4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for beginners
Tamilee guides you through figuring out what your body type is and what sports might be suited for you.
Where she excels, though is on working out different parts of the body, like specific toning exercises for your arms or legs, which are very effective, especially if you use weights.
She explains the correct form and considering this is a book, it's quite...
Published on May 19, 2000 by pontmarie

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not so useful!
I bought this cuz I wanted to arange a simple schedule for my bodybuilding program and it really didn't help me that much...this book is filled with common sense knowledge...nothing more,no good help for even a beginner bodybuilder or an average educated person!
Published on February 28, 2008 by Ali Baranpourian

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for beginners, May 19, 2000
This review is from: Workouts For Dummies (Paperback)
She explains the correct form and considering this is a book, it's quite well done. All in all, a good book if you're getting started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for people who have never worked out before!!, July 29, 1998
Carrie (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Workouts For Dummies (Paperback)
I love this book. This is a book for people who are basically brand new to exercising and healthy living, in a sense. The book goes through basic workouts to get anyone started on the road to health. I am an exercise sports science major with a minor in nutrition, and I have reccommended this book, as well as, Nutrition for Dummies, Weight Training for Dummies and Fitness for Dummies, to many of my personal training clients. I love the whole line of books. I love the fact that someone thought to write books that people with no background in the subject area could use, and get something great out of the reading, and especially understand it. My clients have even reccommended the books to other friends and family. I even get referals off of the books, when they are reccommmended. Good job guys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand., April 1, 2006
This review is from: Workouts For Dummies (Paperback)
What do you do when you've just been hired by a client who hasn't exercised in 26 years, or someone who has just been cleared by their docotor to workout? Well, the knowledge that I have is helpful, but sometimes you need to have the basic knowledge laid infront of you....and you kind of pick up whats really important.

Thats what I found after buying this book, it reminded me of the important things to focus on, while training and educating a new exerciser.....the results? the clients become very confident! Which I think is wonderul to all exercisers, regardless of whether they have trainers or not.

I found the specific exercises for working the different body parts to be really cute!-it really reminded me that no matter how advanced I may be with my knowledge, the winner is always the person whose mastered the basics.This is the type of book you definitely want to have in your library, alongside other advanced books you may have.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not so useful!, February 28, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, May 27, 2009
This review is from: Workouts For Dummies (Paperback)
I just bought this book about a week ago. I found it to be very practical. The discussion of body types, the guide on how to measure yourself, and the pictures showing correct form for different exercises were great. If you're new to working out and interested in getting more toned this book is a great place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and useful!, September 10, 2006
This review is from: Workouts For Dummies (Paperback)
It is the one of the best. It is more used for general fitness than serious weight lifter. Usually, it takes a few months to notice result in weight training, as such, it is important to keep a training log. For convenient and substainable motivation, I have used my mobile phone as a log from [...] in the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the price and was in good, July 14, 2014
This review is from: Workouts For Dummies (Paperback)
Used as a resource in my class. Like the price and was in good shape

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, June 12, 2014
This review is from: Workouts For Dummies (Paperback)
This is okay but not what I thought. I am more of a visual person, and this is more verbal. A lot of reading and little description.I wish it had more workouts already put together. The information is there but you still have to put the workouts together.

5.0 out of 5 stars workouts for dummies is a nice way tool for designing a routine, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Workouts For Dummies (Paperback)
Easy to use. Have been using the book to expand my program. Would recommend this book. Nice nice nice nice

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for beginners, July 24, 2013
This review is from: Workouts For Dummies (Paperback)
If your looking to start a workout routine, this is a great book to get you started. I recommend this to all beginners.

Workouts For Dummies
Workouts For Dummies by Tamilee Webb (Paperback - December 23, 1998)
$21.99 $14.57