4.0 out of 5 stars Are seat belts really required?
Published on December 14, 2007 by Samuel Chell

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit the casio privia keyboards
This stand might be great for other brands of keyboards, but not the casio privia keyboard models. I found that the keyboard itself was too thin for the width of the stand even after trying to adjust it to fit and it slid around too much for me to be comfortable keeping it. I had to send it back and try a different one.
Published 9 months ago by amarie09

4.0 out of 5 stars Are seat belts really required?, December 14, 2007
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
This World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand, available for a "song" from American Musical Supply, is the one I use for any keyboard weighing over 50 pounds (Roland RD-700 and Kurzweil PC-88 or PC-2X are a couple of examples). These should not require a strap (or glue, velcro, anchors, or whatever the previous reviewer had in mind). I play "hard," and I have yet to lose a keyboard from this stand. For lighter-weight keyboards (Kurzweil SP models, Roland RD-300SX, Korg SP-500) I use the single-brace version of this stand (it's much easier to throw inside of a case or strap to the outside) and haven't had any disasters (sure, some bouncing around--but that's frequently a helpful reminder to calm down and stop rushing the tempo). The handiest, most indestructible keyboard stand I own is a featherlight aluminum X with a canvas-strap top, long out of business (sadly). Just beware of the stands that are sold with the Casios and Yamahas at Best Buy and Circuit City (I've had to use one in the pinch and, though just as expensive as the World Tour models, it fell apart within a couple of months).

One caveat: if you're doing a "lounge act," all of these X models, regardless of how practical the design is, don't do much for appearance (especially if your knees are knobby like mine). Instead, consider investing in a table-type of stand and even draping a sexy curtain down the front (put an iridescent, spaced-out picture of Sun Ra on it).

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Universal Keyboard Stand, January 20, 2006
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
This keyboard stand isn't half bad as it allows you to use pretty much any keyboard on this stand. Comes assembled so no work to start using it and has these rubber covers to help secure the keyboard. Since the keyboard just sits atop of the stand, it does move a bit if you bang on your keyboard, but if you have a heavy keyboard, its not much of a problem. For the most part, there's no complaints about it. If you would like a first hand view on the stand, you can always go to a Sam Ash music store and find the stand there. It seems to be the standard issue double X keyboard stand they sell there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Preassembled and sturdy, inexpensive keyboard stand., October 6, 2010
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
Well worth the small difference in price compared with the single x stand or the double x stands requiring assembly. So much sturdier than our old single x stand, and it took literally seconds to set up after removing from the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid keyboard stand, November 6, 2011
Dannyganz (Central Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
Comes assembled, supports our Yamaha YPG-235 76-key keyboard perfectly. Height adjustable, very stable with no wobble.
Sets up in no time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy. Easy to use. Fully assembled., February 20, 2013
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
I am very favorably impressed with this keyboard stand. It is very sturdy. It is very easy to use: You just pull on the knob to retract a spring-loaded pin and then adjust the stand to the desired height. Release the knob so the pin goes in the hole, and that's it. It ships fully assembled and securely boxed to prevent any damage in shipment. Moreover, the price is significantly lower than many other stands. At its lowest height, the top of the stand is 25 inches off the floor. This is lower than some other stands, and it is the right height for supporting a keyboard when the player is seated. I have seen too many stands that will not go this low and require the performer to sit on an unusually high bench. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, May 2, 2013
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
I have a 76 key Yamaha keyboard, and this fits it perfectly. Very easy setup, easy to adjust. It's not especially attractive, but if you like to take your keyboard places, this is portable, easy to fold up and set up. The rubber edges keep the keyboard in place.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, sturdy stand for the money., January 17, 2009
M. Fogle (Durham, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
I purchased this stand for my Yamaha P85 digital piano. It's very sturdy and well made, only I wish it would have a lower minimum height for my youngest daughter. You should note that some keyboards and digital pianos are not flat on the bottom and won't sit level on this X-stand (or most other X-stands for that matter) - they'll tend to slide around. This problem is easily solved by getting yourself a 4' x 1' x 0.75" piece of shelf board or similar, priming and spray-painting it black, then place it on the stand. Keyboards with rubber feet will sit nicely on the board and won't slide around.

5.0 out of 5 stars it rocked, May 9, 2013
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
its easily foldable, i already brought once to open mic and it was so easy to carry, its pretty sturdy,very sturdy, my keyboard, yamaha p 95 x slides some but if i bought that stuff that you put under a rug to keep it from sliding it cut two pieces , it would fix the problem, besides that, its nice metal, not cheap feeling, and has nice black plated look,

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Functioning Stand, June 24, 2013
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
The stand works. I am satisfied, which isn't meant to understate the quality of the product. I'm happy that I got my money's worth.

It arrived today. I took it out of the box, ready to use. I put my Yamaha-P35 on it and never once questioned its stability. At 5'3, I needed to put the stand on its lowest height option. Still, no issues, whether at its lowest or highest point. It's good to buy something that just works like you want it. I was considering other stands but chose this one because 1.) it came pre-assembled, ready to use (no tools or missing pieces to deal with) 2.) it's double x design ensured me it would be stable not only for my Yamaha (which is rather light at 25 pounds) but for heavier pianos should I upgrade and 3.) it was affordable.

I'll update this review in a few months if the stand gives me trouble. Otherwise, I'm very happy with this purchase. This is a simple, sturdy, no frills stand for the budget-minded buyer.

5.0 out of 5 stars piano stand, May 9, 2013
This review is from: World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand (Electronics)
Met expectations and was stronger than I expected! Its adjustable that's great as well and it wasn't damaged in any way and the box was in tact 100%, thank you!

World Tour Double X Keyboard Stand