5.0 out of 5 stars More than an hour and worth it!
Published on May 24, 2012 by Bruce Jenvey

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
I profess to be an amateur historian as I have no degrees to back-up the vast readings I've done on WWII and a small part to WWI. So, I'm always looking for something new and interesting. Sadly this one missed the mark.

Published 22 months ago by Jeff Dawson

5.0 out of 5 stars More than an hour and worth it!, May 24, 2012
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)
Great Book, some confusion. First, if you can read this book in an hour, you are a far faster reader than me! It's rated by Kindle at 86 pages, not true, thankfully, much longer than that. But NOT some terrible, ongoing, never ending, in-depth descriptive. This was a concise, but all inclusive, history of the period. It gave the reasons for the war, why it started, and most important, WHY a war that should have truly been settled in months, dragged on for years of agony. I consider myself a real history nut and very well read, yet, I felt a little weak in this time peroid. This book gave me all the information I have always wanted to know, concise and complete. Excellent reference!

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise Summary - and Took About an Hour to Read, November 8, 2012
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)
This summary is short, sweet, and to the point - similar to a Cliff's Notes version of the major actions and key players involved in World War I. This was well-researched and concise. While very high-level, it gives you enough to whet your appetite and want to learn more details, and the addition of pictures of the key players, etc., enhance the value. I also liked the end notes which gave you autobiographical information on the key players, including what happened to them after the war and how they died.

Yes, it took about an hour to read this while on a plane!

I picked this up for free during a Kindle promotion, and as I type this review I see the Kindle pricing is still free - even if they charged a couple of bucks for it, this is a worthwhile summary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, direct, and interesting, October 1, 2012
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)
This is a great read if you don't know much about
World War One, and are trying to get a good picture of the
events in the precise order they happened. I am reading
this book as a supplement to "America: the Great War 1914-
1916." I get to read what happened, and then read an eye-
witness account of it in The Great War. It's well written,
so this book gets five stars. ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, October 26, 2012
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)

It does cover WWI in less than an hour and that is the problem. The reader is introduced to the facts and only the facts, yet the author fails to make any mention of the American Expedition in Russia. Yes, American troops were attempting to bring down Lenin and the new Communist government.

I did like the introduction on what triggered WWI. That was good, but from that moment on, it left me flat. There is no definitive time line which could easily thwart new readers from garnering any interest in the "War to End all Wars." I did enjoy the Appendix where the reader is truly introduced to the main players and their interesting backgrounds. Well done.

I believe if a more structured time line was implemented it would be easier to digest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done., August 14, 2012
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this very much. As soon as I finished....I bought the book on W W II . Spread the word to other history buffs.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a basic review which accomplishes the purpose, October 3, 2012
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)
I wanted a quick review of WWI and this is exactly what I got. Nothing outstanding but it could not fit that mold to begin with. The book is very helpful in this case and will enhance your process of deciding if you want to get more serious about the history and what episodes you would prefer. I think the most positive aspect is that the book was able to be concise and still limit the amount of pages in order to get through it quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers on its promise., December 16, 2012
Dustin Haley (KILLEEN, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)
Excellent brief history of WWI. Even a person coming in with zero historical knowledge can leave with a decent understanding of the conflict.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, Rupert Colley!, December 10, 2012
Donald D. Roose (Guadalajara, Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)
This was my father's war, and I enjoyed very much this fine condensed overview of what was really going on at that time. Quite interesting to me was how so many countries jumped on the "declaration of war" movement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 7, 2012
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)
I READ THIS BOOK OVER A 3 day period. It greatly increased my understanding of how this war started, how it changed the face of Europe and set the stage for World war 2. This was an important era, often not understated, and this book was sufficiently detailed to meet my needs.

This war made a home for the Jews in Israel, ended the Ottoman Empire and was the end of many monarchies in Europe. WELL DONE.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good summary of the 'Great War', December 6, 2012
This review is from: World War One: History in an Hour (Kindle Edition)
If you are looking for a basic introduction of the First World War, I recommend this book. It provides a helpful overview of this conflict in clear language. I personally was reminded of things I had either forgotten or did not know such as the influence of the Zimmerman telegram on American attitudes and the relatedness of the British, German, and Russian monarchs.

World War One: History in an Hour