Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Worksman Port-o-Trike Three Speed Adult Tricycle Blue
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon May 8, 2011
I chose an adult trike, as I have a balance problem, and can no longer ride a bike. Assembly took some time, but it arrived more assembled than most. It feels sturdy and comfortable when I ride. The hand brake and coaster brake are easy to use. It is hilly, where I live and I have no trouble slowing down or stopping, on downward slopes. (If you do live in a hilly place, having 3 speeds is a very good idea.)

I find it is easy on my back and knees and feels stable, when I ride. However, if you are used to riding a 2-wheeler, you should be aware that a trike feels surprisingly different. You may need some practice before it feels natural to ride it. (On good advice, I found an open area and rode figure-8's until I got the knack of steering it.)

It has given me back the pleasure of pedaling, which I missed very much.
22 comments|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2012
Compact, narrower than I expected, so it fits easily in the garage, through the door, in the car and on narrower trails.

At 1 ½ years old, Buster is full wild puppy energy, so needs exercise. This is the only way I can give it to him with my wimpy knee... Plus it's good knee therapy. I can stop and chat without getting off the bike, except for pet clean up. :-)

We have a great safe trail right outside the front door to bike. The tricycle keeps me from getting pulled over by this 17lb pup.

I really need the three speed when he stops get and leave his P-Mail on hills. The basket holds a medium sized pet bed, water, treats and maybe Buster if he ever gets tired enough! We've met many new two and four legged friends, being a unique site in the neighborhood.

It took about two hours to assemble myself. It would have been one if I had followed the directions more precisely. The whole rear assembly (except basket) was pre-assembled, so no messing with gears and chains. (Thank goodness!). I have the seat at maximum height to minimize over-bending one bad knee. Seat and handlebars are comfortable. I'm glad it has fenders on all wheels. Don't ride it along the side of a hill nlike a two wheeler, you can't lean into the hill, so it would tip over. Going up and especially down is great though.

Buster adapted quickly and learned to stay clear. I added a old fashioned bike bell to warn walkers of our approach and say "Hi" to neighbors and new friends. We are a wide load between the two of us. Also the "Walky Bar" does create a safer distance from the wheels and better control of the leash around the bike. Petego Walky Dog Hands-Free Bicycle Leash

We use SportsTracker Android app to log our speed, time, and mileage with the smart phone.

(See our product photo for more info on how we are using this bike.)

Needless to say - we are having a fun summer! I highly recommend it for both dog and dog walkers! Even if you don't have a dog, it is great excercise and safe for those with balance issues.

EXTRA NOTE: Make sure to have it put together by strong hands. At the end of the great summer of riding the had a nasty accident, because the Handlbars turned one way and the front wheel another. Probably a no brainer, but better safe than flying... :-)
review image
on April 24, 2012
We looked at many Adult Tricycles. Most where big and not easy to store. They were heavy and took up alot of garage room. We also wanted something that we could take with us when we travel. We decided on the Worksman Port-O-Trike 3spd. Upon arrival the Trike was simple to put together. Everything needed was in the box. The parts lined up for securing. The instructions are easy to follow and there is always the youtube video that helps those that need it.
Remember to check wheel tightness before riding. It will take a little ride time to get used to the balance of a tricycle over a standard bike. The 3 speeds make it easy to pedal. The seat and handlebars will set up for just about anyone to ride. The rear basket is set a little close and your feet will hit on it when you pedal. I reset the basket farther back, (had to drill two new holes), to fix this problem. We have been asked by several people where we got the trike. The size is what draws people to it. No more fighting the big 26 inch heavy weights. The bike is great if you need to store it. It is also great if you are older and would have a problem dealing with a larger trike. It is very easy to get on and off. it is a big plus being lower to the ground than a full size bike. If you are looking for a trike to ride around the neighborhood or take to the local market this is it. If I still had my boat
this would be my equipment transport. Worksman Port-o-Trike Three Speed Adult Tricycle
on April 16, 2011
bike assembly is real easy bike rides real good and comfortable.
one problem is my front tire cover or fender is gray should
have been chrome plated. also recieved front wheel with caliper
brakes should be drum brake as noted on product description.
Called factory and I was able to get a front wheel with drum brake.
I Love my bike well built and it is MADE IN THE U.S.A.
44 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2011
My Trike arrived and it can not be assembled related to a myriad of problems with the hole placement, condition of frame etc... I have returned it and I am taking a chance on a replacement. Who is in charge of quality control on this trike? A person reviewed this product with similar concerns in May. I hope someone in charge listens and rectifies production issues. I hope that I have better luck with the replacement trike.
on May 13, 2011
Missing parts, damaged threads, mismatched parts. If you like a challenge and a chance to be creative this is for you. The bike came 70% unassembled in a box, the box was trashed, there was no protective packing inside, luckily not too much damage to the bike. I had to use my own screws and bailing wire to assemble, took about 6 hours. The bike itself is OK, I don't think 2nd gear is working, just goes straight from 1st to 3rd. I guess I will find out how it holds up. Amazon should be ashamed sending me a bike that was obviously returned before.
55 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2011
First let me tell you Amazon was fabulous to work with during this nightmare. We bought US made product to support our country and had hoped for a better situation. Our first trike order arrived damaged, according the the manufacture Workmans! However, the product showed no sign of damage but the foldable pins didn't line up. UPS picked the product up and we received the second trike in less then 5 days. The process went very smoothly. Although, the previous follable pin issue was now not a problem this time; there were 3 other major problems. First, the intertube had 2 punctures requiring a new inter tube, secondly, you could peddle but the bike didn't move and it required a trip to the bike store for diagnosis. The factory didn't tighten a screw, thirdly a problem with the wheel feeling like it had a flat spot requiring another trip to the bike store and it had something to do with the tire rim which they fixed. Finally, after a few trips and other adjustments the bike was finally ready to ride. Obviously, this is a quality control issue! Amazon gave us a nice credit for the hassle and the purchase of the intertube but had one more thing happened we would have shipped it back for good! I am sad to say we were not happy with Workman's product and hope that they will do a better job with their quality control!
on October 3, 2013
Let me tell you, for a 68-year-old overweight woman, I feel like a kid again riding this trike!
When you see it, you want to ride it. I needed something for daily exercise (heel pain has made
it hard for me to walk)... so this is just the thing I needed to motivate myself. Yesterday I went
out to the garage to store something and saw my new trike and just got on it and started riding.
It's kind of irresistible. Everyone who sees it wants to try it, even my adult kids.

