Automotive Holiday Deals Tradein Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Shop Now bgg

on April 4, 2013
I'm not meaning to be down on Wreckless Eric. His songs here are fine. But I confess that I like Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby because I am a longtime Amy Rigby fan. If you are too, you should at least buy the songs "Rebel Girl, Rebel Girl," "Genovese Bag," and "Do You Remember That." These are vintage Amy songs.
on December 3, 2012
If you love Amy Rigby, you should buy this cd. If you don't love Amy Rigby, I don't know why we are talking. If you don't know Amy Rigby, check the Christgau Consumer Guide; no point in my duplicating what he has done. (He rates this one as an A-). Wreckless Eric dates from the early days of Stiff Records and has done some good things. I don't love him the way I love Amy Rigby and am not happy that he got to marry her but I am happy that they seem to be happy. If you must: good songs - melodies and lyrics, small rockish combo style, slight production. I'd like to have them for dinner, a few drinks and everybody plays some favourite songs on the cd / turntable.
(I would go with 4 1/2 stars if I could.)
on March 7, 2013
Anyone familiar with this artistic couple knows that they never hold back, and aren't afraid of showing off the most intimate details of their inner lives. This album certainly doesn't disappoint, with reminiscences about the sordid underbelly of the music industry from under which they managed to crawl out intact together. I'll admit, Amy's story of how she fell in love with Eric brings a smile to my face every time. Yes, there's a heap of sentimentality spooned in, but overall, it's a tasty brew. My only complaint is on the studio work. I felt at times like I was hearing a mashup of different songs being played together at the same time. I don't dismiss such techniques out of hand, especially with regard to echoes of punk. However, at times, the sensation jarred me out of my reverie, reminding me that I was listening to an album and not sitting around with Amy and Eric and friends jamming away in their living room. I'm very glad I bought it, though, and want to delve deeper into their respective discographies.
on February 22, 2013
The CD starts off strong with "A Darker Shade of Brown" -- witty lyrics and a catchy melody. Found myself singing it for quite awhile later. This is their 2nd CD of tunes written together and it's showing that they're getting comfy with each other and having fun together. If you like straight ahead 60's style rock with witty lyrics and a modern sensibility then you'll be as pleased with this as I am. I really like listening to this one in the car since most of it's easy to sing along with (yeah, I'm one of those people you see singing in their car). Enjoy!