Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: World War Z
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on November 17, 2015
Better than expected BUT this guy's luck in surviving the multitude of life threatening situations that comprises this yarn pushes my suspension of disbelief to the breaking point. Plus, another thing that just annoys the Hell out of me in any movie, is these super quick cuts with bobbling, jittery hand held "just like you're there" camera moves that never add but only detract from the drama. Enuf said. It was good enough but it could have been better--a lot better considering the genre.
on February 29, 2016
I thought this was well acted and the actors were properly placed into their rolls. There were some action scenes that are hard to believe, but that is nothing new for Hollywood. However, the storyline flowed very well and you were anxious to see what happens next. This is a well laid out movie and I hope they make a sequel that can be just as good.
on November 15, 2013
I am not a professional nor a 'semi-professional' movie reviewer. (As some I've read here on Amazon) I simply watch & will tell home viewers what I liked & disliked. "World War Z" (Unrated Version) is a movie I REALLY liked! I had to watch it twice, due to my missing a fact early on in a scene. I thought there was a HUGE error in the movie! LoL! I knew there just could NOT be such, and the movie was so good, so thrilling, so exciting, such down right fun; I fought, 'Why not watch it a second time and see what I missed?" I found it of course, and a few other things for that matter!

This movie starts out with a bang, a REAL bang, gets your adrenalin going from the very start. My heart was beating very fast & I was sitting up straight in my chair within the first five minutes! After that it never truly lets up on that constant feeling of a thrilling apocalyptic scare ride! There is a 'Real Story' that coexists with the end-of-the world plot also, no worries there; so this isn't a simple one dimensional story. (Brat Pitt, father, hubby, save the world, blah…blah…blah…No! It is a GOOD Story!) I mean, what more fun is there than watching Brad Pitt running from Zombies? Sigh...

The thing that hit me most about this movie was that the idea, the plot-actually COULD happen! And that scares the living daylights outa me! There are new and unknown viral and bacterial breakouts found around our globe every day/week/month. Check online @ the CDC/NIH! LoL! (No! I am NOT a conspiracy theorist! HA! No worries there! Neither am I one of those 'Survivor' type people-although I know a few!) I am however a Medical Researcher…. This movie IS close enough to reality to be just a tad….. scary! Enjoy it…. (While you can…! Whoo--Whee!)
on September 14, 2015
I normally abhor the constant stream of zombie, werewolf, witch, paranormal, ghost and vampire movies; but I must say that I enjoyed World War Z starring Brad Pitt.

Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt), former United Nations employee, is called in to stem the tide of zombies that threatens to decimate the world's population. There's a lot of action; and the premise is not as outlandish as some other zombie movies that I've seen.

All in all it was a good evening's entertainment.
on September 8, 2014
Having seen World War Z in the theater and being highly letdown by the lack of blood and choppy action scenes, I decided to give the unrated version a watch (just to see if it made any difference). I can tell you that a highly forgettable generic PG-13 rated zombie movie became a wicked cool "worth owning" zombie movie with the unrated cut. This is the best example I have ever seen as to how something as simple as a rating can make or break a film. The theatrical version LOOKED like it was heavily edited for television back in the 1970s. Anytime blood SHOULD have been on screen the camera quickly jerked away. With the unrated version the camera stays put and the blood and carnage finally show up. With the popularity of The Walking Dead and decades of Romero zombie gore it's inexcusable to have a watered-down zombie epic that shows no blood or gore. I totally gave up on this film after leaving the theater, but after viewing the unrated cut it has now found a permanent place on my Blu-ray shelf.
on August 11, 2015
Perhaps the scariest part is the beginning, showing what happens when the infrastructure is destroyed as in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina, to the 10th power. Thereafter it's your usual zombie/living dead movie. Brad Pitt, The Only Man Who Can Save The World is browbeaten out of retirement To Save The World. The special effects are good although as far as Brad Pitt is concerned, his acting talents, including his senses of humor and sarcasm, were severely under utilized.

An O.K. movie but not much more.
on October 8, 2015
A good movie to start with. I did see it on the big screen--not my 55" flat screen, but the sit down in the movie theater screen. There is nothing like seeing a film in a real theater. A theater room does not cut it for enjoyment. This unrated version is not significantly different from the version I watched in the theater. The few changes did not add much, if anything, to the final product. Nor, did their deletion matter either. Still a good movie.
on April 14, 2015
Not really impressed overall. The beginning seemed like it should have taken longer so we could meet the characters. The shots of the zombies were rushed and confused so many times that it could be hard to keep up with what was happening. It was a super clever solution in the end(no spoilers! Ha!)which I liked. But again, it was if they set up what the characters were working towards and then suddenly yanked that away and dumped the 'real' solution and ran away. Also, the side story about the family left behind was boring because they weren't doing anything, but kept getting screentime because we were supposed to really care. Overall, I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in theater or buy it on DVD.
on February 24, 2015
I liked it! The reverse thinking and the analogy made it interesting and more believable. Instead of treating the virus, they gave it a twist by giving themselves one to camouflage humanity from the Zombies, was brilliant, & the Jewish people added the concept voting 9 with and the 10th Jewish Judge over rules all 9 decisions with a no to prevent another mistake like the one's they had made in the passed was a cool addition to the story. Thumbs up!
review image
on March 14, 2015
If you want non-stop, fast-paced action, then become a zombie, leave your brains on your bedside table and look no further than World War Z. Yes, there is action. Yes, there is carnage. Yes, there is Brad Pitt with his "do I really have to do this?" look he does so well. But, there is no real explanation for what is happening--indeed, I felt like one of the children in that I was given no prior information but was expected to accept that everyone knows what's going on as normal. When the movie was all said and done, I was not certain as to whether it was intended as an indictment of the UN and WHO or as a piece supporting everything they stand for. The "solution" really had no basis in reality, science or logic, but then, the whole premise had no basis in any of these, either. Sooooo, leave your brains at the door and enjoy the movie already! The action is extremely fast-paced. It is almost impossible to keep your breath during the action and it is definitely impossible to see everything that is going on. Many times, things happen so fast that you will never see all the action. There is no real acting going on, it is as if the actors are just walking through the camera shot (or in this case running with their hands flailing in the air) to get something on tape. The real outstanding part of this movie is the broad shots of the mobs of people, but those are computer-generated. So, since there is a convoluted plot, an implausible situation and solution, little (if any) acting, and (technically) a one-man show, I take points away. If you loved Brad in Moneyball and the Ocean's movies, watch them again and you will not feel like you would have wasted your two hours.