Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: 6-PieceMaterial Type: GlassChange

on July 20, 2014
These clear Pyrex 2 cup bowls with tight fitting red plastic lids are exactly what I was looking for. I like to buy food in #10 cans and store it in smaller containers. These bowls hold 1.5 cups of beans or chili or pasta with plenty of head room for expansion in the freezer. Two cups of liquid fills them to the very brim, so if you're planning to freeze 2 cup portions, you will need something larger. These measure 4.75" diameter at the top outside rim, 4" across the bottom diameter, and 2.25" high. They are simple and plain and look good on a casual table. The lid is so tight that you can turn it every which way but loose and it still stays on. The bowls go from freezer to microwave to table to dishwasher without a problem. They aren't plastic so I don't have any concerns about toxins migrating into the food. They should last a lot longer than plastic. For my needs, they are a perfect size. I bought several sets and will buy more now that I see they are exactly what I wanted. All pros, no cons.
0Comment51 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2015
Note: I've uploaded half a dozen photos showing both dimensions and details provided on the product packaging to help other shoppers.
_________________________________

This Pyrex Simple Store food storage set is perfect: it's sturdy (the glass bowls have already stood up to a couple of hard knocks), easy to clean, and the lids are easy to apply and remove. Often with storage containers getting an airtight seal requires carefully pressing down each side of the lid, or prying lids off once they're on. Not so with this set. Lids are easy to remove with one hand, and pressing down on one side secures lids in place with an airtight seal.

As you can see from the product pictures I uploaded, the packaging indicates the set is oven, microwave, freezer, and dishwasher-safe (top rack only); made in America; and BPA free.

I am somewhat skeptical about the BPA free claim. You can see in one of the pictures I uploaded that the label has a green logo which reads, "Reusable glassware - BPA free". Well, glass is naturally BPA free, so this seems rather misleading. The only part of the product which might contain BPA are the lids, yet the packaging does not specifically state the lids are BPA free, but instead seems to be making an misleading comparison that glass, as opposed to other storage container materials, is BPA free. The undersides of the lids are embossed with the words "BPA free", but that could again be referring to the glass portion of the product. If it's important to you to make certain you're using BPA free products, you might want to contact World Kitchen (parent of the Pyrex brand) for clarification. I use these bowls to portion out cat food, and because the food isn't actually in contact with the lids, it isn't a concern for me.

Finally, as for the amount of space they'll consume in your cupboard, they are stackable, but not fully nestable. I've uploaded a picture showing them stacked together.

Bottom line: these are well-designed containers, and I highly recommend them.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments34 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2014
I live alone and frequently needed containers for left overs. I don't like plastic because they get discolored in the microwave. These are a great size for one person. Each holds a generous entrée portion. I can even put them in the freezer.
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2014
These are mostly leakproof (except with soup sort of things) and I use them to take lunch in. Glass is good for microwaves and doesnt leech questionable chemicals into the food when warmed up. Makes the lunch kit a little heavy but that isnt an issue for me. Two cups are perfect for lunch for any working professional.
on March 30, 2014
I already had a couple of Pyrex sets that included this two cup size. But we needed more of them since we make up the weeks breakfast every Sunday and freeze it, taking out a couple of each day to take to work. These are the perfect size to hold about 1/2 cup potatoes, a few oz of meat and a couple of scrambled eggs.

Even better they are made in the US which is important to me.
on June 21, 2014
I bought these on Amazon for far less than I found them locally. I like these for leftovers and lunches because they don't leak and the container is glass. I don't like to re-heat i plastic so I just open these, cover with a paper towel, and microwave for a minute or two. I try to buy as much Made in USA merchandise as possible, so that was a big plus for me. These are fairly durable although eventually the edges get chipped or the lids get warped in the dishwasher. At this price, I don't mind replacing them now and then.
on April 10, 2014
I cook often and make extra meals for the littlest members of the family. I bought two sets of these containers (which arrived wrapped very securely in the box), so I have 6 containers for the whole week. This is great for traveling as well, since they fit into lunch bags and can stack up. The lids are snug on these containers, so I don't worry about leaks. However, just for prevention of leaks, I do use plastic wrap on top of any liquids and then I put the lids on. No leakage so far!
on May 7, 2014
These are great for kitchen storage and I love the snap on lid. I used them all the time for leftovers and they can go straight to the microwave and then the dishwasher. My kitchen is red so I love that it is color coordinated with my other kitchen tools.
on October 8, 2014
advertised as 2 cups more like 1and 1/2 cup in each container.
on September 23, 2014
The red cover says two cups- 470ml, but it looked wrong so using several different measuring cups I found the same result - 1and 1/2 cup and 350 ml. There is more than one definition of what a cup is, but measured in ml it is always the same. A big company like pyrex has no excuse to miss by 100 ml. I purchased these for a specific purpose of storing 470ml's worth (2 cups) and they are worthless for that.