I decided on the Worksman 3-speed with 20" wheels because it seemed more compact and lightweight
than other 26" wheeled one-speed trikes (only slightly more cumbersome than a bike, I can get it
through my front door). Also, I needed 3 speeds because we have some hills. I ordered it online
through Walmart, who put it together for me, no charge. (I called first to make sure.) That was a
big relief because it seems whenever we order something it's missing parts, so I was happy to
leave it to them.

I especially like the COASTER BRAKES.
This model has a right hand brake as well as coaster foot brakes... very helpful for stopping when
you have weak hands.

Also, I worried that MY WEIGHT (235)
would be too much for the "210 lb limit" stated, so I emailed the company and they said they give a
generous leeway. Trying it, it looks sturdy and feels very safe.

Some points to remember in riding a TRIKE vs a bike:

1.) TAKE TURNS SLOWLY: for an old person, especially. Having 2 back wheels tends to make the trike gain
momentum and want to keep going... so you have to be wary: slow down and lean purposefully into your big turns.

2.) STAY CLEAR OF ROAD EDGE/SHOULDER: With a trike, your riding path is 30", unlike a
regular bike. Remember there are 2 wheels in back instead of one, so keep clear of the edge of
the road so a wheel doesn't veer off onto the soft shoulder or off a little drop, like we have here.

Delighted it's Made in the USA. All in all, this is the niftiest ride ever!

UPDATE: May 15, 2015 - It's a year and a half later and I'M STILL RIDING! I go out practically every day
for at least 20 minutes (in cooler weather, 30 minutes). It's more for keeping my blood sugar down than to
lose weight (although I have lost a few pounds). It has made me physically stronger with not that much effort,
improving my stamina in my walking too... and riding is still fun! BONUS: a feeling of well-being from exercise,
both physically and in mental outlook. People still ask me about this cute trike. Everyone in the neighborhood
knows me now and waves, and I don't feel foolish. When I decided to get it I was 90 percent sure that it would
be sitting in the garage, getting rusty, but not at all. This trike gets a workout, and it's done me a world of good!
on April 6, 2012
This bike arrived yesterday. It was packaged well and I did not notice any damage what-so-ever. I ordered the 3-speed model which has rear coaster brakes.

It is a good sturdy bike, a little heavier than what I anticipated. I know that I will not be able to lift it into my car by myself. But the weight makes it feel like a good sturdy bike to ride.

Assembly was easy if you followed the instructions step by step. I would think you will want to watch the You Tube video entitled, "Worksman Port-o-Trike Assemble Instructions".[...]

Took the bike out for the first time yesterday, spent most of the day riding it and it was easy to handle, went over both pavement and gravel with ease.
on July 20, 2012
Worksman Port-O-Trike should have been a nice bike. I ordered it so my daughter could safely transportport her 1 year old daughter to local stores in her small neighborhood in Broomfield Colorado. I had read previous reviews where the bike arived missing parts. I took a chance. Sure enough, it arrived missing some key pieces keeping my daughter from completing the assembly. She has no car and this was an important investiment. What really angers me is the fact that neither Amazon nor Workman has returned her emails or calls requesting assistance. She has had the bike for 2 weeks now and its sitting in her garage unused. I has definately lost my respect for the workman company and Amazon's customer Service department.

26 July. I must update. Amazon has been extremely helpful and I apologize for my previous comment reference their customer support department. They shipped my daughter a second Worksman Trike to switch with or at least complete the first trike. It arrived promptly, but sadly, it also was missing parts, some of which were the same missing pieces as the first trike. I great respect for Amazon but will never by anything from Worksman again. My daughter has called Workman five times, was told on their automated machine, she would be cobtacted shortly and has never received a call. I don't recommend this bike or anything from the Worksman Company.