Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The World of the Microscope (Science & Experiments Series)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 17, 2002
I was looking for a microscope book for the elementary school age. And I found it. This book is a great introduction for young minds, or for anyone who knows nothing about microscopes and the world of the very small. This little 48 page book covers everything from the history of microscope, the scale of things, how to use one, looking at cells, microorganisms, plants, insects, rocks, etc. even how to prepare your own slides, and the equipment you need. Great for the young, even for adults who know nothing about microscope and the world they reveal. As far as I could tell there are no photos in this book, but do not let this deter you from enjoying it, for it is beautifully illistrated with very detailed full color drawings. This would be a great book for child and adult to learn together. I would say this book is for grade school age kids, but Jr. High (i guess its called middle school these days) and high school ages might enjoy it. This is a very basic book, an introduction, a college or university student would get a laugh out of it and give to their 8 year old niece or nephew, who would love it.
0Comment|175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2000
We sell a lot of microscopes to families with children, and when we do, this is the book we recommend to go alongside that new scope. Each full color page is packed with well illustrated, easy to understand information and experimentation for the budding young microscopist. From how a microscope works, to how to use and care for one, this little book is a top pick.
0Comment|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2000
When I got my first microscope, I didn't know what to do with it. This book helped give me some ideas. It has stuff from growing bacteria, to staining slides. This book is GREAT!
on February 10, 2003
I got this book 2 years ago and I still have it today. If you or someone you know likes science and microscopes, I have no choice but to reccomed this book for starters or people who are dying to try some microscope experiments. They tell you what you will need and safty options. And it even tells you the things you need to make your own lab! This is a very helpful book.
on November 18, 2005
While looking to educate my adopted Chinese son ... only in this country for two years, I noticed his interest in life sciences and chemestry. So, we bought him his first Microscope for this Christmas and were trying to figure out how we can teach him the many things/uses we had forgotten in 42 years since my school days. Well ..... this book is the perfect answer. Not only does it explain the microscope, but it gives great experiments and things to build from household items as tools to carry my son further than I could. The writting will be a little dense per page for his understanding, but any good parent that will use this to help their child will be able to take that child to high knowledge and functionality in the microscope realm.
on January 20, 2005
Santa brought our seven year old a nice microscope and a copy of this book. It is FULL of great ideas for experiments-including where and how to get samples. My husband and I found it fascinating, and we are all enjoying the new toy. I don't know how much use a microscope would get without a great book guiding you along.
on January 15, 2007
Wonderful for my 10-yr-old niece's first experience with a microscope. Good pictures, colorful, understandable instructions, useful information. Probably good for any beginner, any age.
on February 16, 2008
I bought this and gave it as a gift with a microscope and prepared slides to a 9 year old boy. He loved the microscope and slides, and the book was a nice accompaniment that he could use for reference. The book wasn't used for very long though once he got to using the microscope.
on December 26, 2014
This is a great book for young scientists. It spells out using microscopes from A to Z. I had a tough time rating this and decided to rate the product rather than the delivery. My chief complaint was with the shipping. I purchased a new copy and it arrived in a manilla envelope with a bent spine and smudges on a few of the pages... definitely not a "new" edition.
on October 2, 2015
This is a very nice getting started book for micrscopes for any age. It has many experiments to go along with information about your micrscope and how to use it. It is a nice addition to anyones micrscope lab.