All, August 15, 2010
This review is from: Working Mother (Magazine)
I've read the past 6 or 7 issues of this magazine because they subscribe to it at the office where I work. It's definitely not worth paying for.

They LOVE to highlight corporations who are helping working mothers and it often comes across as just free publicity for these companies. It's great that these companies are supporting working women, but not all of us working moms work there, so what's the point?

They also spend time each magazine highlighting certain working moms, but personally, I've never been able to relate to the women they highlight. Another reviewer commented that it's women making 6 figures, and I highly doubt that's the average American working mom. I guess this magazine is targeted to a specific type of audience, that just doesn't include me.

Skip this one and stick with the other parenting magazines for more useful info. This one just doesn't have all that much for the average working mom.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only targets executives, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Working Mother (1-year automatic renewal) (Magazine)
This magazine doesn't have anything useful for the majority of working mothers. Whether you're working for minimum wage, or you're in a professional field, it doesn't matter, this magazine is not aimed at you. If you're not the CEO of Kraft Foods, I wouldn't recommend this magazine to you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money, September 8, 2010
This review is from: Working Mother (1-year automatic renewal) (Magazine)
The first few I got, I flipped through in less than 15 minutes. There wasn't much that interested me. It's geared toward high-paid executives. There was a lot of profiles of moms that didn't help me at all. Even though I got this magazine at a discount, I wish I hadn't have wasted my money. I now flip through in less than a few minutes and then trash it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed, disappointed even., April 19, 2013
This review is from: Working Mother (Magazine)
I ordered this magazine thinking that it would give helpful tips for quick dinners, good advice on how to handling guilt as a working mother, money saving tips ect. I was even hopeful for quick makeup tips or great ways to keep your kids busy while I try to get ready for work in the morning. Instead I felt like this magazine is only success stories of working women, articles on executive level women and what companies hire mostly women. I am very happy for those women who can relate to the articles, but I cannot. It wasn't at all what I thought and I find it quite boring. Once in a while there are some good articles or tips. I thought this was aimed more towards middle class working mothers, not high salary executive women.

1.0 out of 5 stars It never came., July 26, 2013
This review is from: Working Mother (Magazine)
I ordered the magazine in April and it was scheduled to get here late June. I never saw it. I was really looking forward to reading it too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Diverse, June 16, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for over 40 eyes ..., March 27, 2013
aby (GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Working Mother (1-year automatic renewal) (Magazine)
I'm not a huge fan of most of the articles ~ glad my subscription was free. Even if you do think the subject matter is a good fit for you, just be advised that the font is the tiniest I have ever seen outside of a telephone book. If you need readers, you're going to need stronger ones for this magazine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Look forward to receiving each issue...want to read on iPad wo buying another subscription, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Working Mother (1-year automatic renewal) (Magazine)
Look forward to receiving each issue. Disappointed as I want to read on iPad wo buying another subscription as I can with out mags I subscribe to but can't seem to do that. Needs more low cost solutions for dinners, and cleaning solutions, not everyone subscribing is high paid executive

Working Mother (1-year automatic renewal)
$28.00 $9.97