Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The World of Eric Carle Developmental Caterpillar
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Toy|Change

on October 31, 2012
I received this cute toy from a friend of mine with the Eric Carle book at my baby shower. My 4-month son LOVES it but scared us tremendously the other day when he began CHOKING on the antenna. This toy is a lot of fun and very durable, nothing came off of it. However, like most kids his age, he loves sucking and chewing on things. As he was sucking on the antenna, he twisted the toy upside down and let go of it, causing the 2-inch antenna to get lodged down his throat. THANK GOD my husband and I were sitting right in front of him at the time, because he immediately began throwing up and turning bright red. I never thought that would happen and it scared me half to death. PLEASE be careful with this or any toy that you think your baby might be OK with. We thought it was very safe and, for the most part, it is. But I don't believe there was a choking hazard warning on this toy and I just wanted to share our experience so other parents would remain cautious.
on February 10, 2010
I purchased 2 stuffies and the book The Hungry Catterpillar for my grandson. I've been a mom for 40 years. Kids love to hold a character from the book that you are reading to them. It is wise to purchase a "spare" stuffy should harm befall the first! This is even better than pictured. Even the bottom of his feet are decorated!
on January 18, 2011
My 6 month old twin boys LOVE this toy. They enjoy the attenae and feet, for playing with and chewing on. They like that they can grab the toy firmly by the ring that has the beads. The teether tail is also a big hit. We've also seen them teething on the attachment ring, which is a convenient shape for them to hold onto. We should have bought two, because our boys enjoy this toy so much. It's a big hit.
on July 21, 2013
My baby loves this caterpillar! It has so many things to look at, feel and listen to... It holds his interest for much longer than other toys. I prefer this toy over a lot of the similar toys because it goes along with The Very Hungry Caterpillar book.
on December 28, 2015
My grandson is 4 months old and we wanted to purchase stimulating sensory toys. He is just discovering his hands and fee tut loves different sounds and visual and auditory stimuli. This toy is perfect. We can hang it on his car seat and he can swat it and grab at it. We expect this to be one of his favorite toys.
on November 30, 2015
I ordered this because we had the frog and loved it. The Caterpillar isn't very well made, came with a small hole from the tag, you can't squeeze it to make the squeaker squeak, and the colors seem off. I would not buy this for a friend.
on November 2, 2015
My 7 month old son loves the World of Eric Carle, Activity Caterpillar since he was born, so I decided to get this one as well. He does prefer the World of Eric Carle, Activity Caterpillar over this but still loves this.
on January 7, 2016
My 7 month old loves his Caterpillar! He enjoys shaking it up and down so he can hear the rattlers. He also loves the different textures and gnawing on the antennas (they are barley over an inch so I don't worry about him gagging on them. It is one of his favorite toys!
on September 23, 2014
This will be perfect with the book, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Good for maybe 6 months old as it has a teetherr and beads to play with. Has pleasant rattle and hanger for the crib. Colorful. Be careful leaving things in the crib.
on April 25, 2016
What a cute toy! The Hungry Caterpillar is one of my childhood favorite characters so of course I needed to buy this for my daughter. She is still a bit small to play with all the features of it but she sure likes staring at it. It clips onto her carseat :)

See 1 answered question